Brechin City Season 2017/2018

23 hours ago, 'Steve said:

It's quite incredible isn't it. As a supporter you want your team to play at the very highest level possible, and realistically we are effectively there yet some are still finding things to complain about. Survival in the this division is about as far as we can go and what an achievement it would be if we could somehow manage that.

What some may not realise is that if we stayed in league 1, then we'd have had to make major cuts and would have likely been fighting against relegation to league 2. Anyone that was at the AGM would know just how testing last year was financially and the extra revenue from the larger gates this season will go a long way to securing the future of the club for years to come.

At the risk of repeating myself on here, we are going into the season with a part time side on an average league 1 budget. This is stark contrast to some of our opposition...just look at some of the season ticket sales for the clubs in the Championship, it's over 20 times as much as ours and that's no exaggeration.

Yes we've had some disappointing results and performances of late. Failing to beat Forfar and Stirling isn't ideal preparation for the Championship but as others have said this cup has turned into a glorified pre-season tournament.

Let's enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

It'll be one that will stay in the mind for years to come, no matter what happens.

The journey to the Championship willbe one that will never go away

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Is it not open to away fans ? and  will it shut during the game ?

Yes, it does shut during the game.

On to the game.

The season will be long and frustrating if the full time teams get the decisions - how you can wrestle an a player to ground with a WWE move and not be sent off is beyond me.

That aside, I am not a fan of the formation we played for 65 minutes as we do not create enough, better chances were had when we changed from the five at the back (granted two wingbacks but they rarely got out). Everyone put a shift in, including the subs.

A couple of training sessions and onto the league......finally.

Sure it's gonna be a long hard season and we are going to struggle for points but please try and remember the euphoria of the playoff matches.

NOBODY gave us a hope in hell of gaining promotion,yet time and time again the players refused to be beaten!

This is a call for calm,as already i have heard grumblings from some supporters,even during the friendlies for Christ sake.

Lets all take a deep breath and give the Boys the time and support to find their feet in the CHAMPIONSHIP!!

40 minutes ago, AstroZombie said:

Sure it's gonna be a long hard season and we are going to struggle for points but please try and remember the euphoria of the playoff matches.

NOBODY gave us a hope in hell of gaining promotion,yet time and time again the players refused to be beaten!

This is a call for calm,as already i have heard grumblings from some supporters,even during the friendlies for Christ sake.

Lets all take a deep breath and give the Boys the time and support to find their feet in the CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Nowhere in my post did I have a go at the players - and will try very hard not to - it was more the formation they were asked to play.

Agree with what you are saying.

Yes, it does shut during the game.
On to the game.
The season will be long and frustrating if the full time teams get the decisions - how you can wrestle an a player to ground with a WWE move and not be sent off is beyond me.
That aside, I am not a fan of the formation we played for 65 minutes as we do not create enough, better chances were had when we changed from the five at the back (granted two wingbacks but they rarely got out). Everyone put a shift in, including the subs.
A couple of training sessions and onto the league......finally.

I wouldn't call not getting a stone wall penalty on shepherd getting the decisions. Among quite a few others. Ref made mistakes, as they always do on both sides

16 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I wouldn't call not getting a stone wall penalty on shepherd getting the decisions. Among quite a few others. Ref made mistakes, as they always do on both sides

Fair enough. 

Shepherd deserved it anyway as he was gash when with us a couple of years back. 

27 minutes ago, AstroZombie said:

Cold Feet, i was definitly not having a go at you,just at some of the former high level professional players that stand on the terraces at The Glebe:rolleyes:.

Of those we have many, mostly form a gone by time when men were men.

We need to believe in ourselves and our ability n keep the fucking ball,raise our heads n pick a pass.that in itself will give us half a chance in every game.it doesn't matter wats said by whom on the sidelines ex pros(who done shit themselves) don't hav a shout

4 minutes ago, slangs said:

We need to believe in ourselves and our ability n keep the fucking ball,raise our heads n pick a pass.that in itself will give us half a chance in every game.it doesn't matter wats said by whom on the sidelines ex pros(who done shit themselves) don't hav a shout

Yeah i was being sarcastic about the ex pro thing

Doubt any of them have kicked a ball in anger!:lol:

I know we re gonna need to live within our means and budget but does anyone else think we gotta get a striker in ...Our current score rate means we ll score 9 goals all season ha ha ... Na seriously though we gotta gamble a wee bit! the now n again fans need entertained to keep them keen . 

2 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I know we re gonna need to live within our means and budget but does anyone else think we gotta get a striker in ...Our current score rate means we ll score 9 goals all season ha ha ... Na seriously though we gotta gamble a wee bit! the now n again fans need entertained to keep them keen . 

We need a selfish striker !!!!  ;).....Someone who is willing to shoot on sight. ......f**k this trying to walk the ball into the net pish. 

22 hours ago, AstroZombie said:

Yeah i was being sarcastic about the ex pro thing

Doubt any of them have kicked a ball in anger!:lol:

Yeah I got that.

I also think a few weeks without midweek games will help as more time on the training ground - as Dods stated they have not had much of this.

Archived