Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm having a nightmare here.

Should you lose to Dumbarton a draw with us would be enough to relegate you

If we win on Saturday, there's a 23 point gap so Brechin couldn't be officially relegated on Tuesday as they'll still have 8 games to play.

57 minutes ago, microdave said:

If we win on Saturday, there's a 23 point gap so Brechin couldn't be officially relegated on Tuesday as they'll still have 8 games to play.

Ah shit, right you are. I hadn't noticed on their fixture list that they've yet to rearrange their game against Dundee United, thus I was thinking they'd only have 7.

@Hedgecutter, rejoice!

Practically the same starting 11 that played so bad against St Mirren what the f**k is that about.

Your obsessed with St Mirren game where the team that's top of the league scraped passed us with a deflected own goal !!!! Last night's team was basically down to injuries and suspension s I guess but I do think Isaac should be starting .
On another note are we all still happy we Dodsy ? I for one want him too succeed but it ll soon be a calendar year without a league win .
I genuinely want him to do well but I'm thinking with squad of players he's got ( unlucky with injuries ) we should be doing more than running every team close.
Grant Hood says in his match report it was our 13th defeat by 1 goal then a few lines later says Shot Shy City !!!
There's your answer Grant that's why the defeats are happening .Too blooming negative.
It's interesting our 4 best result s have came against top of table teams .
Are players up for games v the bottom 4/ 5 teams ..
Just a few points nothing sinister

15 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

There's your answer Grant that's why the defeats are happening .Too blooming negative.
It's interesting our 4 best result s have came against top of table teams .
Are players up for games v the bottom 4/ 5 teams ..

You guys are negative in style, and you sit in and try to nick goals from set plays etc, it's fair enough if your manager views it as your best chance of a result. Against us at home both times this season you've been defensive and probably one of the most difficult teams in the league to break down and in both cases could have taken something.

I wonder if you are slightly more attacking via the lower placed teams which sees you more picked off than against the top 4 teams?

All those 1-0 defeats says he is doing something wrong. As for St Mirren we were pure shite probably the worst individual performances I’ve seen that’s why I mentioned it.your totally deluded if you think we’re doing ok getting beat 1-0. The score is close but we’re really miles off. the players and the coaches are leaving a lot to be desired.

What is getting me just now is that he stated after the St Mirren game that there is nothing to lose and we were just going to go for it for the rest of the season .  This cheered me a wee bit.   ....................First game after that statement and what do we see ?  A natural winger playing right back , our most creative midfielder on the bench again , an out of form striker Orsi given the nod again ahead of Isaac and Storie again unused.   The resulting performance  was seemingly our worst of the season attack wise with no shots at goal the whole night.  Long balls the order of the day. 

I have backed Dods the whole season but his persistent negativity is now becoming a major issue.  If this is what he means by having a go then sorry his time is up.  He also keeps stating that they are working hard for each other at training and listening to all they are told .  I just hope to f**k they are not being told just  to punt the ball to Mackin and hope for the best  as was the case last night .  

Basically the fans deserve better .  So  Please Darren , for one game at least just put all the creative players on the park and release their shackles  just to give us some glimmer of hope for next season.  ................................If not then move aside and make way for someone who will. 

All those 1-0 defeats says he is doing something wrong. As for St Mirren we were pure shite probably the worst individual performances I’ve seen that’s why I mentioned it.your totally deluded if you think we’re doing ok getting beat 1-0. The score is close but we’re really miles off. the players and the coaches are leaving a lot to be desired.

I ve not said we re doing well getting beat 1 0 . These defeats by 1 goal with a little more attacking could or even should be draws . The only point we ve stole this year's been against Morton they ripped us 1 1 .
Hedgie s right the fans have backed the team well all season so let's have something back in terms of attacking footy . I honestly think our players are of a decent standard .
Maybe sounds a crazy thing to say but if we trained full time (i know thats not near possible )with that squad of players we d be a decent team .

What is getting me just now is that he stated after the St Mirren game that there is nothing to lose and we were just going to go for it for the rest of the season .  This cheered me a wee bit.   ....................First game after that statement and what do we see ?  A natural winger playing right back , our most creative midfielder on the bench again , an out of form striker Orsi given the nod again ahead of Isaac and Storie again unused.   The resulting performance  was seemingly our worst of the season attack wise with no shots at goal the whole night.  Long balls the order of the day. 
I have backed Dods the whole season but his persistent negativity is now becoming a major issue.  If this is what he means by having a go then sorry his time is up.  He also keeps stating that they are working hard for each other at training and listening to all they are told .  I just hope to f**k they are not being told just  to punt the ball to Mackin and hope for the best  as was the case last night .  
Basically the fans deserve better .  So  Please Darren , for one game at least just put all the creative players on the park and release their shackles  just to give us some glimmer of hope for next season.  ................................If not then move aside and make way for someone who will. 
Have to agree with what your saying. Totally confused why fin is left sitting on the bench been one of our best players this season and issac put in a great performance against Celtic and not played much since. Thought storie did well when he came on against st mirren and dosnt even get on last night. We pay our money to watch the team but have had no reward for it. If we don't win a game by the end of the season I think its time for a change

I agree with everyone - fed up with defending, we are heading for setting an unwanted record of no wins in a season.

Everyone is now flat and fed up.

I think Dods is a decent guy and we knew this season was going to be tough but I think it is time to go. If we were loosing by giving it a go then we might have a different view but since the first game at Tannadice I have not seen us attempt to attack.

He still has a year on his contract so it would cost us to get rid of him but someone in till end of season and give the squad a once over before we tackle next year.

I am so fed up I never even noticed we were playing last night until near K.O time.

Sad.

4 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

I agree with everyone - fed up with defending, we are heading for setting an unwanted record of no wins in a season.

Everyone is now flat and fed up.

I think Dods is a decent guy and we knew this season was going to be tough but I think it is time to go. If we were loosing by giving it a go then we might have a different view but since the first game at Tannadice I have not seen us attempt to attack.

He still has a year on his contract so it would cost us to get rid of him but someone in till end of season and give the squad a once over before we tackle next year.

I am so fed up I never even noticed we were playing last night until near K.O time.

Sad.

do you regret winning promotion?

3 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

do you regret winning promotion?

Not if we are financially okay for the next few years. 

However on a footballing front it has been pretty depressing. 

Last year is the first time a team from 4th got promoted, it is the first a team that lost more then it won got promoted and the first time a team with a negative goal difference got promoted. Of course all that was forgotten when we got promoted but other than the four playoff games our form up to that point had hardly been electrifying. Those games were immense but the previous campaign, in all honesty really showed what was likely to happen.

Even those of us who have backed the team to the hilt are now fed up and just want it to end or for Dods to go. 

Should have added that, as a general observation when we have had defenders as managers the fair has not been great but when we had midfielders (O'Neil / McKinnon) then it has been decent. 

McKinnon - what you doing?

Archived