Brechin City Season 2017/2018

do you regret winning promotion?

Nah! Mate always an adventure, we were always punching but having played all the “top” teams I feel with a bit better organising we could have had a few points more. Realising who our better players were and not the ones that lick your arse we could have held our heads high and been relegated.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’s time for Dods to go. When we said it was a “free season” I don’t think any of us would have imagined potentially going the whole season without a win. Regardless of the fact we’re part time, it’s absolutely pathetic. The other part time team in the league have beaten us 3 times and likely to make it 4 on Saturday.

We earned some plaudits earlier in the season for our battling displays (and some attacking!) but since then the standard has been absolutely dreadful. Set up far too defensively (yet still can’t defend), complete lack of creativity going forward (again looks to be a coaching issue), bizarre team selections, players getting games every week despite being shite all season, our better players being on the bench (Finn in particular), no plan B, no encouragement from the sidelines. I could go on all day.

Not to mention an absolutely shambolic record in the cups. We drew against Forfar, got bodied by an average league 2 side in Stirling Albion and also highland league Buckie Thistle. We then just scraped past them in the Scottish Cup.

I don’t have any faith in Dods anymore whether it’s Championship or League 1.

We are raw at this moment. If we were to take all our opinions through the season we’ve all had relevant point yes they are heart felt and ruffle us up but we watch week in week out and from an unprofessional point of view see it as it is. I’m bemused a professional set of coaches can’t.

Last night against the second bottom team who had not scored a goal this year should have been the one game that we went out and really attacked from the start.  

That we didn't even muster a real shot at goal  is the most disappointing point of the season for me.  

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

Should have added that, as a general observation when we have had defenders as managers the fair has not been great but when we had midfielders (O'Neil / McKinnon) then it has been decent. 

McKinnon - what you doing?

Dick Campbell ( industrial centre back)  did a fair job.  John Ritchie  ( big mad goalie )   did no bad as well    ...........................  while Pink ( flamboyant forward )  on the other hand  was a disaster.   

That kind of sways your logic a little !!  ;)

Just because a guy has played at the highest (in Scotland) doesn’t mean he’s gonna be a good coach. I feel Dods n Bailey are an old pals act. Which has done us an injustice. Over the season it’s proved they are totally out of their depth. And probably not good enough for the 1st div.

Dick Campbell ( industrial centre back)  did a fair job.  John Ritchie  ( big mad goalie )   did no bad as well    ...........................  while Pink ( flamboyant forward )  on the other hand  was a disaster.   
That kind of sways your logic a little !!  [emoji6]

Pink had a better record in his crack at championship and I guess on paper was sacked for less ( I know there were other reasons [emoji34])
I ve heard from guys at club that it's Lee Bailley who calls the shots and has his favourites Pabs unfortunately is nt one of them .
Lose on Saturday and I think it's time for committee to have a look at where Dodsy s taking us .
9miles along the road there's a team potentially away to win they re league whilst 15 miles the other way Arbroath s away to secure a play off place so there's plenty of excitement brewing locally to tempt folk away for last half dozen games ( not that I'm interested in that but folk do )
I m not wanting Dodsy sacked maybe just a firm hoof up the arse .And let's go down in style and keep fed up fans interested.

Dods has no tactical clue when it comes to setting up or changing during a game, seen it to often this season. Thrown away points with the negative set ups or leaving it too late to change it up. 

Few good signings in Jan, weather on loan or short term, have changed the team. A little too late for us if anything else, bit of a rebuild for next season. 

This season might be a let for the team but it's shown that Dods isn't a manager.

Get Dods out and Ray back. Ray had a good stint at Brechin before goin to Raith, faired well there aswell. Still have alot to give a club. 

Perhaps strong to say it's for the sake of his future, but his team needs to score against Dumbarton in the next game, otherwise 1 goal in four games against the side that was always going to be the closest team to us in this league (sorry Sons) is appalling.

23 hours ago, slangs said:

All those 1-0 defeats says he is doing something wrong. As for St Mirren we were pure shite probably the worst individual performances I’ve seen that’s why I mentioned it.your totally deluded if you think we’re doing ok getting beat 1-0. The score is close but we’re really miles off. the players and the coaches are leaving a lot to be desired.

You guys weren't great, but made things tough. We could easily have drawn that game bar for the post, really struggled to break you down. Yeah you didn't play well first half, but I thought 2nd half you were decent enough.  

You guys weren't great, but made things tough. We could easily have drawn that game bar for the post, really struggled to break you down. Yeah you didn't play well first half, but I thought 2nd half you were decent enough.  

Honestly mate if you have been watching all season like I have there is nothing decent about it

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:37, theoriginalhedge said:

That kind of sways your logic a little !!  ;)

Sure Dick Campbell was a midfielder and whilst we had success with John - it was hardly dynamic. Pink fund himself in the championship with a league 1 team - similar to Dods. My point was that non defender managers have had us playing a better brand of football. That said McKinnon did had a habit of going abit defensive on occasions instead of trusting his players.

Oh feck it I am just arguing meself in a circle.

Sure Dick Campbell was a midfielder and whilst we had success with John - it was hardly dynamic. Pink fund himself in the championship with a league 1 team - similar to Dods. My point was that non defender managers have had us playing a better brand of football. That said McKinnon did had a habit of going abit defensive on occasions instead of trusting his players.

Oh feck it I am just arguing meself in a circle.

Your right I mind Ray hit the ground running we were going great guns drew St Mirren away in Scots Cup and defended in numbers I was gutted .
John Ritchie played 3 up top Lees , Ritchie n Pryde we were a good side 2 ald heads in Brash n Brown centre halves we Conway and Baillie full backs .
Dods is a better manager than Pink but Pink amassased more points

Great to reminisce lads thanks. Not helping with the scary season we’re having. I’m still sure putting the right guys on the park and an forward minded coach it could have been so much better. The amount of 1-0 prove that. That unfortunately is not where we are. There is a big decision for the board to be made. It’s to be a shite day for football tomorrow so we might be in for a shout[emoji6]

On 14/03/2018 at 20:15, gm_1982 said:

I think it’s time for Dods to go. When we said it was a “free season” I don’t think any of us would have imagined potentially going the whole season without a win. Regardless of the fact we’re part time, it’s absolutely pathetic. The other part time team in the league have beaten us 3 times and likely to make it 4 on Saturday.

We earned some plaudits earlier in the season for our battling displays (and some attacking!) but since then the standard has been absolutely dreadful. Set up far too defensively (yet still can’t defend), complete lack of creativity going forward (again looks to be a coaching issue), bizarre team selections, players getting games every week despite being shite all season, our better players being on the bench (Finn in particular), no plan B, no encouragement from the sidelines. I could go on all day.

Not to mention an absolutely shambolic record in the cups. We drew against Forfar, got bodied by an average league 2 side in Stirling Albion and also highland league Buckie Thistle. We then just scraped past them in the Scottish Cup.

I don’t have any faith in Dods anymore whether it’s Championship or League 1.

Nobody else or any other job do you get a free season so why at Brechin City.The board haven't a clue.

Isn't it ironic that everybody wants Dodds out now.

Been backed to the hilt by most all season.there comes a time after the season we’ve had that we all come to a conclusion. The problem most of us have now is will he cut it in the 1st and do we give him the chance?

Isn't it ironic that everybody wants Dodds out now.

Yes but he had to be given a chance he deserved it . I don t think a lot want him to loose his job but just be a lot more attacking and adventurous.
He's got a decent squad there with good attacking players he should unleash them and give defenders a rest

Archived