Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Diehard has a new alias or two .  Don't know how he keeps up with them all. His heid must be minced trying to mind who is the most fucked up character he plays. 
Wonder who his new hate figure will be in the new year when we start winning ? 

Do I sense some paranoia

Wonder if the club would consider dropping prices or offering a deal to get punters thru the gates for Dec 30th game v Caley. These dates usually attract a slightly bigger gate might entice some of the guys who ve gotten out of the footy habit back .
1. Pay what you like at gate
2. Bring a couple pals for free ( season ticket holders)
3. £5 admission
4 . Family deal
Just a couple ideas

Wonder if the club would consider dropping prices or offering a deal to get punters thru the gates for Dec 30th game v Caley. These dates usually attract a slightly bigger gate might entice some of the guys who ve gotten out of the footy habit back .
1. Pay what you like at gate
2. Bring a couple pals for free ( season ticket holders)
3. £5 admission
4 . Family deal
Just a couple ideas

In an ideal world this would entice a couple hundred extra along but we've done similar in the past (such as fitba for a fiver) and it didn't have a noticeable effect on the crowd.

I think those that want to go to the game will go - I don't think pricing is a problem at the Glebe.

In an ideal world this would entice a couple hundred extra along but we've done similar in the past (such as fitba for a fiver) and it didn't have a noticeable effect on the crowd.

I think those that want to go to the game will go - I don't think pricing is a problem at the Glebe.

I m meaning more this time of year.Folk fed up looking to get out of house etc . I know it's been tried and agree with you.
Look at how successful it was at Montrose .Just think it's worth a try with it being holiday time

1 hour ago, doonhamer64 said:

What is the overall record of Brechin City v Celtic games?  I was looking up some info for a friend (Brechin fan) and it seems to be hard to come by. 

FOUND THIS!!!

Head-to-head v Brechin

Celtic wins Draws Brechin wins
League Cup 2 1 0
FA Cup 2 0 0
Total 4 1 0

1985/1986

Scottish League Cup We 28Aug 1985   Celtic 7 - 0 Brechin

1983/1984

Scottish League Cup Sa 27Aug 1983   Celtic 0 - 0 Brechin

Scottish League Cup Tu 23Aug 1983   Brechin 0 - 1 Celtic

1949/1950

Scottish FA Cup Sa 28Jan 1950   Brechin 0 - 3 Celtic

1926/1927

Scottish FA Cup Sa 05Feb 1927   Brechin 3 - 6 Celtic

19 hours ago, B.C.F.C. - ANGUS No 1 said:
FOUND THIS!!!

Head-to-head v Brechin

Celtic wins Draws Brechin wins
League Cup 2 1 0
FA Cup 2 0 0
Total 4 1 0

1985/1986

Scottish League Cup We 28Aug 1985   Celtic 7 - 0 Brechin

1983/1984

Scottish League Cup Sa 27Aug 1983   Celtic 0 - 0 Brechin

Scottish League Cup Tu 23Aug 1983   Brechin 0 - 1 Celtic

1949/1950

Scottish FA Cup Sa 28Jan 1950   Brechin 0 - 3 Celtic

1926/1927

Scottish FA Cup Sa 05Feb 1927   Brechin 3 - 6 Celtic

Thank you very much for this!  Every neutral fan in the country will be on your side for this one!

I see Celtic have home tickets for sale for Cup game anyone got any idea when our tickets will go on sale ?

I was at the games in 83/84 and 85 . S got the programmes and newspaper cuttings . I remember standing behind goals and being devastated when Celts scored a last minute winner . Then drawing 0 0 at an almost empty Parkhead .
The 85 game Fleming put out a weaker team for some crazy reason and we got pumped a a Celtic team full of international s .
Celtic must be the team we ve faced the least in our history apart from your newer teams like Edinburgh etc

I see Celtic have home tickets for sale for Cup game anyone got any idea when our tickets will go on sale ?

Celtic run a home ticket scheme for Cup games which fans get tickets sent out automatically and money comes out of their account s, so before a ball is kicked Celtic have sold 32000 tickets Wether they turn up or not for the game . Let's hope whole town turns up for this one . It's £15 for adults and £10 for kids etc for home end not sure about City end

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

I was at the games in 83/84 and 85 . S got the programmes and newspaper cuttings . I remember standing behind goals and being devastated when Celts scored a last minute winner . Then drawing 0 0 at an almost empty Parkhead .
The 85 game Fleming put out a weaker team for some crazy reason and we got pumped a a Celtic team full of international s .
Celtic must be the team we ve faced the least in our history apart from your newer teams like Edinburgh etc

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Celtic run a home ticket scheme for Cup games which fans get tickets sent out automatically and money comes out of their account s, so before a ball is kicked Celtic have sold 32000 tickets Wether they turn up or not for the game . Let's hope whole town turns up for this one . It's £15 for adults and £10 for kids etc for home end not sure about City end

Thanks for clearing that up thenemoji23.png

Archived