Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a lesson in keeping the ball . Good runout though... Young Sparks coming on fine ..Thought Ally Love perked us up a bit Isaac was poor far too greedy .. Dods needs to nip that right now ...Dundee s a strong team and when you seen theyre bench full of quality.... Get Cregg signed he was really good

Second half was a big improvement, get Cregg signed and I think whoever was number 14 too, looked keen and really put the pressure on, Isaac has some strength on him and is good on the ball, seems to have heavy feet though. Miles better than at montrose on the weekend though.

2 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Well that was a lesson in keeping the ball . Good runout though... Young Sparks coming on fine ..Thought Ally Love perked us up a bit Isaac was poor far too greedy .. Dods needs to nip that right now ...Dundee s a strong team and when you seen theyre bench full of quality.... Get Cregg signed he was really good

Thought we were a bit better in the second half. Fusco continuing where he left off last season . The man has no fear . Not sure if I agree about Isaac. I never buy into this greedy lark.  When there is nothing on there is no point in passing it for passing sake. He showed a few times that taking a player on can create opportunities.  My only criticism is that the trigger wasn't pulled before the ball was lost. That was the same for a few players.  We have to start shooting at the earliest opportunity and stop trying to walk it in.  Other than that I thought we played the ball about well at times.  As you say a good run out for all the players.  

Cregg very neat and tidy on the ball, would definitely sign him up even if he isn't really the type of central midfielder we are needing. Would allow the likes of Finn to play further up the park.

Agreed cregg looked more than able,

Issac is my new caldwell, so frustrating to watch

ally love I'm still not convinced, he seems to give the ball away every time he gets it, 

fusco and pabz did ok, 

was a bit of a lesson in football but it's all about the fitness at this time of year

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Thought we were a bit better in the second half. Fusco continuing where he left off last season . The man has no fear . Not sure if I agree about Isaac. I never buy into this greedy lark.  When there is nothing on there is no point in passing it for passing sake. He showed a few times that taking a player on can create opportunities.  My only criticism is that the trigger wasn't pulled before the ball was lost. That was the same for a few players.  We have to start shooting at the earliest opportunity and stop trying to walk it in.  Other than that I thought we played the ball about well at times.  As you say a good run out for all the players.  

Jacko was fizzing with Isaac 2 or 3 times a pass would ve been better option ..Saying that he was up against Prem defenders . But yes need to start hitting the ball and taking our half chances.. Fusco n pabs were good... Not overly concerned about defence just a poacher required 

Agree with much of what has been said.

Issac would be better if he passed a few more times but looks like a decent signing (not near a Caldwell). He and others need to pull the trigger quicker.

We again were good at moving the ball around, when we had it. Dundee did this well too and had more pace than us with quality - Spence particularly caught the eye.

Defensively we are ok but five at the back? This is what we will be doing most of the season with wing backs who rarely get out. 

Agree re 8 and 14 to sign.

We are already without Watt, Ford, Smith, McGeaver (suspended) for Inverness so may have to get those two signed up to boost numbers.

14 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Agreed cregg looked more than able,

Issac is my new caldwell, so frustrating to watch

ally love I'm still not convinced, he seems to give the ball away every time he gets it, 

fusco and pabz did ok, 

was a bit of a lesson in football but it's all about the fitness at this time of year

If Caldwell had half of Isaac's desire and talent then he might still be with a senior club.

Isaac is still trying to find his feet after a frustrating season of injury and rejection. It is really unfair to judge him after just a couple of bounce games. His performance and match fitness is getting better by each game . His awareness will also improve with fitness. What we have seen is by no means the finished article. 

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If Caldwell had half of Isaac's desire and talent then he might still be with a senior club.

Isaac is still trying to find his feet after a frustrating season of injury and rejection. It is really unfair to judge him after just a couple of bounce games. His performance and match fitness is getting better by each game . His awareness will also improve with fitness. What we have seen is by no means the finished article. 

Where is Caldwell these days? Mainly asking so I can keep the transfer thread up to date!

31 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Was noted as a trialist for East Kilbride this week I remember seeing.

That would seem to be his level. Given the quality of the LL, I'd imagine he'd bang in 25+ down there too.

Well Dundee we're near bottom of the premier last season so that's championship level and going by the reports we were played of the park with players not knowing when to shoot or pass. It's going to be a long season.

Well Dundee we're near bottom of the premier last season so that's championship level and going by the reports we were played of the park with players not knowing when to shoot or pass. It's going to be a long season.

So you weren't there?

Played off the park is simply not true.

We do have ball players I'm hoping that's going to be the way we play. It's certainly the way we will need too. No kick n rush this season.Does anyone think there's a chance of playing 2 up top with midfielder in behind.

We are already without Watt, Ford, Smith, McGeaver (suspended) for Inverness so may have to get those two signed up to boost numbers.

It's McGeever, O'Neill, Dale and Finn who are suspended which is even worse! We've got cover in defence but the absence of Dale and Finn leaves a big hole to fill in the middle of the park, especially with Watt out injured.

It's going to be a long season reading negative pish like this anyway. Dundee are an established premier league side with a big squad, so much so that they were able to make 8 substitutions and every single one of them were established pros.

This season is going to be tough, we will be on the end of some heavy beatings. We're going into a league of full time sides whilst we are going in with a side on an average league 1 budget. We'll have to battle and grind out some results, if you are looking for free flowing football then you are going to be disappointed. Let's be realistic here.

8 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

It's McGeever, O'Neill, Dale and Finn who are suspended which is even worse! We've got cover in defence but the absence of Dale and Finn leaves a big hole to fill in the middle of the park, especially with Watt out injured.

Fusco will come to the rescue again . Dods at the back with Fusco pushed into the middle of the park. ;)

It's going to be a long season reading negative pish like this anyway. Dundee are an established premier league side with a big squad, so much so that they were able to make 8 substitutions and every single one of them were established pros.

This season is going to be tough, we will be on the end of some heavy beatings. We're going into a league of full time sides whilst we are going in with a side on an average league 1 budget. We'll have to battle and grind out some results, if you are looking for free flowing football then you are going to be disappointed. Let's be realistic here.

Archived