Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

His last 4 or 5 games he looked fitter and was back to his best it was nt his fault the inevitable hammering s started. He saved us a helliva lot . Excellent eccentric goalie

Had he been at his best for the other 25 or so games he played we might actually have won a game.:whistle  The defence obviously had no confidence in him as communications were non existent at times.  Not once did I hear any opposition fans give him stick for not shutting up as happened in previous years.  The amount of stupid goals given away at corners was frustrating .  Mostly down to him not commanding and controlling his box. 

Yup no surprises in the list of guys that have left, I wouldn’t have kept any of them on other than Fusco and possibly Dale for league 1 but both of them were outwith our control. I would have probably let a couple others go as well.

Buzz? Been a top keeper for us and a decent servant. Regardless of a few better performances of late he’s had an absolutely horrific season. I think it’s time for him to move on. Priority is a replacement number 1, Paddy improving but not good enough.

If Watt can get fit again he could be a good signing for someone but all season he was well off the pace and overweight.

Isaac...blew hot and cold, mostly cold. We’re right to get rid.

Crighton...what a disappointment, glad we’re rid. If McGeever can return to his previous form for QP we’ll have twice the player.

Happy that Tapps has signed a new deal, potential to be a standout in league 1 now that he’s had a full season injury free.

Im assuming the rest have been offered terms...Pabs, Finn, Sinclair and Storie would be great. The rest I wouldn’t lose sleep over but would be happy enough for them to sign.

24 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Think we will struggle to attract decent players,what player would want to come to a club that never won a league game all season with a manager that is clueless on tactics and man management.

Nah you're being harsh. It's a clean slate for next season. Think you'll be ok

Nah you're being harsh. It's a clean slate for next season. Think you'll be ok

Hope so,we have some decent lads who at this moment need encouragement and a bit of luck. I really hope we can attract some good players to fill the voids.

Darren Dods at Cowden yesterday. Just taking in a game or interested in someone like Meggison? He's clearly league one material at worst.

Ye but based in Aberdeen we train at Falkirk so that would be stumbling block . Decent wee player though he was at us 6 or 7 years ago on loan

Darren Dods at Cowden yesterday. Just taking in a game or interested in someone like Meggison? He's clearly league one material at worst.

Already played in the leagues and never really done anything of note

What went wrong this season?for yous we have seen hudderfield and Brighton stay up in England and even Burton making a good go at it surely at Christmas or Easter they have cut the prices for tickets 

What went wrong this season?for yous we have seen hudderfield and Brighton stay up in England and even Burton making a good go at it surely at Christmas or Easter they have cut the prices for tickets 

Just far far too negative .Manager had no desire to attack.

On 13/05/2018 at 14:49, 1320Lichtie said:

Already played in the leagues and never really done anything of note

Not particularly true. I'm sure he finished our top scorer the year we finished 5th in the Championship. He had a smashing season that year in any case and earned himself a move to Raith. Went a bit tits up for him from there but there's certainly a player there and he's one I wouldn't mind having back at the Rock.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not particularly true. I'm sure he finished our top scorer the year we finished 5th in the Championship. He had a smashing season that year in any case and earned himself a move to Raith. Went a bit tits up for him from there but there's certainly a player there and he's one I wouldn't mind having back at the Rock.

He was indeed top scorer that season but he was also with us the following season and (like everyone else really) didn't set the heather on fire. I know Cove is local for him but I can't understand why an equally local L1 or L2 side don't take a chance on him.

Bit concerning we only have 3 players signed so far. The players offered deals seem to be taking a lot of time to consider or could it be they don't want to play under Dods? No sign of us even interested in bringing players in. Could it be the negitive tactics putting players off or maybe just other clubs are doing their business early and I'm just worrying too much ??

Archived