Brechin City Season 2017/2018

McCann probably likes Spence's attitude (not many people his size would get into a square go with the mighty Ben Richards Everton). McCann seems to be a hothead so probably wants more bampots in the squad. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Perfect spelling, good luck isaac.

Think there is a player in there somewhere if he can sort his attitude out.

I didn't think it was his attitude - albeit his attitude wasn't always great - but rather that he isn't very good at football. Has the natural attributes to offer a threat but no idea how to put them to use. Perhaps Dodds has a masterplan but I'll be surprised if Isaac does much, he is miles out of his depth in the Championship. 

I didn't think it was his attitude - albeit his attitude wasn't always great - but rather that he isn't very good at football. Has the natural attributes to offer a threat but no idea how to put them to use. Perhaps Dodds has a masterplan but I'll be surprised if Isaac does much, he is miles out of his depth in the Championship. 

I have to agree but didnt want to write that, he didnt do an awful lot for us but was given a chance by 3 managers to do so.

6 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Isaac Layne (prop wrong spelling) confirmed as signed.

Welcome.

That's an absolute heads gone signing in my eyes. The guy looked totally and utterly out of his depth when he was at us last season, I can't believe he has managed to win himself a gig at Championship level.

Good luck to him though, I bumped into him a number of times in the gym and he really does seem like one of life's good guys, but jeez oh.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

That's an absolute heads gone signing in my eyes. The guy looked totally and utterly out of his depth when he was at us last season, I can't believe he has managed to win himself a gig at Championship level.

Good luck to him though, I bumped into him a number of times in the gym and he really does seem like one of life's good guys, but jeez oh.

It is a gamble in that we hope his confidence hasn't been completely shattered by his last spell at Alloa.  We obviously managed to get the best out of him in his last spell here and Darren is obviously  confident that with a decent squad of guys round about him he can find that form again.  One thing is for sure , he won't be fucked about and will be given every opportunity. 

Wow, a lot of negativity about Isaac from fans of other clubs. Must say I thought he looked excellent for us in his short spell on loan, 4 goals in 8 games and if I mind right 3 of them were crackers.

He'll have agreed terms before we won promotion but here we are. The jury is out whether he's good enough to play at Championship level but the same can be said about most of our players.

Isaac will be an upgrade on Caldwell anyway, that's for sure.

53 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How are you guys feeling about the new season? Optimistic, excited, wary?

All of the above.

We have a number of young guys who stepped up and performed well in the playoffs and sporadically before. It will all depend on whether or not they can at least maintain what we did in the playoffs or step up again. I am sure we will have a mix of excellent results and horrendous ones.

Overall I am realistically excited.

I am sure we will have a mix of excellent results and horrendous ones.

This is a good key point. Important that when the latter almost inevitably happens that we don't all hit the panic / doom and gloom button.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

This is a good key point. Important that when the latter almost inevitably happens that we don't all hit the panic / doom and gloom button.

I'd go along with that. We've done well in this league in the last 5 years but not without our fair share of absolute doings. It's inevitable, so just try and forget about the bad results and enjoy the good ones. It's great fun this division and given the majority of your fans are quite realistic I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

Excited to see the new season begin and get to some different scenery! Going in with my eyes open in relation to potential doings, but as long as the team are playing good football and not embarrassing themselves I'm happy, even if that means coming down!

Thing is even good teams get tanking s mind New Year game v Farfar ????..If some of us remember season 90/91 in old first division ...We won league 2 leaving big spendin Killie behind us ...We went up struggled for a start then John Ritchie changed his tatics every week we had a go 3 3 v Partick ,beat Dundee at Dens twice , evry game had goals but we were havin a right go at teams and no one complained.. We got relegated but damage was done first couple mths.As longs we don t go down with a whimper.. 

See Sean Dillon mentioned today a player of his expieriance would be idol..

5 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

I am sure we will have a mix of excellent results and horrendous ones.

We didn't beat any of the top three teams last year yet Ayr turned over Hibs at Easter Road. Can't get too down about the odd humping, Glebe Park will be new to many of the players in the league and you can go to some away games with no pressure (eg Tannadice), sit in to frustrate and maybe sneak the odd result. Also, losing to Brechin is likely to be the end of someone'e managerial career at some point in the season so you're bound to witness some tremendous meltdowns. 

Archived