Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delighted to announce that Darren Gribben has signed for Fauldhouse United until the end of the season. Darren will bring a wealth of experience to us in the run in

I’ve told him to bring his gum shield. Your 100% certain to punch him before season finishes

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:14, PJS said:

Went along today, lasted about an hour, bailed early - I was a frozen snotter !!

You dinnae half miss the drama that the Junior Game brings....

Important win today all the same, given the long lay-off the players fitness has been managed well, most looking very sharp.

Just before I left I witnessed an unbelievable save where the SA keeper tipped the ball over the bar from close range. I was in the seating area behind the goals and saw it full view/close range. They’d be talking about that for weeks in the seniors. Very modest friendly GK - good to see.

Would be great to go on another lengthy run of positive results and climb back up the table.

Hope you can make it back up today as Hoose now playing at home. Hopefully weather will be better and you may manage full 90mins.

8 hours ago, fu punter said:

Hope you can make it back up today as Hoose now playing at home. Hopefully weather will be better and you may manage full 90mins.

Managed the full 90mins, first half couldn’t beleive what I was seeing. The team was as dysfunctional as I have seen, all over the place. Players bickering amongst themselves. Thought Thornton were well organised and well up for the battle, Signs of slight improvement in the 2nd half but too little too late. Thornton fully deserved their victory. The Referee was diabolical, way out his depth. Hopefully just a bad day at the office !!

16 hours ago, jc1 said:

I'll take full responsibility for the result today from us. We dust ourselves down and start again next week still in a great position

For me the quality of squad is not in question, in terms of Individual ability there is  strength in depth. When there are regular changes to personnel and team selection, this may be contributing to the lack of fluency and understanding at times within the team. This will all take time to develop. Only my thoughts on the matter. All in good hands JC, Automatic promotion is well within our reach. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived