Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get rid of

Smith.     He has been shite this season.  

Dyer        He is shite

Lynas.      He is a liability, gets booked/sent off every game

Layne.     He is too lazy

Orsi.         Just not good enough.

Keep the rest they deserve another chance.

Definitely get rid of Dodds and Bailey both are shite,don't have a clue tactically and rely on their mates.

I must be watching a different player to you guys. Trying his best is the minimum we should expect, but as a player he is limited. Not convinced he’s good enough for the league below either!

Missed the Falkirk game down there but I was told he played like someone plucked off the street.

Welcome, friends.

So of a player try s his best every week and that's not enough What Is ? He s certainly not been our worst performer all season and has played in a different position almost every week . He's a young lad doing away fine .

50 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

So of a player try s his best every week and that's not enough What Is ? He s certainly not been our worst performer all season and has played in a different position almost every week . He's a young lad doing away fine .

:( I only said welcome.  :huh:

We have a number of players under performing who should be doing better. Spark for me is hardworking but not good enough. If we have aspirations to come up again next season we’ll need better players than him.

Harsh I know, but that’s just my opinion.

17 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Get rid of

Smith.     He has been shite this season.  

Dyer        He is shite

Lynas.      He is a liability, gets booked/sent off every game

Layne.     He is too lazy

Orsi.         Just not good enough.

Keep the rest they deserve another chance.

Definitely get rid of Dodds and Bailey both are shite,don't have a clue tactically and rely on their mates.

Alright, I'll bite, very reluctantly.  Specifically: Lynas - has been sent off twice this season. Can't easily see how many yellows he has but it is fewer than five, which is where the soccerbase threshold stops. Dale has eight. Fair enough, Lynas's two reds were significant in context of both games but (and this will be a common theme) we have 4 points from 69 - why single him out? He was great last year and a big part of promotion

Smith - ridiculous. Has had a poor season by his usual high standards but get rid? Ahead of another season in league 1 where he is a proven standout?? Get a grip

Dyer 'shite'? Clearly not or he wouldn't have played 100s of games and been a key player in the promotion season, to say nothing of minor things like winning the championship with Dundee and coming close with Morton. Fair to say he hasn't had the best of seasons  but who has? That's not to say we should def keep him but if he can focus that left foot on finding red shirts instead of the opposition could still have sthg to offer

Layne - ok, an audience splitter but clearly has talent. Had a great patch pre Xmas and a good cameo v Celtic. Do we think we'll have better options down a league? 

More generally, why are we singling out individuals? Including the manager? The rest of the squad 'deserve another chance' but the manager doesn't - despite winning promotion last year against all the odds?? I will admit to singling out Ross Caldwell last season as underachieving - but that was about his obvious unwillingness to fulfil his potential. Don't think there's anyone you can level that accusation at this year.

i don't think anyone should be an automatic candidate for the ship out , based on pre season expectations- least of all the manager. We should have done better, true - but spare us all this conspiracy stuff and let's get behind the team now, in the close season and next season, at least until it becomes clear that we need a change. Some big games still to play at the Glebe this year = opportunities to make it an even more memorable year. Otherwise, get yer boots on and show us how to survive in the championship

edit: MBE for Fusco if/when he does retire - as long as he scores by the end of the season

On 16/02/2018 at 23:07, CITY1974 said:

Craig Storie s signed till end of season

Interested to see how Storie does. My recollection of his loan spell is that it coincided with that of Jamie Masson who looked more of a player but seems to have settled into a highland league career. Storie's obviously got some ability - if we could turn out a midfield of dale, Tapping and Storie all firing in league 1 next year could be great but i suspect that's unlikely

Interested to see how Storie does. My recollection of his loan spell is that it coincided with that of Jamie Masson who looked more of a player but seems to have settled into a highland league career. Storie's obviously got some ability - if we could turn out a midfield of dale, Tapping and Storie all firing in league 1 next year could be great but i suspect that's unlikely

Are you really serious with Dale? Can’t see it never have. I think this season proves it

On the keep and get rid off chat

iv gave up posting on hear as it’s like banging my head on the wall

we got promoted last year because we had a solid 3/5 at the back and 1 goal scorer 

our midfield was terrible last year also I pointed this out after 10 games , far to small gave away far to many fouls diving in cause they couldn’t use there body, which allowed teams to bombard our goal with set pieces

now if I can see that last year how can’t the management team see it?

he as a big guy has signed a team of midgets

downgraded on cbs

downgraded in wingers

honestly keep

dyer

lynas (tho he’s a liability and does stupid stuff he has been ok?

mclean (only as a right back he’s not a cb)

mcgeever (jury was out on until he got injured anyway but I’d give him another chance

sinclar I like him needs to get fit

tappin same as above

fusco he’s our best cb don’t retire just yet #1moreyear

Makin ,looks the business

Oris I’d keep I like him

watt, been well below par, Dodds hasn’t given him a run of games tho

jackson only player who when fit could play at this level

punt

buzz ,has been poor and will be a top earner

e smith ,not same since he came back

graham , just to small maybe good squad player

dale , same as above

spark , he’s fit and enthusiastic but not good enough

Chrighton , brutal all season and runs funny

llayne, one of the worst players I’ve seen in a brechin strip, who look at him and says he’s a player???

thats my honest opinion 

I think we had a better starting 11 last year which is a sackable offence on its own

we Have one of the least points tally in Europe just now probably the world, il always be grateful to Dodds for last seasons but it’s getting embarrassing now, I don’t want my team to be a quiz question 

2 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Its a Forum where people express their opinions,  with your comment above you seem to think that your opinions are correct and any one who disagrees is wrong . I think some of your thoughts are pish but does not make me right:rolleyes:

we got promoted last year because we had a solid 3/5 at the back and 1 goal scorer 
our midfield was terrible last year also I pointed this out after 10 games , far to small gave away far to many fouls diving in cause they couldn’t use there body, which allowed teams to bombard our goal with set pieces
now if I can see that last year how can’t the management team see it?
he as a big guy has signed a team of midgets
downgraded on cbs
downgraded in wingers
honestly keep
dyer
lynas (tho he’s a liability and does stupid stuff he has been ok?
mclean (only as a right back he’s not a cb)
mcgeever (jury was out on until he got injured anyway but I’d give him another chance
sinclar I like him needs to get fit
tappin same as above
fusco he’s our best cb don’t retire just yet #1moreyear
Makin ,looks the business
Oris I’d keep I like him
watt, been well below par, Dodds hasn’t given him a run of games tho
jackson only player who when fit could play at this level
punt
buzz ,has been poor and will be a top earner
e smith ,not same since he came back
graham , just to small maybe good squad player
dale , same as above
spark , he’s fit and enthusiastic but not good enough
Chrighton , brutal all season and runs funny
llayne, one of the worst players I’ve seen in a brechin strip, who look at him and says he’s a player???
thats my honest opinion 
I think we had a better starting 11 last year which is a sackable offence on its own
we Have one of the least points tally in Europe just now probably the world, il always be grateful to Dodds for last seasons but it’s getting embarrassing now, I don’t want my team to be a quiz question 

Agree with most of that.I don’t think I’d be grateful to anyone tho.i believe if we set up better tactically,played players in their position instead of favourites that can’t we wouldn’t be sitting on 4 points that I’m afraid is down to Dods

Do you think he could ve acquired better players given his budget ? I think now we re starting to bring in a slightly better standard of player but at the same time I think it's only fair to give the guys who won promotion a chance .
Like s of Buzz will still be a good keeper but he has looked heavy all season and Paddy deserved his chance .
There's still a few games left where club will get a decent pay day although Pars on a Tuesdays a blow financially. All setting us up for a good start next year

Gadz is an outstanding signing. With no disrespect, bit of a lost cause at Brechin this season and he's not a leader type therefore he won't be doing his future prospects many favours by this move. Quality player to bring in though.

Archived