ADL Season 17/18

2 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Muirkirk, Irvine Vics called off just as the teams were due to start their warmup. Frozen down one touchline. According to a mate that plays for Vics, doing the warmup in that area would probably have made it playable

a copy of what I've just posted in the GAMES OFF thread :

I travelled all the way from Aberdeenshire by public transport for this one. Before train number 1 had got to Glasgow I got a reply from Muirkirk that it was On, so I continued with train 2 to Ayr then the 80-minute bus ride. Had there been any doubt, I would have diverted to a Plan B fixture somewhere around Glasgow instead.

Beautiful weather in Muirkirk upon arrival 45 minutes before KO. Made the pilgrimage hike up to the ruins of the old ground. Got back 15 minutes before KO to see folks driving away and was told "The ref acted as if he wanted to be somewhere else. He called it off for one small patch in the shadow of the trees. Even though the players have shown that it takes a stud, he wouldn't even put his boots on. Both sets of players and managers wanted to play, but he wasn't having any of it." As I was being told this, players were training on the park, including in the so-called unplayable area. Nobody died.

Ridiculous. This is as good as it gets up there in the winter months, and a jobsworth / CBA ref is calling it off. SIGH. 

Sounds like somebody wanted to be in front of the TV watching the rugby. Perhaps the explanation for some of the other 'unusual' PPs today too?

Oh well, it took me 7 hours to get there. Same to get back home. And I've had no footy to show for it.

I struggle with depression, with the novelty of going to a different match each Saturday being the only ray of hope in my otherwise miserable life. And then some numpty of a ref goes and does this. I hope you are feeling very proud of yourself, sir.

Plus, of course, for the host club another week passes without any income.

NOT amused...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ayrshirejuniors said:

As Much as I personally doubted the craigmark committess choice in manager at the start of the season, I must admit he has done a great job and proven any doubters wrong fair.

He is a very nice guy and would never walk past you.

Who is the manager? Is it Greg Gallagher?

Brilliant [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They did really well yesterday and you can see they are full of confidence..

All the best to Spank , Greg , Lloyd and Keith... they are doing a great job and refreshing to see on a limited budget [emoji1303][emoji460]️

28 minutes ago, Ginola97 said:

Brilliant emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

All the best to Spank , Greg , Lloyd and Keith... they are doing a great job and refreshing to see on a limited budget emoji1303.pngemoji460.png

Aye I hope craigmark go up especially now the ex Darvel connection 

1 hour ago, Ginola97 said:

All the best to Spank , Greg , Lloyd and Keith... they are doing a great job and refreshing to see on a limited budget emoji1303.pngemoji460.png

Credit to the Craigmark committee given Ian spank patterson a chance.

how was the  game yesterday ?. Do you think Craigmark have enough to go up ginola?.

1 hour ago, Ginola97 said:

I previously said that I fully expected their bubble to burst, might have to retract that statement. They do however still have to play each of the teams around them again.

I’ve only seen them in a couple of games but the young lads Greg & Lloyd appear to be the ones taking the team from what I’ve seen of them around the dug out. Whatever the management team & committee are doing fair play to them & wish them all the best.

Archived