Brechin City Season 2017/2018

No mate, didn't come across as harsh at all. I enjoyed reading your opinion. Hopefully you're right and O'Neill pushes Smith and steps up if required. All the best for the season ahead. 

Cheers and the same to you. Can't see him taking his place but a more than capable replacement if required

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Cheers and the same to you. Can't see him taking his place but a more than capable replacement if required

Ye i don t think he conceded a goal last season , but Smithy s still one of the best around although hes carrying a pund or twa..

Meant to come on here earlier - just to say Brechin City is one of the friendliest clubs around. I was even greeted by the stewards when I arrived at the ground in my Falkirk top. It could be a hard season for you but all the best and hope you are still in the Championship next season (don't think you will be promoted by the way :))

Whats general opinion of other city fans .We were under no illusions we were gonna struggle but we re shipping goals for fun playing a back 5 . We have to be patient but its obvious Isaac n Jackos not gonna work and we ve no height in midfield .I tbink committee should cut Darren some slack and allow him to strenghten yet ( but no more defenders) we have to be sensible as well ..The fans backed committee by buying Season tickets when feel good factor was still there so perhaps its time they took a wee gamble and repaid our faith..Every opposing fan of every team we ve played has commented on how rubbish we are..I m just not wanting us to become a huge laughing stock .Or is it as simple as Dods changing tatics ??

Hoof ball doesn't work even less so in this league. Seemingly our goal was down to a decent piece of football.ive said before we have lads that can play a bit surely that's the way to give us a wee chance in games.giving the ball to teams for 60/70% of the game is clearly not the way to play.

Hoof ball doesn't work even less so in this league. Seemingly our goal was down to a decent piece of football.ive said before we have lads that can play a bit surely that's the way to give us a wee chance in games.giving the ball to teams for 60/70% of the game is clearly not the way to play.

To be honest I'd get used to your opponents absolutely dominating possession. I reckon our possession average since we were promoted must be about 37%.

Worth noting that our first match back in this division in 2012 ended in a 4-1 reverse. From there on things only got worse as we took a several months to find our feet. But...we're still here. 

I'm not surprised Brechin got beat yesterday and you'll probably take a few more pumpings in the weeks to come but it's certainly no foregone conclusion that you're destined for the drop. Hopefully both our clubs can survive.

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Whats general opinion of other city fans .We were under no illusions we were gonna struggle but we re shipping goals for fun playing a back 5 . We have to be patient but its obvious Isaac n Jackos not gonna work and we ve no height in midfield .I tbink committee should cut Darren some slack and allow him to strenghten yet ( but no more defenders) we have to be sensible as well ..The fans backed committee by buying Season tickets when feel good factor was still there so perhaps its time they took a wee gamble and repaid our faith..Every opposing fan of every team we ve played has commented on how rubbish we are..I m just not wanting us to become a huge laughing stock .Or is it as simple as Dods changing tatics ??

As you say, we were always going to struggle given the constraints we are likely to be under - but I think most have a minimum expectation which is that we are genuinely competitive. Wasnt at the game yesterday so can't comment but it sounds like we are some way away from that yet.

having said that, bit soon to be pressing the panic button yet. The manager will want to get his best team on the pitch for a few games first (Dale, McGeever, Watt?) and let's not forget that the season before last he learnt pretty fast and  turned an early season aberration of a team into a good one (just in time, admittedly)

FWIW I am sure he will be lobbying the committee pretty hard for another player or two and my guess is they probably accept they'll have to grit their teeth for one more at least. We're into the period now where guys without a club are starting to face up to the prospect of a long winter without a wage and it may come down to who cracks first. No point waiting until January only to find we are adrift by 15 points - we need to at least stay in touch and then give ourselves a chance by strengthening a bit more then. 

Looking forward to next weeks game

2 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

So where does the money come from we are potless unless our previous benefactor dips into his pooch again

11 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So where does the money come from we are potless unless our previous benefactor dips into his pooch again

I know we ve a big squad buts it top heavy with defenders so its gonna be hard to justify spending cash on other parts squad ... I m not having a dig ( as hedgie always thinks im only asking folks opinions ) I m behind manager 100 % we re always gonna take time to find our feet , in play offs we won thru through playing good football and sheer hard graft but now we re back to the punt .. 

We need a style that suits our team.ok we need more height and r top heavy with defenders I will be surprised if anything happens on those fronts so we have what we have,it's up to the coaches to make sure we play to our strengths. I hope they do something about it because it will affect the players confidence if we're going to get pumped every week playing hoof ball. I support all at the club so I'm hoping sort it as soon as

It's the style we play that bothers me most,of course a bit of height up top would help but we need to play football and that's got f/all to do with height.now if we don't have enough ball players to play a bit that's bad recruitment/ability imo.its one game in and hopefully it's an eye opener for all. Let's not look out the sharp knifes yet

Okay just seen the team and it must be the tenth starting 11 we have had since the start of preseason; no Dale, Watt, McGeaver or Lynas. 

We defo need a striker, change of system to be more attack minded and a settled starting 11.

4-2-3-1 seems to be what we can work within the squad and creates chances.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

Okay just seen the team and it must be the tenth starting 11 we have had since the start of preseason; no Dale, Watt, McGeaver or Lynas. 

We defo need a striker, change of system to be more attack minded and a settled starting 11.

4-2-3-1 seems to be what we can work within the squad and creates chances.

Aye the suspensions probably defined our line up and the pummeling from Falkirk most likely determined the tactics especially away from home  .  Hopefully it will be all change on Saturday at the glebe.  As others have said, nothing to lose.  As for the striker I think given the chance Isaac will produce the goods. Put it this way he will have to as that is our option for the immediate future. Just have to get behind him and encourage as much as possible. 

Archived