Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be a pain, but for my honours project I'm developing a system where lower league clubs in Scotland can purchase tickets online for games instead of paying at the gate. 

I've done a survey which would be a massive help if you could fill out, it won't take long to do.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KT7DH55

There's a description of how it would work in the survey, but it would essentially work by paying online, getting an eticket emailed which would have a QR code.

Thanks for filling it out if you do :)

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Sorry to be a pain, but for my honours project I'm developing a system where lower league clubs in Scotland can purchase tickets online for games instead of paying at the gate. 

I've done a survey which would be a massive help if you could fill out, it won't take long to do.

There's a description of how it would work in the survey, but it would essentially work by paying online, getting an eticket emailed which would have a QR code.

Thanks for filling it out if you do :)

A wee scam going there ?  At lower league level you just turn up at the gate with your cash .  Hardly any tickets involved.   That is much easier I think ! 

15 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

A wee scam going there ?  At lower league level you just turn up at the gate with your cash .  Hardly any tickets involved.   That is much easier I think ! 

Just an idea for my Uni project. Personally, I'd rather pay online by card than have to cut about looking for a cash machines at away games which was the idea behind it. 

Fully get why people wouldn't though, the survey is just to get an idea about what fans of lower league clubs think about it :)

Just an idea for my Uni project. Personally, I'd rather pay online by card than have to cut about looking for a cash machines at away games which was the idea behind it. 
Fully get why people wouldn't though, the survey is just to get an idea about what fans of lower league clubs think about it [emoji4]

Not many swipe machines at our level

Thanks for filling it out if you do [emoji4]

Pointless in fixtures that aren't anywhere close to capacity (so no need to commit in advance to confirm a place) and where grounds are mainly terraced (you can't book a seat on a free-for-all terrace), which is one of the main points of an advance ticket imo. The only people this would perhaps benefit are those that actually need a seat, but these are widely available 99% of the time.

Given the higher risk of postponement at lower levels, why on earth would you choose to needlessly risk committing money for a potential midweek replay you may not be able to attend? Also, I myself have to unexpectedly work this weekend and so am pretty glad I never bought an E-ticket.

Also, for Brechin vs Dundee Utd today, which will (hopefully) be one of the largest crowds we'll have in years, three or four staff on maybe three cash gates is rather sufficient. I can understand why Dunfermline etc would rather make you buy a ticket from two people in an office rather than put staff on numerous gates around the grounds, but for teams like Brechin this really isn't a problem.

Moral of the story: pointless, needless and risky faff.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Given the higher risk of postponement at lower levels, why on earth would you choose to needlessly risk committing money for a potential midweek replay you may not be able to attend? Also, I myself have to unexpectedly work this weekend and so am pretty glad I never bought an E-ticket.

... so just as well I was working today given the late postponement.

What would actually have happened with my E-ticket today btw?  No refund and a bit of paper that entitles me to a match at an unknown date, all because handing over two notes seemed like more hassle than going through a website, punching all my payment details in and printing it out?

By my reckoning, should you lose at the weekend we can pretty much relegate you on Tuesday night with a win (technically though it won't be official as if you win every single other game after and Dumbarton pick up 0 points and you overhaul the goal difference you can still finish 9th).

By my reckoning, should you lose at the weekend we can pretty much relegate you on Tuesday night with a win (technically though it won't be official as if you win every single other game after and Dumbarton pick up 0 points and you overhaul the goal difference you can still finish 9th).

Ah, relegated on my birthday, by the Pars.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Sorry, I'm talking shit.

We WOULD relegate you should you lose to Dumbarton and as, as you'd be 24 points behind but with only 21 points left available after our game

Us winning two games in a row :lol:

Don't worry Hedgecutter, your birthday won't be ruined. Well, not by Dunfermline Athletic anyway.

Archived