Brechin City Season 2017/2018

4 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

In my head I thought he was a midfielder. Agree re 'do we need another right back' One note is that Steve Campbell worked with him for several years and would know what he can offer, maybe we are all missing something. Like all our signings he will be judged on his performances.

Whilst Dillon might be a good signing, where would he play? Would he make up a back three? If we go for a back three that means we will likely have a back five...... 

Still looking forward to the games ahead. :blink:

I remember folk saying the same about Barry Smith .  He was played in front of a back 3 as a sweeper / playmaker.  Steve Campbell mentioned that they were looking for someone capable of holding the ball and playing it to our ball players instead of the big hit and hope .   Dillon fits the bill there. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CITY1974 said:

I shan t rise to the bait ... Will Arbroath be joining us nxt year in The Championship ? 

Just banter, we are jealous of your benefactor. As for Arbroath FC, consolidation in League 1 is the main aim, but who knows we could do a "Brechin City". All being equal, see you in League 1 2018-2019 season. Good luck in the coming season BTW. 

30 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Struggling to remember this guy let alone him scoring the goal that kept us up.

He goes out with/used to go out with a girl I went to school with. That popping up on Facebook was pretty much the first time I'd heard his name since he joined Queen of the South.

It was Jamie Robson that scored the winner against Stranraer that kept us safe from automatic relegation. Coogans did however score a crucial late winner against Albion Rovers a few games earlier.

2 hours ago, 'Steve said:

It was Jamie Robson that scored the winner against Stranraer that kept us safe from automatic relegation. Coogans did however score a crucial late winner against Albion Rovers a few games earlier.

Was he one of the really young lads we had to make up the numbers during one of our injury crises ? 

On 2017-6-18 at 21:18, Overthehedge1 said:

Ewan spark?????? Says on Wikipedia he played 16 games, and is a right back?

we have 3-4 right backs, crazy signing, 

last season was great , not looking forward to next year at all. Surly we can attract some decent names? We're a championship team now, 

He was considered a left back when at United, although I think he only played one game for us (in which he got injured and was never seen again). He was quite highly regarded, I recall. Big lad for a full back.

thought Spence would have been sensible to move to Brechin and get the game time to develop like Graham. However wages are key in such a short career. Looking forward to going back to see the hedge, been countless time and always a good laugh up there.

thought Spence would have been sensible to move to Brechin and get the game time to develop like Graham. However wages are key in such a short career. Looking forward to going back to see the hedge, been countless time and always a good laugh up there.

It's an interesting move to say the least. Think McCann sees him as one for the future and I'd be surprised if he was in or around the match day squad straight away at Dundee so perhaps there's a chance we might get him on loan.

Good luck to the lad though, it's an opportunity he couldn't turn down especially when it looked likely he'd have to go back to part time to prove himself again.

8 hours ago, 'Steve said:

It's an interesting move to say the least. Think McCann sees him as one for the future and I'd be surprised if he was in or around the match day squad straight away at Dundee so perhaps there's a chance we might get him on loan.

Good luck to the lad though, it's an opportunity he couldn't turn down especially when it looked likely he'd have to go back to part time to prove himself again.

Maybe we will get him on loan from Dundee cannot see him getting right into their first team right away, but as you say good luck to him 

Archived