Brechin City Season 2017/2018

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What's the problem behind the scenes? If it's current form, that'd harsh. Anything 9th upward would in most people's eyes be a great season.

It's the usual story , the nutters with a chip on their shoulder about being criticized ................for being nutters basically.   The bulk of the support are realists and enjoying the ride !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly 100 matches in charge on you guys for Darren Dods. What's your thoughts on how he's got on so far? Is he being judged this season or is this almost a free season for you guys and if you stay up, its a bonus? 

I've been speaking to Darren recently, and we discussed his time at Glebe Park so far and the hopes for the future. You can find the audio here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/09/28/darren-dods-brechinchampionship/

His tactics can be negative and his cup records woeful . He came to us with 1 hand tied behind his back kept us up ,then last year with an injury ravaged squad and some defensive displays saw us reach out usual seasons aim off play offs .
Then after riding our luck 1st half at home v Raith we started to attack and from then on in I feel we deserved to win play offs .
Money s tight but hed worked wonders and has installed a great team spirit.
This season s an added bonus . And he won t be sacked or better not be .
He deserves that from the committee who I feel should maybe come January take a wee gamble and give him some loot.
All in all I m happy with him he's a nice guy and always gives you a minute ..
PS . Sort that cup nonsense out [emoji34].

I hope our defence wakes up a bit at corners & crosses but overall thought we did OK last week and you cannot fault the effort we just lack a bit all over the pitch. I agree with the tact that the committee have taken not throwing money to get players in it make more sense to sort out the finances. City to snatch a SHOCK draw today?:thumsup2

Players are doing fine . 2 cleared off line on Saturday, Isaacs last minute sitter miss against Falkirk and Connor Macs one off the line v Dumbarton could all have got us 5 or 6 more points ... But we have to start burying these chances and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. We re defending well enough although St Mirren s winner on Saturday was similar to Pars 3rd last week .Players will get a rest this week and I'm quietly confident we can sneak a win v Morton

Archived