Brechin City Season 2017/2018

In fairness most our team did not have to get out of second gear - I was impressed with Lynas in a holding midfield roll - he managed this well and had energy.

Layne was getting form a number of players including Dods and Baily on the side lines - he should have been able to tare the Vics a new one but like he has so far this season not worked hard enough, made decent runs or made the right decision. Ally's work rate does mask some failings but I would have him ahead of Issac.

Easiest clean sheet for Paddy.

A work out for some is all it was.

Roll on Saturday.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are a different animal at home, well done today 

Not being pessimistic but that 'different animal' lost 4-0 last time, team was switched up a bit today, has to be one of the better 11s we can field, wonder if jacko shout retreat into a more midfield playmaker roll

Great point at home today against a team that a few weeks ago tore us a new one . We're up against it alright when you hit the bar and the follow up goes wide and you conceed a soft goal. On another day we'd have scored / not conceeded . Great shift second half and a point too. Now how do we beat Dumbarton next week ? Well done everyone.

1 hour ago, underpar said:

Great point at home today against a team that a few weeks ago tore us a new one . We're up against it alright when you hit the bar and the follow up goes wide and you conceed a soft goal. On another day we'd have scored / not conceeded . Great shift second half and a point too. Now how do we beat Dumbarton next week ? Well done everyone.

It's ok Super Thomo is away so all will be good ! ;)

In all honesty if people are kicking up a fuss and being like that towards the committee then they're idiots, there's a huge step from league 1 to the championship, the club have said themselves they are using this year to recoup losses from last year, do I agree with that mentality maybe not, do I understand why they're doing it, god yes

A great club to be part of. This was always going to be a hard season and no one was under any illusion of how difficult it was going to be. But personally the team are performing well, the only game i thought was poor was the Inverness Caledonian thistle game. All the other games we weren't far away.
The committee both club and supporters work so hard behind the scenes so everyone can enjoy the glebe. So feel free to come and watch the city on Saturday, and hopefully we can pick up are first three points.

I dont get People criticising the team and the committee the team are putting on some great perframances we have just been unlucky not getting the results. Do they expect the committee to splash out on players and put us in more debt just to keep us in the league? I would rather get relegated and still have a team to support than stay up and be in massive debt. The committee and all the people that volunteer work very hard to keep the club going and do a great job. Those moaners do nothing to help the club. What s the point in turning up on a match day and criticising every thing ? Get behind the team and support them or there's no point being there

So were there disgruntled fans at Dumbarton ?
We re all guilty of whinging after a defeat but hardly committees fault they may not be everyone's cup of tea but they re dedications 2nd to none .
We re probably shy of 6/7 points that our performance s deserve . I d say get to January window and if we re still in with a decent chance of staying up then s the time to take a small gamble .

A great club to be part of. This was always going to be a hard season and no one was under any illusion of how difficult it was going to be. But personally the team are performing well, the only game i thought was poor was the Inverness Caledonian thistle game. All the other games we weren't far away.

The committee both club and supporters work so hard behind the scenes so everyone can enjoy the glebe. So feel free to come and watch the city on Saturday, and hopefully we can pick up are first three points.

Spot on. It's the same folk every week that moan and they've not got a brain cell between them so best ignored. Every other supporter knows the script, as you say other than the Inverness game we've been competitive and truth be told should probably have a couple of wins on the board already.

Archived