Brechin City Season 2017/2018

Dear mr guy in the red baseball cap, not sure if you're on here, if not people will know who I mean.

You're passionate I get it, the club means a lot to you I get that too, we were shite which is frustrating I totally get that. But who the f**k do you think you are to speak to people like you do? Telling a group of fellow city fans to 'stay at fucking home' because they clapped when we won a corner, what's the problem? Yes they were shite but a bit of positive reinforcement does wonders, which I hasten to add you were more than vocal about how people should be spurring the team on, yet when they did it at what you thought was the wrong time you launched your foul mouthed tirade at them. You go every week, so what? The club needs money and you're telling 4 paying adults to stay at fucking home, well well done sir, cause with people like you about that's exactly what people should do, you're an embarrassment to your self and even more so to the club.

Im sure the guy in the red baseball cap is citydiehard it's got to be[emoji23]...........................

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red cap guys been the same for last 45 years.. Just his way when City are poor hes a Hearts man and vice versa .Quiet lad away from football ..

I met my mate in papershop this mornin he was at Buckie he said apart from first 20 mins only 1 team wanted to win the match . Half the players looked lost and uninterested ... Hopefully be a different story on Saturday I m sure it will..Not expecting too much against championship teams but against Forfar , Stirling n Buckie well we should be beatin these guys 

9 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

We re nvr in it long enough to get injured or suspended;)... I d ve rested Buzz n Jacko anyway tonight and played Orsi Sinclair and O Neill give them more gametime .. 

Apart from the two injuries we did pick up last night!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 win s in 15 cup games as manager I think ... I just had a quick tally up...

If that's correct then we obviously have a rival for the most abject cup record of recent years. I thought we had the crown outright.

Obviously a very disappointing cup result (and we know all about them from Bonnyrigg last year), what went wrong?

If that's correct then we obviously have a rival for the most abject cup record of recent years. I thought we had the crown outright.

Obviously a very disappointing cup result (and we know all about them from Bonnyrigg last year), what went wrong?

The tactics were poor last night we played 5 at the back against a highland league side.

Okay, I have had time to reflect on last nights performance, IT. WAS. HORRENDOUS!

Yes the first 20 minutes or so and we moved the ball about, took the lead and were comfortable without being spectacular.

Smiths distribution was poor - he spent all game bawling at everyone to cover his poor performance, he is now beginning to anticipate shots which then looks like he is diving out the way. Our back three (Fusco, McGeaver, McLean) seemed happy to boot the ball long to Issac who could nae hold his water if it was in a bottle. This started to happen as our midfield three (Dale, Love + Finn) were doing little with it. In fact Dale was irritating the most as he kept turning round on a six pence, almost looking for the safe pass backwards which resulted in a hoof up the park - repeat pattern. I thought O'Neil and Dwyer took up good  wide positions and when they did get it tried to go forward but all too often they got slow ball and were closed down.

Everyone was guilty of poor crosses - how many went into the keepers hands? Layne and Jacko just do not work - they were far too far apart to be effective. Layne like I said could not hold the ball up, does not make runs to receive a pass and his first thought seems to be back into defender and wrestle them which puts him off balance for doing anything when the ball arrives. He lost the ball again in the lead up to the second goal however there was some horrendous defending after this. All second half we saw the writing on the wall as the ball just kept coming back as nonone was capable of holding it up or stringing passes together.

The game was crying out for us to get someone on who could run with the ball - Watt came on and was looking forward for passes but is lacking match sharpness and Orsi came on and ran at Buckie but was too little too late.

Fusco went off injured, Spark took a sore one, Finn hooked but reality is anyone could have been subbed, Love was cramping up too. Mystery of the night? How Issac managed 90 minutes.

Dods did give fringe players a chance to prove themselves and other than O'Neil none of them took it. We were also overrun in midfield as Buckie had four in there to our three. We should still have had enough to go through but Buckie certainly went for it and although being a bit industrial at times showed more desire and commitment. Good luck to them.

For us? If we play like that on Saturday we will take a battering. Over the years I have seen some poor performances but struggling to think when we had so many off their games in one match. As for Dods he will not be removed, although he was busy and shouting on Saturday he was strangely quiet last night - this may well have had some impact.

Either way lets hope this was a blip but having only one 2 out of 15 in cups is a poor show. 

Will I be at Tannadice? Likely, as that is what we do.

Mon City!

Just now, hedgeinthesouth said:

The tactics were poor last night we played 5 at the back against a highland league side.

Not really. The wing backs did what they were supposed to do but got slow or limited service.

Was nt there so should nt really comment ..I know what i THINK the problem is and the more games in its becoming obvious ..I ll get slated for this but we re a Championship team trying to compete with a 2nd division squad... Isaacs not a team player gets the ball turns and shoots.His team mates are sick of him .. We re needing a big midfielder and a striker .Unfortunately thats the way it is as clubs skint so gotta live within our means ... We ve had some bad luck with injuries but hopefully getting everyone back now

On 8/7/2017 at 08:53, theoriginalhedge said:

As for comparing Isaac with Caldwell ....:lol:    .......All we can say there is we are all glad you don't pick the team !  

Ross Caldwell is a much better player than Isaac will ever be, he just seems unable to motivate himself to use his obvious talent. Brechin bringing Isaac back was one of the most bizarre signings I've seen, absolutely miles out his his depth.

9 hours ago, hedgeinthesouth said:

Im sure the guy in the red baseball cap is citydiehard it's got to beemoji23.png...........................

I think you may have just blown his cover . Well done nice work fella.

I've been banging my head off a the wall for 14 months now saying we need better players, we need bigger players also, a good defence last year papered over the cracks, Dods is a defender he has serious problems identifying forward thinking players , Lee ballie should be helping identify our forward thinking players! we in my eyes are a worse team than last year, to many players resigned who were average league 1 players, we should of let the likes of ford,lynas/O'Neil,graham (maybe harsh on him) and love go they aren't ready for this level and all to small we should never in a million years signed Issac either, what happened to cregg? I will continue to support the players and I'd like to state the players mentioned have never gave less than 100% this is just my opinion

Wait a minute we can all go through the team with who we think is or is not good enough I'm not a fan of Dale or buzz. What I am sure of Dods has his favourites no matter how they play. Players make players no matter how good an individual may be he needs good players round about him. Do we have that? I don't think so.

22 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

I've been banging my head off a the wall for 14 months now saying we need better players, we need bigger players also, a good defence last year papered over the cracks, Dods is a defender he has serious problems identifying forward thinking players , Lee ballie should be helping identify our forward thinking players! we in my eyes are a worse team than last year, to many players resigned who were average league 1 players, we should of let the likes of ford,lynas/O'Neil,graham (maybe harsh on him) and love go they aren't ready for this level and all to small we should never in a million years signed Issac either, what happened to cregg? I will continue to support the players and I'd like to state the players mentioned have never gave less than 100% this is just my opinion

Yea you keep on saying about bringing in better players but not coming up with where we get the money to pay for all these better players WE ARE BROKE ( Cregg signed for Farfar  )

11 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

From what I have seen we missed Crighton as a settling player at the back. I think the team that came good in the second half against Livi is good enough - we need the players t believe they are and stick to the ball on the ground. Yes we could do with a 'thug' of a midfielder and another forward player.

Better players would be great, isn't everyone wanting them? Can a P/T team have a squad of 20 players of the highest order? We have 13/14 who could start with the rest in emergencies. I wonder if we get if we get everyone back fit what our starting team would be?

Smith

Crighton, McGeaver, McLean

Lynas                  Dale                           Dywer

Sinclair             Watt

Jackson Orsi

Have we played the same starting 11 twice in a row yet? Have we had everyone available yet? I would like to see a settled team and now we just have Saturdays for a while then maybe we will.

2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Okay, I have had time to reflect on last nights performance, IT. WAS. HORRENDOUS!

Yes the first 20 minutes or so and we moved the ball about, took the lead and were comfortable without being spectacular.

Smiths distribution was poor - he spent all game bawling at everyone to cover his poor performance, he is now beginning to anticipate shots which then looks like he is diving out the way. Our back three (Fusco, McGeaver, McLean) seemed happy to boot the ball long to Issac who could nae hold his water if it was in a bottle. This started to happen as our midfield three (Dale, Love + Finn) were doing little with it. In fact Dale was irritating the most as he kept turning round on a six pence, almost looking for the safe pass backwards which resulted in a hoof up the park - repeat pattern. I thought O'Neil and Dwyer took up good  wide positions and when they did get it tried to go forward but all too often they got slow ball and were closed down.

Everyone was guilty of poor crosses - how many went into the keepers hands? Layne and Jacko just do not work - they were far too far apart to be effective. Layne like I said could not hold the ball up, does not make runs to receive a pass and his first thought seems to be back into defender and wrestle them which puts him off balance for doing anything when the ball arrives. He lost the ball again in the lead up to the second goal however there was some horrendous defending after this. All second half we saw the writing on the wall as the ball just kept coming back as nonone was capable of holding it up or stringing passes together.

The game was crying out for us to get someone on who could run with the ball - Watt came on and was looking forward for passes but is lacking match sharpness and Orsi came on and ran at Buckie but was too little too late.

Fusco went off injured, Spark took a sore one, Finn hooked but reality is anyone could have been subbed, Love was cramping up too. Mystery of the night? How Issac managed 90 minutes.

Dods did give fringe players a chance to prove themselves and other than O'Neil none of them took it. We were also overrun in midfield as Buckie had four in there to our three. We should still have had enough to go through but Buckie certainly went for it and although being a bit industrial at times showed more desire and commitment. Good luck to them.

For us? If we play like that on Saturday we will take a battering. Over the years I have seen some poor performances but struggling to think when we had so many off their games in one match. As for Dods he will not be removed, although he was busy and shouting on Saturday he was strangely quiet last night - this may well have had some impact.

Either way lets hope this was a blip but having only one 2 out of 15 in cups is a poor show. 

Will I be at Tannadice? Likely, as that is what we do.

Mon City!

Can you elaborate more :rolleyes:

Archived