Brechin City Season 2017/2018

Could not agree more. Would also add that it's one thing to slag off the whole team, but to name and shame individual players like has happened on here is not on. I hope that none of them read it as that's not going to do the confidence any good.

It's a football forum for fans. Fans are perfectly entitled to name individuals for criticism, and praise for that matter. If players decide to read a forum that's their problem. Shouting abuse at them during a match where they can hear you should be discouraged but they are open for criticism on here.

I don't understand the attitude of 'we're here in the Championship, we should just accept it if we are shite and get pumped most weeks and enjoy the experience'. Fans are quite right to expect to be able to compete with at least the bottom four teams, regardless of budget. We've managed it for 5 years. It's up to the manager to use the budget wisely and play the right tactics to get results.

The odds are against you and theres a high chance you will go down but fans are quite right to call out shite individual and team performances where they see fit IMO.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a difference between constructive criticism and blind abuse. Some of the shite that's being spouted on here is terrible and isn't doing anyone any favours.

as for 'accepting our fate' - I don't see anyone doing that. We are two games in and whilst the game against Queen of the South was a heavy defeat, the second half performance against Livi was promising. It's far too early to judge anything - or anyone - yet. 

I think anyone expecting the club to throw money to try and stay up is being naive. What I don't want (and fear might end up happening) is playing 5 at the back, conceding a goal or two and be chasing every game. As I said before, I'm willing to give it a chance but I hope Dods has a Plan B if it doesn't work. 

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It's a football forum for fans. Fans are perfectly entitled to name individuals for criticism, and praise for that matter. If players decide to read a forum that's their problem. Shouting abuse at them during a match where they can hear you should be discouraged but they are open for criticism on here.

I don't understand the attitude of 'we're here in the Championship, we should just accept it if we are shite and get pumped most weeks and enjoy the experience'. Fans are quite right to expect to be able to compete with at least the bottom four teams, regardless of budget. We've managed it for 5 years. It's up to the manager to use the budget wisely and play the right tactics to get results.

The odds are against you and theres a high chance you will go down but fans are quite right to call out shite individual and team performances where they see fit IMO.

The single most important fact you have failed to grasp is that the majority of the critical fans know bugger all about football. Also in terms of criticising committees / boards of directors most of them know bugger all about running businesses. I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion but unfortunately forums like this allow ill formed and sensible opinions equal airing. One of our supporters said that against Buckie the team were not interested and not trying. That is a) not true and b) frankly insulting. Get behind the team.

The single most important fact you have failed to grasp is that the majority of the critical fans know bugger all about football. Also in terms of criticising committees / boards of directors most of them know bugger all about running businesses. I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion but unfortunately forums like this allow ill formed and sensible opinions equal airing. One of our supporters said that against Buckie the team were not interested and not trying. That is a) not true and b) frankly insulting. Get behind the team.

What makes you more informed than anyone else on here?

They are as entitled to criticise or praise as you are, you footballing and business expert.

I mentioned this before but after winning promotion in season 90 we struggled for first couple mths in old Div 1 but after a clear the air meeting with player s John Ritchie decided they would go attacking ..Every game after that was entertaining and goals galore .We did get relegated but won huge plaudits from football fans for our style ...We probably had more attack minded strikers in those days saying that ( as every team did )...

I think Darren prefers to get to half time still in the game then have a go 2nd half . 

16 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I mentioned this before but after winning promotion in season 90 we struggled for first couple mths in old Div 1 but after a clear the air meeting with player s John Ritchie decided they would go attacking ..Every game after that was entertaining and goals galore .We did get relegated but won huge plaudits from football fans for our style ...We probably had more attack minded strikers in those days saying that ( as every team did )...

I think Darren prefers to get to half time still in the game then have a go 2nd half

Not today . Maybe that meeting was last week . ;)

9 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not today . Maybe that meeting was last week . ;)

Today was excellent . Could nt fault anyone . We re due a bit of luck in front of goal .. Orsi looks a find and when you look at bench today as well ... Beggars belief we could lose at Buckie n Stirling..  Honestly why we nvr scored s a travesty ..

Archived