Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RedintheBed said:

Isn't it amazing how many fans of other clubs are so quick to give their opinions on a City matter. Get a life!

Are you struggling with the concept of this forum?

On 01/05/2018 at 21:12, CITY1974 said:

I heard today Crighton s left because his wife / partner got abuse from some City fans at an away game ..

He got released cause he’s shit, Garath Rodgers had less clangers than him, no where near good enough for the championship, massive down grade

Cowdenbeath. ...................  Well not any more !!  :rolleyes:

Be careful what you wish for !!! Our managers got a bit of money to spend and if it backfires [emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji32]

No he didn't he asked to leave .

Why would he need to ask? He was out of contract at the end of the season and would have been able to speak to other clubs from January anyway.

I would assume there wasn’t a contract on the table at Brechin.

As for the “abuse” his family got from City fans, I’ve certainly not heard or witnessed anything. Most likely story is they were probably defending Crighton for being shite which resulted in some bickering.

Why would he need to ask? He was out of contract at the end of the season and would have been able to speak to other clubs from January anyway.

I would assume there wasn’t a contract on the table at Brechin.

As for the “abuse” his family got from City fans, I’ve certainly not heard or witnessed anything. Most likely story is they were probably defending Crighton for being shite which resulted in some bickering.

You would ask to leave out of common courtesy . Ye cuz the guy in the red cap s very well mannered .

If family members can't handle hearing their husband/boyfriend/son take some stick then they shouldn't be attending games IMO.

I can't imagine someone picked out a family member and directly abused them. I'm guessing it's a case of fan shouts pelters at player for shite performance > family member gets offended and vocally defends player and gives stick to said fan > fan gives a bit of stick back to family member.

If family members can't handle hearing their husband/boyfriend/son take some stick then they shouldn't be attending games IMO.

I can't imagine someone picked out a family member and directly abused them. I'm guessing it's a case of fan shouts pelters at player for shite performance > family member gets offended and vocally defends player and gives stick to said fan > fan gives a bit of stick back to family member.

This.

Seen it happen a few times at Broomfield, equally hilarious everytime.

On 6-5-2018 at 19:26, RedintheBed said:

The club are asking us to vote on whether to keep the squad numbered and named shirts for next season or revert to the traditional 1-11. I feel that going back to the old way suggests a lack of ambition and we're happy to be back with the lower league guys. We should be giving the message that we're an ambitious club and willing to move forward with the more modern method. Come on City fans - show we're no longer a wee village team. Squad numbers please!
PS. cost difference is minimal!

Might just be me, but there is something nostalgic about 1-11 lining up at the start. FFS the right back of Eredivisie team NAC Breda played with #69  this year.

Is City getting a new design of shirt next season btw? I'm looking to add your kit to my wee collection, if there's a new set coming the old ones might be cheapo.

Might just be me, but there is something nostalgic about 1-11 lining up at the start. FFS the right back of Eredivisie team NAC Breda played with #69  this year.
Is City getting a new design of shirt next season btw? I'm looking to add your kit to my wee collection, if there's a new set coming the old ones might be cheapo.

We are getting a new home kit. The away one is staying the same

3 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

We are getting a new home kit. The away one is staying the same

Cheers! Here's to the club sticking to the black detailing and shorts, made for a really good look the last two years IMO.

It'd be cool to get a matchworn top for my site, anyone specific at City I should write to?

Archived