Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Dont drink and post you know it makes sense:thumsup2

Say it too ma face ya City c*×t :lol:.

Yes hopefully Dandies bring a big crowd after good result on Thurs and showing off they re latest signing..Boost our coffers a bit ..wonder if we ll have any more trialists ? Still needing another option up front

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Shut it FUD:lol:

Right OUTSIDE the fooking lot of youse.....:lol::lol:                                                                                                                                                                                                                Hope theres a decent crowd today and hope this rain goes off.....a wee drink in the club then out to roar on the City. Cant think of too many better ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

We really need to sort our defending from set pieces, it's horrendous. Once we get a settled back line and McGeever and Crighton develop an understanding with each other then this will hopefully improve.

Superb strike from Ally Love.

If Issac does not up his work rate or learn from those on the pitch trying to give him advice I suspect Messers Love will start ahead of him.

Appreciate holidays and suspensions have not helped but I would like to see a settled team on the park - been a bit chop and change over the last few weeks.

5 hours ago, 'Steve said:

We really need to sort our defending from set pieces, it's horrendous. Once we get a settled back line and McGeever and Crighton develop an understanding with each other then this will hopefully improve.

Superb strike from Ally Love.

Tonight was the standard pumping from Aberdeen, the goals we lost where again from set pieces, I'm less worried this year as we seem to have a bit more height in the team, could still do with a 6ft + Center midfielder to through his weight about in there I still feel we are way to lightweight 

2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

If Issac does not up his work rate or learn from those on the pitch trying to give him advice I suspect Messers Love will start ahead of him.

Appreciate holidays and suspensions have not helped but I would like to see a settled team on the park - been a bit chop and change over the last few weeks.

I am sure the management team are starting to suss out who the main contenders for starting places are.   Friendlies are surely for trying different things out especially those who have not really featured or  been on holiday , no ? 

Another 2 pre season matches next week to start working towards the finished article. 

I don't know what people are expecting from Isaac.  His match fitness is improving and the trickery will only get better with confidence. He adds something we have been missing for years that is individuality. He was a bit predictable today against some very experienced defenders but I am confident he will be a big influence once the league games start. 

I also thought Euan Spark was excellent when he came on.  He is certainly gaining confidence with each match. 

Pre season friendlies are all about trying out new formations and getting match fitness new players getting to know each other which is why we really shouldn't look too much into the results.Same goes for the new league cup format most teams treating it like pre season.

9 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I am sure the management team are starting to suss out who the main contenders for starting places are.   Friendlies are surely for trying different things out especially those who have not really featured or  been on holiday , no ? 

Another 2 pre season matches next week to start working towards the finished article. 

I don't know what people are expecting from Isaac.  His match fitness is improving and the trickery will only get better with confidence. He adds something we have been missing for years that is individuality. He was a bit predictable today against some very experienced defenders but I am confident he will be a big influence once the league games start. 

I also thought Euan Spark was excellent when he came on.  He is certainly gaining confidence with each match. 

Were you at Farfar game ? Does nt sound like you were . Every chance Isaac had to play a mate in he passed by .. 

I like Isaac a lot and want him too do well but its a team game and hes not taking advice on board..But then he pops up we a 30 yarder . I d start we Ally Love on Tuesday he earned his chance yesterday .. 

Its early days though and Isaac will get better . We re all positive about our team and llike you say Spark could be the new Fusco ..

6 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Were you at Farfar game ? Does nt sound like you were . Every chance Isaac had to play a mate in he passed by .. 

I like Isaac a lot and want him too do well but its a team game and hes not taking advice on board..But then he pops up we a 30 yarder . I d start we Ally Love on Tuesday he earned his chance yesterday .. 

Its early days though and Isaac will get better . We re all positive about our team and llike you say Spark could be the new Fusco ..

This is what Scottish football is missing. Nobody ever called Jimmy Johnstone greedy for doing exactly what Isaac is trying. Knock the creativity  out of players and you are left with 11 Barry Ferguson's. Nobody needs negative sideways passes. 

Yes I was at the Farfar game and seem to recall the best chance of the game falling to Spark after a great mazy run and pass from Isaac. He has the ability and the strength . All he needs is a bit of confidence and his fitness level to improve . Once the fitness is there , the awareness and ability to read the game gets easier. 

Archived