Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Right Kenny fans have backed you all season now give Darren some funds to but a striker he deserves it

Sorry can't agree with this spend nothing & lets just get to the end of the season and regroup.  The committee then take what action they feel is required !! spend  money wisely for whats best for the future stability / improvement of the club. 

Sign a striker now and have him ready to hit the ground running next year ?? If we can keep this squad with a few tweaks and strengthen up front we can make a serious push for promotion again .( of course we re nay doon yet [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

Sign a striker now and have him ready to hit the ground running next year ?? If we can keep this squad with a few tweaks and strengthen up front we can make a serious push for promotion again .( of course we re nay doon yet emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png)

You keep on going on about sign a striker give us some names that are available in our price range that could do a job in this league 

As for the rest are you still pishedemoji23.png 

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye they ve scored 4 and we ve scored 5 emoji3.png. I'm a bit bemused as to how many folk don t think we need strikers.
Maybe Craig Leveins experiment in Prague s caught on emoji47.png

No doubt another striker would strengthen us but we need a lot more quality all over, to win games at this level the only players I’ve seen with enough quality to win are 

buzz?? Can be great and poor in the same half

lyans been ok good defender a bit rash, no great quality on the ball

McLean been ok but lost to many goals he has quality on the ball tho

Fusco been our best defender no real quality on the ball

spark works hard again no real quality on the ball

sinclare showed he can compete at this level has quality on ball can’t last a game

tappin ? Not seen enough yet 

orsi  I think has done ok need to add goals has quality on the ball

Jackson we know how good he is we just need him fit and firing QUALITY

McClellan again I think he’s done ok needs goals has quality 

Smith struggled after injury hopfully he can get some confident back he’s not a midfielder 50-50

dyer not had a great year but has a quality left peg

chrighton not been great been worse than Fusco and McLean but better than both smiths has no quality on the ball

graham falls out of games to much and far to lightweight ok on the ball quality I’m not sure compare him to Byers or Daz or chucky he’s miles behind

watt he needs a run of games he’s not hit his form yet but a quality player

O’Neil not seen

dale works hard but no real quality at this level

layne???? Probably one of the most disapointing  signings , really has struggled has quality but hardly seen it

what I’m saying is it’s a team game and we have a bunch of honest players a few could take this step up but as a team we lack the quality on the ball to really hurt teams there’s no point in breaking the bank for a striker if we aren’t really creating chances we really need to add quality footballers all over we only have one guy in our team who can win us a game on his own and that’s Jackson maybe Sinclair also 

st mirren have Morgan, Reilly , smith, mcginn , Mullen 

dunfermline, cardle ,Clark,shields, higginbottom, Mcmanus, 

livi, Miller pitman Byrne divita cadden Robinson 

dundee unt, Mullen , McDonald , Stanton , king

qos dobbie lyle 

falkirk have added but have sibbald 

inverness Baird bell Oakley vigars polworth

dumbarton Nade Walsh froxili handling Stewart 

morton oliver tidser harkins quitongo

Il enjoy this year as it’s a one off,

if the team we have now was to be in league one this year we wouldn’t finish in the top 4 that’s for sure changes needed in the summer I feel we are a lot weaker than last year 

No doubt another striker would strengthen us but we need a lot more quality all over, to win games at this level the only players I’ve seen with enough quality to win are 
buzz?? Can be great and poor in the same half
lyans been ok good defender a bit rash, no great quality on the ball
McLean been ok but lost to many goals he has quality on the ball tho
Fusco been our best defender no real quality on the ball
spark works hard again no real quality on the ball
sinclare showed he can compete at this level has quality on ball can’t last a game
tappin ? Not seen enough yet 
orsi  I think has done ok need to add goals has quality on the ball
Jackson we know how good he is we just need him fit and firing QUALITY
McClellan again I think he’s done ok needs goals has quality 
Smith struggled after injury hopfully he can get some confident back he’s not a midfielder 50-50
dyer not had a great year but has a quality left peg
chrighton not been great been worse than Fusco and McLean but better than both smiths has no quality on the ball
graham falls out of games to much and far to lightweight ok on the ball quality I’m not sure compare him to Byers or Daz or chucky he’s miles behind
watt he needs a run of games he’s not hit his form yet but a quality player
O’Neil not seen
dale works hard but no real quality at this level
 layne???? Probably one of the most disapointing  signings , really has struggled has quality but hardly seen it
what I’m saying is it’s a team game and we have a bunch of honest players a few could take this step up but as a team we lack the quality on the ball to really hurt teams there’s no point in breaking the bank for a striker if we aren’t really creating chances we really need to add quality footballers all over we only have one guy in our team who can win us a game on his own and that’s Jackson maybe Sinclair also 
st mirren have Morgan, Reilly , smith, mcginn , Mullen 
dunfermline, cardle ,Clark,shields, higginbottom, Mcmanus, 
livi, Miller pitman Byrne divita cadden Robinson 
dundee unt, Mullen , McDonald , Stanton , king
qos dobbie lyle 
falkirk have added but have sibbald 
inverness Baird bell Oakley vigars polworth
dumbarton Nade Walsh froxili handling Stewart 
morton oliver tidser harkins quitongo
Il enjoy this year as it’s a one off,
if the team we have now was to be in league one this year we wouldn’t finish in the top 4 that’s for sure changes needed in the summer I feel we are a lot weaker than last year 

All about opinions mate but the better player round about an individual( if he’s got it)brings out the best in them. U don’t rate The boy Graham but he had a hand in three of the best chances on Sat. A lot of the team are young and learning the game. I can agree with a few of your opinions. Being Consistent is the key unfortunately we don’t have that

I like finn I could never question his effort I’m just not sure what he brings 

he doesn’t score a lot of goals

he doesn’t tackle

he can’t win headers

when he plays wide he doesn’t get a lot of crosses in

he doesn’t have a lot of assists 

he never dictates a game

he can have the odd moment in games  he works hard he has good feet and decent pace but for me he’s not a championship player he’s a solid league 1 player , just now anyway , he’s young enough to improve tho

I like finn I could never question his effort I’m just not sure what he brings 
he doesn’t score a lot of goals
he doesn’t tackle
he can’t win headers
when he plays wide he doesn’t get a lot of crosses in
he doesn’t have a lot of assists 
he never dictates a game
he can have the odd moment in games  he works hard he has good feet and decent pace but for me he’s not a championship player he’s a solid league 1 player , just now anyway , he’s young enough to improve tho

Well in that case we don’t have many if any championship players

Archived