Brechin City Season 2017/2018

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

We didn't beat any of the top three teams last year yet Ayr turned over Hibs at Easter Road. Can't get too down about the odd humping, Glebe Park will be new to many of the players in the league and you can go to some away games with no pressure (eg Tannadice), sit in to frustrate and maybe sneak the odd result. Also, losing to Brechin is likely to be the end of someone'e managerial career at some point in the season so you're bound to witness some tremendous meltdowns. 

Ha ha ha i like it .. But we have been in business 111 years now we re hardly new to the leagues and Scottish football. That ll be 9 managers out of a job first 9 games :lol:.. I m sure we ll do away fine .. Not saying we ll take the league by storm either but once we find our feet we ll do ok...We will have to keep our discipline though need 11 players on parj every game ... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for us to relax. We hav nothing to prove to anyone bar ourselves and hopefully most of us are realistic enuf to realise that. We wanted wat we've achieved. We punch above our weight in league one every season,so this is a fantastic opportunity for us to watch our team in the championship and enjoy the season mon the City

Erm Dundee Utds youth system. That is why he is looking to go part time but only if he secures the youth coaching role.
Mind I told you first.
[emoji14]

Doh, yeah that's makes sense! Article isn't worded the best haha!

He did say he wants to play but doesn't want to move! He and Dods played together at united of course, what a catch that would be!

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

Erm Dundee Utds youth system. That is why he is looking to go part time but only if he secures the youth coaching role.

Mind I told you first.

:P

Ah got ya . That d be like arrangement we had with Barry Smith ..

Was with Dundee United then on loan with Forfar. Signed for us last summer but I don't think he ever played in the first team. Spent the second half of the season on loan at Berwick.

All I know for sure is he was reasonable when I signed him in my FM17 save in the top tier in the Netherlands. That was season 2021/22 though...

Ewan spark?????? Says on Wikipedia he played 16 games, and is a right back?

we have 3-4 right backs, crazy signing, 

last season was great , not looking forward to next year at all. Surly we can attract some decent names? We're a championship team now, 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Literally the first time I've ever said anything about anyone you've signed?

Sorry i thought it was you who said Mcgeever was rubbish .. Must ve been someone else i apologise..

In my head I thought he was a midfielder. Agree re 'do we need another right back' One note is that Steve Campbell worked with him for several years and would know what he can offer, maybe we are all missing something. Like all our signings he will be judged on his performances.

Whilst Dillon might be a good signing, where would he play? Would he make up a back three? If we go for a back three that means we will likely have a back five...... 

Still looking forward to the games ahead. :blink:

Sorry i thought it was you who said Mcgeever was rubbish .. Must ve been someone else i apologise..

Sorry. I did actually, you've no need to apologise, the SECOND time then, and to be fair I said when he was with us he was. He came in the second half of the season where we threw away that incredible lead I'm sure.

BUT I did say that he's obviously improved as it looks like he's done well the last 2 seasons in League One so was praise in their too.

Fwiw I have no agenda against Brechin mate no need to worry. ;)

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sorry. I did actually, you've no need to apologise, the SECOND time then, and to be fair I said when he was with us he was. He came in the second half of the season where we threw away that incredible lead I'm sure.

BUT I did say that he's obviously improved as it looks like he's done well the last 2 seasons in League One so was praise in their too.

Fwiw I have no agenda against Brechin mate no need to worry. ;)

I m maybe paranoid all my workmates are Lichties . And just harp on about us being a village team n piss poor crowds all the time... ha ha .. 

Archived