Brechin City Season 2017/2018

As a neutral how did game go ? We re gonna take time to settle as a team I think defence will come good ( itll fu*king have too:whistle) but its blatantly obvious we need more up front Jackos great for us but hes nvr gonna score 15  a season ..Isaacs maybe trying too hard he has something about him but thats 4 or 5 games now and folk keep saying the same about him... 

As a neutral, to me it didn't seem that the teams are two divisions. Euan Spark and Finn Graham seem like good players, Crighton at the back was good as well.

Stirling were far more of a threat with the pace of Morrison down the right wing and just seemed like the team that were going to win the game. Brechin are void of a real attacking presence/threat, that's plain to see.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

As a neutral how did game go ? We re gonna take time to settle as a team I think defence will come good ( itll fu*king have too:whistle) but its blatantly obvious we need more up front Jackos great for us but hes nvr gonna score 15  a season ..Isaacs maybe trying too hard he has something about him but thats 4 or 5 games now and folk keep saying the same about him... 

If you guys can find a 15 goal a season striker for the budget you've got then give us a shout. Chris Kane is easily the best striker we've had in this divison and he managed 10 in his first spell and 5 in his second, and even then the club were in a position to finance the move due to prize money and cup money recieved. 15 goal strikers at this level won't usually sign for the part time sides.

That was desperately poor tonight, all over the park. It looked as if we had just cobbled 11 guys together last minute. There was no communication, poor passing, no creativity.

Don't like to single out players but Isaac had a mare. I didn't realise how much of a lack of positional sense he has off the ball during his first spell. With the ball, he works hard to try and make things happen but needs to learn when to release the ball and to have a bit more composure when shooting. A few glorious chances came his way tonight and he wasn't close with any of them. It's affecting Jacko as he's constantly having to tell Isaac what to do and he's clearly getting frustrated by his inability to pass the ball at the right time.

But like I said all over the park we were 2nd best tonight against the supposed weakest team in the group. Hoping for a much improved performance against Falkirk on Saturday.

We really are a shambles, a shadow of the team at the start of last year, replaced trouten with layne is looking like verging on insanity, think trouten has scored 5 goals already this year, I'm not sure issac will get 5 all season, defence looks all over the place playing 3 at the back can we try a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 ? McLean is wasted at cb, new guys not filling me with any confidence, how can we get promoted and release our most creative player, and lose another important player to our part time rivels! There's no excuse if the budget has stayed the same as im led to believe, that's down to management and player identification, just because a player plays well in a certain team in a certain league doesn't mean he will play well in our team in the championship!! We are far to lightweight, to many of the same players doing the same thing wrong! We need a creative player in the midfield it's not rocket science we have good legs in there but no footballing brain,we are terrible to watch we play zero football, get it sorted or it's goin to be a horrible season, 

Said it last season and will say it again Dodds is clueless when putting a team together.Letting Trouten go is a big mistake,a creative player that we are screaming out for and he's already banging in the goals for Albion Rovers.What has happened to Patrick Cregg the creative one we are looking for.I hope I'm wrong as I think it will be a defensive system this season to stop us getting a hammering each game.I would rather the team go out and at least try to attack.

I m as guilty as nxt person for panicking and opening my gob after a defeat . I do think we have good set of players..But need to switch things about Sparks in my opinion better in midfield against Forfar he ran all night .. And Fusco n Pabs have been excellent so far so i think defensively we ll do ok . Just up front its dire but lets not hassle Isaac he has to be encouraged.. Guys like him need confidence ...Just mind Ken Eadie s start at Brechin then look how it went . But hopefully get a young buck on loan to help up front 

Same wages or less I'm lead to believe.its all about being in the black, we would have received a sum for getting promoted but small clubs need investment so they can try and attract the players we desire which is difficult if we don't pay more.i would like to know how the board are thinking.so unless they still have a plan we're left with what we've got.agree with most on here.lets get behind the lads so they can give it a go

Same wages or less I'm lead to believe.its all about being in the black, we would have received a sum for getting promoted but small clubs need investment so they can try and attract the players we desire which is difficult if we don't pay more.i would like to know how the board are thinking.so unless they still have a plan we're left with what we've got.

Get Issac layne to f**k, he's a useless lazy c**t

If you are going to criticise individual players then at least make it constructive, or even better just stop posting.

Isaac was incredibly frustrating last night but spouting bile like that on here or shouting abuse at the game will not help his confidence at all.

I was fairly surprised that Trouten left Brechin, think he'd have done well in The Championship for you. 

I think the majority of us thought that too!

Just to complete the bingo card of 'reasons why we got beat' the referee and the nearside linesman had mares too. 22 fouls Brechin committed, a lot of them very soft In my opinion

14 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

I think the majority of us thought that too!

Just to complete the bingo card of 'reasons why we got beat' the referee and the nearside linesman had mares too. 22 fouls Brechin committed, a lot of them very soft In my opinion

At least you didn't have your best player sent off for calling the linesman an idiot though, so every cloud and all that!

Sounds like the games between our two sides will be thrillers...Two teams who are solid enough defensively, but overly reliant on one man up front. Happy days.

I was fairly surprised that Trouten left Brechin, think he'd have done well in The Championship for you. 

Other than the playoffs he was anonymous last season and was becoming far too injury prone. Great player on his day but too much of a risk to take into the Championship.

39 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Other than the playoffs he was anonymous last season and was becoming far too injury prone. Great player on his day but too much of a risk to take into the Championship.

That much of a risk hes just banged in a hat trick against a premier team ... Ye some weeks though it was like he was fed up.. But him n Jacko had a great understanding defo a big miss ...

No, we have not yet had a consistent starting 11 - no two weeks have we had the same team. There are those that will need a bit of time to settle in but there are others who should warm the bench.

I would like to see a settled team / system that works. However I am not seeing much of a goal threat. Trouten did not a lot last season for us and was injured more often than not - I can see why we moved him on - he will be injured by September.

Archived