Elgin City 2017/18 Season

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the manager situation is confirmed. And we're always slow to do summer business. I remember a couple of years ago we went into the first cup game v Stirling Albion with about 13 fit and signed players. Still worrying though.

Silence deafening. Heard north based players refusing to travel south for midweek training. Early days I know but it is all a bit worrying.

If they are refusing to travel GTTF.
Perth based players traveled to Inverness if am not mistaken midweek last season

Elgin look to be going about their business very quietly (Silently, perhaps), but it must be remembered that the core of the squad that has been re-signed really does contain some players of marvellous quality, none moreso than the majestic Brian Cameron.

With the majority of League Two clubs biding their time there is plenty on the market yet, and if Elgin can go on to add more depth throughout the Summer then surely they could yet be contenders for promotion. I'd go as far as saying that with the right additions they could well be up there with the other great sides who've played in black and white at this level, such as the late, great, goddamn 2006/2007 Queen's Park team.

Auld Git. It is a fair point you make. However you could argue they play for Elgin and asking them to travel to Perth midweek as it is more convenient for management/ south players is a big ask. The local players will have turned down good money from HL sides to play for their local SFL team and in some cases higher league teams, who they may well have been off to if travelling was not an issue. A dilemma indeed!

Archived