Brechin City Season 2017/2018

38 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

I'd like to keep same team to try and get abit of momentum going, but I think mcgeever ,Issac will get a start, not fussed either way . hill made team of the week if anyones intrested https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-team-of-the-week-49-4/ 

Yes i agree but at same time we need everyone ticking over as well ... It was a very strong bench on Saturday probably first time since Dods came to Brechin .. Good position to be in for a change ... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Total embarrassment Dodds is useless,surely on a sticky wicket already.

Relax, people have short memories, Dodd has done ok as manager, done the impossible last year, I agree his signings have been poor this year tho, he's just signed a two year so he's going nowhere 

Any info on the game?

Played well for the first 30 mins after that performance was very flat.Still looks as if we need a striker in upfront preferably a big target man.Only player to get pass marks tonight for me was Chris o Neil.On a positive it was good to see Ryan mcGeever and Liam watt playing tonight hopefully them coming back from injury will maybe help change our performances on the park

Should be clearing the floor with these teams , but goals change game and we definitely don't have as many goals in the team as last year, wasn't at the game but looking at the team sheet we are far to defensive, how was Issac 

Issac was poor tonight as was Jackson both of them struggled against the Buckie CB's

2 win s in 15 cup games as manager I think ... I just had a quick tally up... Thats pathetic part time clubs need the odd wee cup run .. Jim Weir had his enemies but done well in cups with us ..

Was nt there tonight so can t comment on how we ve played but apart from a weak montrose side and Spartans in friendlies we ve not won a game yet ..I thought Isaac would come good tonight but look like him n Jackos not gonna work.. 

Dods probably has 1 eye on Saturday hopefully tonights the hoof up the arse a lot o the lads were needing..

He ll know the players he can trust .

Just now, hedgeinthesouth said:

Issac was poor tonight as was Jackson both of them struggled against the Buckie CB's

Jackson need a link up man (trouten) still can't believe we let him go! I think Issac is ruining his game!  Issac from what I've seen is a player who just plays for himself, punted from Alloa punted from Stirling Albion get a move to us, why? for me and for what I've seen of him he could score 4-5 quality individual goals this season but I'd take a team player who can chip in with goals and set up a few aswell, he has a negative effect on our attacking game 

Jackson need a link up man (trouten) still can't believe we let him go! I think Issac is ruining his game!  Issac from what I've seen is a player who just plays for himself, punted from Alloa punted from Stirling Albion get a move to us, why? for me and for what I've seen of him he could score 4-5 quality individual goals this season but I'd take a team player who can chip in with goals and set up a few aswell, he has a negative effect on our attacking game 

It's clear to see that Jackson and layne will not work as a strike pair.I think layne will work better as an impact substitute.

4 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Jackson played well with Orsi on Saturday.  Forget Trouten and his 3 games a season contribution. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

My daughter was there and said they looked as if they couldn't give a shite.  Buzz was going mental at them all. 

On the plus side we are better out of this farce of a competition anyway. We tend to pick up needless injuries and suspensions in these games. 

We re nvr in it long enough to get injured or suspended;)... I d ve rested Buzz n Jacko anyway tonight and played Orsi Sinclair and O Neill give them more gametime .. 

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

We re nvr in it long enough to get injured or suspended;)... I d ve rested Buzz n Jacko anyway tonight and played Orsi Sinclair and O Neill give them more gametime .. 

Fusco was taken off ( probably to save him for Sat ) and replaced by Spark who seemingly  had a howler . 

Dear mr guy in the red baseball cap, not sure if you're on here, if not people will know who I mean.

You're passionate I get it, the club means a lot to you I get that too, we were shite which is frustrating I totally get that. But who the f**k do you think you are to speak to people like you do? Telling a group of fellow city fans to 'stay at fucking home' because they clapped when we won a corner, what's the problem? Yes they were shite but a bit of positive reinforcement does wonders, which I hasten to add you were more than vocal about how people should be spurring the team on, yet when they did it at what you thought was the wrong time you launched your foul mouthed tirade at them. You go every week, so what? The club needs money and you're telling 4 paying adults to stay at fucking home, well well done sir, cause with people like you about that's exactly what people should do, you're an embarrassment to your self and even more so to the club.

Archived