Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

Another hard game for the Hoose tonight against Glenrothes.  With only 3 games now to go 3 points in the bag tonight would take us a step closer to that runners-up spot and allow the lads to have a few well deserved week off from competitive matches given we do not have a game on Saturday.

Haddington also play Arniston tonight in what should also be an interesting game....

3 to go...go the Hoose! 

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to all the Hoose lads for an excellent result against Glenrothes last night. A Gribbs hat-trick and manager JC again taking his place between the sticks along with a solid and determined team performance got us a great 3 points!!

These 3 points became even more important with Haddington losing at home to Arniston as it means that the Hoose now only need 1 point from 2 games to become runners-up, unless of course Haddington don't win against Dundee Downfield on Sat in which case we become runners-up then.

A well earned weeks break before the next game should hopefully recharge a few fairly drained batteries before the trip to Thornton next Wednesday.

GO THE HOOSE.....2 to go!!

Well after an exhausting programme recently catching back up on our fixtures we now have a long break of a week between games. With the final week of the season for us approaching (Wed away to Thornton then Sat home to tayport) our last 2 matches with 1 point securing 2nd place. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support in my first full season as Fauldhouse United manager. Firstly the committee and fans for showing trust in me to manage their/Our fantastic club. Secondly the players for buying into what we are trying to do on and off the pitch. The players have been nothing short of outstanding in their attitudes and commitment through out the season. Last but defo not least my management team without them this doesn't function. First Tony Lee (kitman) this guy is the heartbeat of our dressing room and without him we would be lost Tony also has Billy Close helping on training nights and greatly appreciated by the boys. Secondly Euan Millar (Physio) has came in later but he's been excellent and very over worked at times. Last and most important too me are Alan prosser David Dunn and James Brown these guys are the ones who get the players physically ready and prepared for matches and in my eyes the real unsung heroes the work and commitment these guys have shown me is very humbling and appreciated greatly. Looking back 12months when I had just 2 signed players and myself the club on and off the park has came along way. Things like dressing room upgrade ECT it's a fantastic place to be. Small examples like signing 3 young 17 year old boys and getting them senior contracts has been amazing also going forward we will have a brand new grass pitch fully relayed for next season in the top league so ALL positives as we have had 90% of the sqaud signed up for next season for a while now. The club is in a very healthy place and still looking to improve

Cheers jc
Mon the hoose

Well after an exhausting programme recently catching back up on our fixtures we now have a long break of a week between games. With the final week of the season for us approaching (Wed away to Thornton then Sat home to tayport) our last 2 matches with 1 point securing 2nd place. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support in my first full season as Fauldhouse United manager. Firstly the committee and fans for showing trust in me to manage their/Our fantastic club. Secondly the players for buying into what we are trying to do on and off the pitch. The players have been nothing short of outstanding in their attitudes and commitment through out the season. Last but defo not least my management team without them this doesn't function. First Tony Lee (kitman) this guy is the heartbeat of our dressing room and without him we would be lost Tony also has Billy Close helping on training nights and greatly appreciated by the boys. Secondly Euan Millar (Physio) has came in later but he's been excellent and very over worked at times. Last and most important too me are Alan prosser David Dunn and James Brown these guys are the ones who get the players physically ready and prepared for matches and in my eyes the real unsung heroes the work and commitment these guys have shown me is very humbling and appreciated greatly. Looking back 12months when I had just 2 signed players and myself the club on and off the park has came along way. Things like dressing room upgrade ECT it's a fantastic place to be. Small examples like signing 3 young 17 year old boys and getting them senior contracts has been amazing also going forward we will have a brand new grass pitch fully relayed for next season in the top league so ALL positives as we have had 90% of the sqaud signed up for next season for a while now. The club is in a very healthy place and still looking to improve

Cheers jc
Mon the hoose
A pat on the back for yourself as well for a terrific first full season in charge.plenty obstacles have been put in the way that would have disrupted most dressing rooms but the group just got stronger with you in charge

A pat on the back for yourself as well for a terrific first full season in charge.plenty obstacles have been put in the way that would have disrupted most dressing rooms but the group just got stronger with you in charge
Cheers mate it's a TEAM effort not just me

Cheers jc
Mon the hoose

Great read that Jc. I agree it’s a team effort but you have to take great credit in what you have built and achieved here in a very short space of time.
From the shambles that we had at the back end of last season to where we are now is night and day. Your signings have been superb, and team spirit is top notch. That all comes from you.

Can’t wait to face the challenges the Superleague brings us next year.

Mon the hoose [emoji173]️[emoji460]️

14 hours ago, jc1 said:

Cheers jc
Mon the hoose

Excellent, hugely positive and encouraging summary JC and I agree with Fluff's post that you also deserve a lot of credit for getting the playing and backroom staff where they are now, The importance of having good professional motivation and leadership skills cannot be underestimated in the junior game today and it's obvious from the squad vibes that this is there....WELL DONE!!

Like any club at the end of the season I expect there will always be a few changes to strengthen the squad but given your past experience I'm fully confident that you will do that well if required.

I like you,,  am looking forward to the new playing surface being available for the new season and also seeing the youth in the current squad continuing to improve and gain experience and confidence....very pleased with the signs so far.

2 games to go and "runners up" spot within our own hands.....let's finish the season on a collective high...GO THE VERY POSITIVE HOOSE!!

WE DID IT!!!! AUTOMATIC PROMOTION SECURED AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT. I want to thank EVERYONE at the club for their support and effort. 2 games to go and we secured second the players committee fans my backroom team have made this possible thank you all from the bottom of my heart this is the biggest achievement in all my time in football the club is on the up and that's down to everyone pulling the same way [emoji1267][emoji1267][emoji1267][emoji1267][emoji460]️

48 minutes ago, jc1 said:

WE DID IT!!!! AUTOMATIC PROMOTION SECURED AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT. I want to thank EVERYONE at the club for their support and effort. 2 games to go and we secured second the players committee fans my backroom team have made this possible thank you all from the bottom of my heart this is the biggest achievement in all my time in football the club is on the up and that's down to everyone pulling the same way emoji1267.pngemoji1267.pngemoji1267.pngemoji1267.pngemoji460.png

Success! What a superb achievement with such a new team! Congratulations to JC and the rest if the backroom staff and the players! Well done!

Lets finish on a high and win last 2games.

GO THE HOOSE ....RUNNERS UP!!

5 hours ago, jc1 said:

WE DID IT!!!! AUTOMATIC PROMOTION SECURED AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT. I want to thank EVERYONE at the club for their support and effort. 2 games to go and we secured second the players committee fans my backroom team have made this possible thank you all from the bottom of my heart this is the biggest achievement in all my time in football the club is on the up and that's down to everyone pulling the same way emoji1267.pngemoji1267.pngemoji1267.pngemoji1267.pngemoji460.png

:) Well done JC, was at the Glenrothes home game but obviously you were busy between the sticks. I'm hoping to get to the last game against Tayport, will make a point of introducing myself,  I know Tony really well also, I used to coach his kid Bobby. I've really enjoyed the games I've seen at Fauldhouse this season, get the feeling there is something big happening. Hold your head high big chap!

Absolutely gutted to hear the passing of Mr Fauldhouse Tommy Brannan today. Proud to have Tommy sponsor myself this season. Promotion is dedicated to Tommy [emoji174][emoji174]

Tommy was an absolute gentleman, the first time I ever met him wasn’t at the football but was at shawfield when we were running our dog. My thoughts go out to his family and all at Fauldhouse

Everyone involved with Fauldhouse United are saddened to hear of the passing of Tommy Brannan. He was a legend when it came to anything FUFC. The hours he put in tirelessly raising funds and the profile of the club will never be forgotten. He made many friends all over Junior football. He’ll be selling lottery tickets at the Pearly gates soon. Condolences to all his family from all at FUFC.

My own personal opinion is it's a shambles we don't know if we are coming or going for next season. You burst your arse all season to get promoted then can't enjoy it for the uncertainty

4 hours ago, jackjarviscraiglang said:

Everyone involved with Fauldhouse United are saddened to hear of the passing of Tommy Brannan. He was a legend when it came to anything FUFC. The hours he put in tirelessly raising funds and the profile of the club will never be forgotten. He made many friends all over Junior football. He’ll be selling lottery tickets at the Pearly gates soon. Condolences to all his family from all at FUFC.

RIP Tommy ( The General). You will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

Archived