Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Can't be that bad with 12 goals and not a regular starter. 

Yeah that's what I mean, he'll score goals for you, there's no doubting his ability to stick the ball in the net. He just needs to work more off the ball and get his fitness up. Get him running up and down that hill at the Glebe for half an hour after training, and strap some old tyres to his waist for him to drag  :thumsup2

Seriously though, I think him getting a regular run of games will really help him, and Brechin.

53 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Can't be that bad with 12 goals and not a regular starter. 

Definition of a lazy poacher to be honest, great finisher but won't chase the ball and will loiter in the box waiting for it to break.

Would be happy for him to prove me wrong but his work rate is absolutely dire, not good enough for us whatsoever this year. Hopefully he develops

Buzz s just needing a wee wake up call hardly needing dumped. I think if he were too lose a stone he d be fine . Just remember Buzz was a massive part of our promotion and if Darren s allowed a free season so should Buzz .Although I do agree he has to Buck up

Loose a stone? It’s his inability thats wrong.his distribution is absolutely woeful and always has been, it’s a massive part of a goalies game now and he’s got away with it in a lesser league he has screamed at everyone in front of him instead of looking at his own game.

11 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Buzz s just needing a wee wake up call hardly needing dumped. I think if he were too lose a stone he d be fine . Just remember Buzz was a massive part of our promotion and if Darren s allowed a free season so should Buzz .Although I do agree he has to Buck up

A wee wake up call ???   :blink: .  That should have been given about 3 months ago. 

Buzz was a personal favourite of mine last season but I am just stunned at his complete turnaround this one.  Our defence last season grew in confidence knowing Buzz was behind them . Now they are visibly a complete bag of nerves as there is no leadership , no communication and no confidence .  Not one away fan has mentioned Buzz's high pitched repertoire this season .......because it has been non existent. That is worrying as he used to talk himself and those closest to him  through games.  Now he is silent. 

Give him a spell on the sidelines to make him aware that he is not the automatic choice that he expects every week. 

A wee wake up call ???   :blink: .  That should have been given about 3 months ago. 
Buzz was a personal favourite of mine last season but I am just stunned at his complete turnaround this one.  Our defence last season grew in confidence knowing Buzz was behind them . Now they are visibly a complete bag of nerves as there is no leadership , no communication and no confidence .  Not one away fan has mentioned Buzz's high pitched repertoire this season .......because it has been non existent. That is worrying as he used to talk himself and those closest to him  through games.  Now he is silent. 
Give him a spell on the sidelines to make him aware that he is not the automatic choice that he expects every week. 

Ye I m not arguing with any of your post.But would nt a spell on the sidelines be a wake up call ?

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

I know people go on about loyalty and had Dods did a great job getting us here in the first place but no wins in 23 games is a shocking record surely it's time for a change or is it too late ?

We were talking about that today.  I was at the AGM where it was said we were to try and make the most of this season financially and although this was basically a free season for Dods it was generally expected that we would try to compete as best we could.  

Up till Christmas I was backing this and was quite sympathetic to the situation we were in .  However , it is now February and we are still looking for our first win . Everyone is getting anxious . The team certainly are judging by the weekly defensive blunders .   Fans are fed up  and getting on the players backs and everyone not connected with the club are just taking the piss and ridiculing.  Dods seems determined not to actually give it a go and play all his attacking options .  Last night was seemingly a perfect example . Puts on Isaac with 5 mins left and all the Falkirk fans are saying they were glad he wasn't put on earlier. 

What is the answer ?  Well it was put to me today that although this was a bit of a free hit this season,  Dods should have had an actual target set at the start of the season  of say 5 wins/ 15 points   to ensure his job was safe.  This would have kept the competitive edge.  Whether or not this was discussed is irrelevant now .....................  But something similar should be implemented now .........at least for the sake of the fans who have stayed loyal .  Even those most loyal are getting a bit pissed off that with a defence as bad as ours is getting that we still only play with one solitary striker.  

It has been proven all season that being cautious is not the way to go.  Let's finish the season just trying to score goals , to hell with the defence.   What's the worse that can happen ?  We lose ????  No brainer. 

We were talking about that today.  I was at the AGM where it was said we were to try and make the most of this season financially and although this was basically a free season for Dods it was generally expected that we would try to compete as best we could.  
Up till Christmas I was backing this and was quite sympathetic to the situation we were in .  However , it is now February and we are still looking for our first win . Everyone is getting anxious . The team certainly are judging by the weekly defensive blunders .   Fans are fed up  and getting on the players backs and everyone not connected with the club are just taking the piss and ridiculing.  Dods seems determined not to actually give it a go and play all his attacking options .  Last night was seemingly a perfect example . Puts on Isaac with 5 mins left and all the Falkirk fans are saying they were glad he wasn't put on earlier. 
What is the answer ?  Well it was put to me today that although this was a bit of a free hit this season,  Dods should have had an actual target set at the start of the season  of say 5 wins/ 15 points   to ensure his job was safe.  This would have kept the competitive edge.  Whether or not this was discussed is irrelevant now .....................  But something similar should be implemented now .........at least for the sake of the fans who have stayed loyal .  Even those most loyal are getting a bit pissed off that with a defence as bad as ours is getting that we still only play with one solitary striker.  
It has been proven all season that being cautious is not the way to go.  Let's finish the season just trying to score goals , to hell with the defence.   What's the worse that can happen ?  We lose ????  No brainer. 

Totally agree with that were as good as down so why not have a go we have nothing to loose we have plenty of strikers why not use them. Sure McKinnon will be looking for a new job by now [emoji6]

Archived