Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We were talking about that today.  I was at the AGM where it was said we were to try and make the most of this season financially and although this was basically a free season for Dods it was generally expected that we would try to compete as best we could.  

Up till Christmas I was backing this and was quite sympathetic to the situation we were in .  However , it is now February and we are still looking for our first win . Everyone is getting anxious . The team certainly are judging by the weekly defensive blunders .   Fans are fed up  and getting on the players backs and everyone not connected with the club are just taking the piss and ridiculing.  Dods seems determined not to actually give it a go and play all his attacking options .  Last night was seemingly a perfect example . Puts on Isaac with 5 mins left and all the Falkirk fans are saying they were glad he wasn't put on earlier. 

What is the answer ?  Well it was put to me today that although this was a bit of a free hit this season,  Dods should have had an actual target set at the start of the season  of say 5 wins/ 15 points   to ensure his job was safe.  This would have kept the competitive edge.  Whether or not this was discussed is irrelevant now .....................  But something similar should be implemented now .........at least for the sake of the fans who have stayed loyal .  Even those most loyal are getting a bit pissed off that with a defence as bad as ours is getting that we still only play with one solitary striker.  

It has been proven all season that being cautious is not the way to go.  Let's finish the season just trying to score goals , to hell with the defence.   What's the worse that can happen ?  We lose ????  No brainer. 

He has got next season to prove he has what it takes. As you said it was stated this season was his 

We don’t win games because we have nothing up top nothing in centre mid or centre half and def nothing in goal. he plays his favourites every week we will never win games when we’re 4/5 men down before we start,these dudes have not been good enough. That happens to be Dods n Baileys fault for putting them on the park and we seem to want to give them more time. In 10/11 games this season we’ve been beat by the odd goal because we can’t score n certainly can’t defend yet we’re set up to defend every week. Now that’s down to bad tactics and players not being up to it but are chosen week in week out by Dods n Bailey

11 hours ago, slangs said:

We don’t win games because we have nothing up top nothing in centre mid or centre half and def nothing in goal. he plays his favourites every week we will never win games when we’re 4/5 men down before we start,these dudes have not been good enough. That happens to be Dods n Baileys fault for putting them on the park and we seem to want to give them more time. In 10/11 games this season we’ve been beat by the odd goal because we can’t score n certainly can’t defend yet we’re set up to defend every week. Now that’s down to bad tactics and players not being up to it but are chosen week in week out by Dods n Bailey

Thank you Sir  Alex.  Very informative. ;)

I think most City fans recognised that Darren had a free hit this season. Having said that, if you'd said we'd have 4 points at this stage of the season and not won a game, would we have taken that? Of course not. Being competitive one game in three and still losing isn't good enough and I think the committee and the manager will rightly be asked some questions about specific targets for next season - what constitutes good enough after ten games, after 20, and surely only promotion will do come the end of the year. Where I do disagree is that changing the players would have made much difference - agreed, one or two havent performed to their previous high standards* but in the main, the whole squad have all just been 20% short of the quality needed for a team to flourish at this level. I don't see loads of options that the manager could be turning to instead of his 'favourites'. 

I do agree that the time has come to open up a bit more at home as there is nothing to lose, and nothing to gain any more by making ourselves difficult to beat. 

Six more home games - let's see some more performances along the lines of the st Mirren game and give us something to cheer. It's been an enjoyable season for the most part but it's in danger of ending lamely and we could use a little bit of momentum to take into the close season

*edit - and Jacko's been injured/unfit 

Remember Dod’s life has been in football if we were as bad at our jobs we would have been sacked a long time ago. 3 seasons of total mediocrity ok there’s been highs hanging on to league 1 n being promoted but cmon to f**k. We do have some decent players but not enough. so if we put it all together in all departments it’s not worked. For me it’s down to the board now to make a big decision for next season

Archived