ADL Season 17/18

1 hour ago, sweep said:

It is not lack of ambition it lack of realism by those who think it is a good idea. Five extra games per year. So say we get weather like we have had this year .How would some teams ever be able to complete their season. Five extra games on parks that cannot cope with the amount of games on them at present. That is O.K for teams with astro or teams whose pitches are looked after by the council. Teams like Whitletts who proposed this. They have no extra work. They pay their rent for the pitch and facilities and walk away. What about Dalry, annbank, Muirkirk and others will their pitches take another five games. I agree with Cancellera It is a recipe for disaster.

Are there not plans to drop the ardagh / league cups? There was a real fear that the formation of the adl would be the death knell for a number of clubs and that hasn't materialised. Get the league started at the beginning of August on good pitches with midweek games and increase interest, crowds and revenue.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are there not plans to drop the ardagh / league cups? There was a real fear that the formation of the adl would be the death knell for a number of clubs and that hasn't materialised. Get the league started at the beginning of August on good pitches with midweek games and increase interest, crowds and revenue.

Dropping the Ardagh only means doing away with much needed gate revenue to the smaller clubs.Meaning that the smaller clubs don't get to play the bigger clubs at the start of the season. This revenue helps clubs pay signing on fees and is vital. This whole proposal smacks of keeping the money within the elite clubs and f**k the rest.Sad to say but disaster looms for the Junior game in Scotland and that day is fast approaching aided and abetted by this crazy League reconstruction

I agree entirely Drop the ardagh cup and teams like Muirkirk  Lugar and Kello face big losses not playing  Cumnock Talbot and the Glens.

Why should the 3 teams you mention get a guarantee of Talbot, Cumnock and Glens every season?

55 minutes ago, sweep said:

I agree entirely Drop the ardagh cup and teams like Muirkirk  Lugar and Kello face big losses not playing  Cumnock Talbot and the Glens.

On 30/01/2018 at 23:56, sweep said:

It is not lack of ambition it lack of realism by those who think it is a good idea. Five extra games per year. So say we get weather like we have had this year .How would some teams ever be able to complete their season. Five extra games on parks that cannot cope with the amount of games on them at present. That is O.K for teams with astro or teams whose pitches are looked after by the council. Teams like Whitletts who proposed this. They have no extra work. They pay their rent for the pitch and facilities and walk away. What about Dalry, annbank, Muirkirk and others will their pitches take another five games. I agree with Cancellera It is a recipe for disaster.

Right, sit doon for a wee minute and think about what you want.

First you’re saying more games is a death knell. Eh? Your season’s usually done by early April. 

Then when you realise the big games are going, you need the money.

Aye maybe you’re right. Just leave things as they are. Your club is obviously thriving!

I think it's good for all the teams, shite playing the same teams year in year out b good to play different teams, me like other players enjoy they trips away to Glasgow area etc. Also it baffles me with the so-called smaller teams saying it won't benefit u and will be the death I really don't think it will be to me it makes the league more attractive so u could attract better players or even young up n coming players, I know I knocked back playing the adl for years and stayed amateur as I never rated the league don't get me wrong the last 5-6 year roughly has been competitive but when I was younger I never rates the likes of Darvel Saltcoats Annbank etc, now u have Glasgow teams in it makes it more interesting for a player to come play in the league

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Right, sit doon for a wee minute and think about what you want.

First you’re saying more games is a death knell. Eh? Your season’s usually done by early April. 

Then when you realise the big games are going, you need the money.

Aye maybe you’re right. Just leave things as they are. Your club is obviously thriving!

Time alone will tell but I see one or two clubs going to the wall. Imagine  Ayrshire league teams having the possiible expense of facing  Dunipace , Vale of leven, Greenock, Port Glasgow away from home.  I am trying to put an authentic point across . Will more people watch Lugar Newmains or Lugar Whitletts.   Lugar voted for change In my opinion they were wrong to do so

13 minutes ago, sweep said:

Time alone will tell but I see one or two clubs going to the wall. Imagine  Ayrshire league teams having the possiible expense of facing  Dunipace , Vale of leven, Greenock, Port Glasgow away from home.  I am trying to put an authentic point across . Will more people watch Lugar Newmains or Lugar Whitletts.   Lugar voted for change In my opinion they were wrong to do so

But the status quo will keep everyone alive?

Extra games didn’t seem to be a problem when Cumnock was paying rent to use your pitch.

3 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Extra games didn’t seem to be a problem when Cumnock was paying rent to use your pitch.

What rent? I was lead to believe they paid for the lining of the park and the cutting etc

What rent? I was lead to believe they paid for the lining of the park and the cutting etc

You’ll no better than me what the deal was, but the point was that you managed with both teams playing a full season at Lugar, now 5 extra games is a problem

22 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

You’ll no better than me what the deal was, but the point was that you managed with both teams playing a full season at Lugar, now 5 extra games is a problem

It’s baloney. Just an excuse to moan and oppose any kind of change. If and when the game dies, these kind of folk are to blame.

It’s baloney. Just an excuse to moan and oppose any kind of change. If and when the game dies, these kind of folk are to blame.

The only baloney is that there is no young blood coming through in to committees and people like Sweep are the folk that keep the game going.Methinks you are being very disrespectful. Change is not always a good thing

6 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

The weather that year was a lot better than this year.   We can hardly manage to get our own games on.  However we have only five left at home. As I said before you pay your cash and walk away. No divots , no cutting, no rolling, no lining of the pitch, no nets to put up and take down, no cleaning of clubhouse, no electricity bills, no water rates, no maintenance of pavilion you just walk away but now you want to burden teams with more expense.  As I said before, Lugar voted for it. In my opinion it will see a few clubs fold I would never have voted for it and JD knows that.

The weather that year was a lot better than this year.   We can hardly manage to get our own games on.  However we have only five left at home. As I said before you pay your cash and walk away. No divots , no cutting, no rolling, no lining of the pitch, no nets to put up and take down, no cleaning of clubhouse, no electricity bills, no water rates, no maintenance of pavilion you just walk away but now you want to burden teams with more expense.  As I said before, Lugar voted for it. In my opinion it will see a few clubs fold I would never have voted for it and JD knows that.

You would be surprised how much money Whitletts have put into Dam Park. We pay Rent, have installed fridges, pie heaters, a tv, pay the tv license and got an outside tv aerial installed. Dam Park had no dug outs when we moved there, we installed them at considerable cost, only for them to be destroyed in high winds, and need replacing already. Thats just off the top of my head, probably a lot more than i know about. And i know for a fact that JD would love to be in Lugars position and have a ground that we can call our own even with all the costs associated with that

4 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

You would be surprised how much money Whitletts have put into Dam Park. We pay Rent, have installed fridges, pie heaters, a tv, pay the tv license and got an outside tv aerial installed. Dam Park had no dug outs when we moved there, we installed them at considerable cost, only for them to be destroyed in high winds, and need replacing already. Thats just off the top of my head, probably a lot more than i know about. And i know for a fact that JD would love to be in Lugars position and have a ground that we can call our own even with all the costs associated with that

the only thing u havent got is a team capable of getting out the ADL 

Ah,wondered why you weren't using the dugouts this year

Archived