Elgin City 2017/18 Season

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was thinking he might be a bit of a problem now and again heard he had knee problems before.

our managment staff just signed new contracts so if hes based in glasgow or that area he may be training our south based players possibly

18 hours ago, Cel123 said:

What you you say was Elgin's best ever season ??

Overall, probably 1967/68 season, reached Scottish Cup quarter finals, although in my lifetime the John Teasdale team of 1992/93 was a great team to watch.

Since joining Scottish league, 2015/16 season, finishing 2nd, 

Usual pre season stuff. County had most of the possession but never created too much. We had a couple of 10 minute spells when we created a couple of chances where we were unlucky to score. They took on 7 subs and us 4 at HT. We had 4 trialists none outstanding, McKinnon at left back did ok and looks a bit fitter than last time he was with us. Centre Half also worth another look. We looked bit light weight up front but not best of games to judge us going forward. Was impressed by McGovern who worked well with Reilly. Cameron was playing in hole between midfield and front but not really in game. Cooper played at CH and thought he played quite well even though his distribution was usual standard. All in all a good work out but bit early to draw any conclusions. Off the field game was watched by 600 plus, new toilet block being built and downstairs bar being refurbished which is all good.

I though McKinnon played well and don't think we'll miss McPhee if he doesn't re-sign. I heard that the triallist at RB is Weir's nephew and was OK. Triallist at CB also worth a second chance, but don't know about triallist who replace McKinnon. McGovern was probably our best player and I liked Wilson when he came on. As I've previously said I'm pleased with Waters in goals and he also had a good game. McLeish had more success up front than Ferguson, but that could be because he played against a different line up.

Archived