Brechin City Season 2017/2018

Remember Dod’s life has been in football if we were as bad at our jobs we would have been sacked a long time ago. 3 seasons of total mediocrity ok there’s been highs hanging on to league 1 n being promoted but cmon to f**k. We do have some decent players but not enough. so if we put it all together in all departments it’s not worked. For me it’s down to the board now to make a big decision for next season

I agree to a point I think he's still learning as a manager. But next season s his first with a bit of cash and a I think squad that just needs tweaked a bit .
So we ll see how it goes. As for committee they re very committed but should perhaps take fans comments on board at times . We should remember we re just a wee part time team and regularly over last 40 years have punched above our weight .
But on the other side of the coin I d blame Dods for the meagre points total as we are too negative. When he does allow the team to attack we re okay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok with relegation now 99.9% certain who would you keep for next season. ?
I think majority of squad would give it a good go next year.
Players I'd possibly let go
E Smith ( although played well Sat )
O Neill
Layne (too many half hearted displays although dangerous sub )
Watty (not been match fit all year good player when he is )
Buzz (seemingly spat the dummy on Saturday at being dropped ! If this is the case he can go .Paddy deserves his chance and Buzz another who's not performed as goods he can )

If we can keep most of the squad we will do pretty well in league 1. We know Fusco is retiring at the end of the season and McGever is already signed up think Chris O Neil will be away and if paddy keeps up the good work he did on Saturday he could possibly be our new no1 Dane shields is aprently waiting on international clearance to sign would be a good addition for next season

Might be easier to say who we keep;

Paddy, McLean, Crighton, McGeaver, Lynas (despite high profile errors), Dywer (although think he might be on his way too), Orsi, Jackson (needs to prove his fitness), Spark, Layne (last chance saloon - did it previously at this level for us), Smith, Tapping, Graham

Buzz - thanks for your efforts but it might be time to go

Fusco - Jacking it in, thanks and good luck

Dale - will be heading south

Watt - again thanks but by

O'Neil  by

If Shields and Stori are about next season then decent additions, if for the rest of this not sure what the point is. 

As human beings I like our management team they have. particularly Dods come up to Brechin on several occasions when did not need to - he is committed to the cause. However we need to hit the ground running next season and if we do not pick up bt Sept / Oct then we need somebody else.

Feel sure I am missing someone.

I’d keep: Paddy O’Neil (as backup), McLean, Dyer, McGeever, Tapping, Graham, Jackson, Lynas, Crighton, Sinclair, Euan Smith

Undecided: Graeme Smith and Liam Watt. Both performing well under expectations, but if they can get back to their previous levels then both would be top players in league 1. Layne and Orsi might prove a handful in that league as well.

Can go: Fusco (likely retiring anyway, Dale (likely going down south), Chris O’Neil, Spark.

Obviously it would be good to keep Mackin should he be no longer required by Livi. Storie and Shields would of course be excellent signings for league 1.

I must be watching a different player to you guys. Trying his best is the minimum we should expect, but as a player he is limited. Not convinced he’s good enough for the league below either!

Missed the Falkirk game down there but I was told he played like someone plucked off the street.

48 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I must be watching a different player to you guys. Trying his best is the minimum we should expect, but as a player he is limited. Not convinced he’s good enough for the league below either!

Missed the Falkirk game down there but I was told he played like someone plucked off the street.

They all have bad days I suppose , especially that night as I believe all the defence were howking. 

I just feel generally  he is quite good with the ball at his feet going forward.   Seems to read the game well too.  He is learning all the time and I think he has improved as the season has progressed.   He played well on Saturday as did all the defence , Dyer included. 

All about opinions though . 

Archived