ADL Season 17/18

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking entertainment at Kilwinning Sports Club this afternoon for my neutral's day out. 0-0 at the break, 0-1 Annbank then a harsh Dalry sending off and an immediate soft pen (goalie took the ball) for 0-2. 0-3 looked offside. Ref not the locals' favourite! Then the 10 men rallied themselves coming back to win it 4-3 in stoppage time !
The 3-3 equalizer just before the end of normal time was celebrated so strongly that one of the loons on the veranda came through the wooden front rail bringing the broken fence panel with him when landing on the bench below before continuing onto the tarmac. The bench that I was sitting on! But thankfully just missed me. Could have been a nasty incident. He dusted himself off and seemed uninjured.
Crowd 85 by my headcount.

As Jim Royle would say...... Neutral my Arse !!! [emoji848]????

I was also there (2nd half only) as a neutral and what an amazing 45 mins. Referee wss abysmal with most decisions seeming to go Annbank's way which they capitalised on to go into a comfortable 3-0 lead.With Dalry down to 10 men and posing little up front ot looked like the 3 points were sealed. After the 1st goal however panic set in and even then I said to mate if they got a quick 2nd they would win the game. Great entertainment for the neutral and I did see the narrow miss when the Dalry fan fell through the fence/railing. Could have been nasty but luckily nobody got hurt.

2 hours ago, Ginola97 said:

As Jim Royle would say...... Neutral my Arse !!! 

Sorry G but Leeds Phil is indeed a neutral. He's a guy from up north who picks a different game each week. Met him at Muirkirk when Vics were scheduled to play there, then game got called off just before kick off.

T

1 hour ago, outoftownballer said:

Looks like Lugar will finish 5th (best of the rest) good achievement and moving in the right direction,

Lugar have played very well in their last two games at Craigmark and the Vics . I thought today Lugar showed a lot of football but lacked a killer touch.

Sorry G but Leeds Phil is indeed a neutral. He's a guy from up north who picks a different game each week. Met him at Muirkirk when Vics were scheduled to play there, then game got called off just before kick off.
T

Ok tombo .. fair enough ... been a long season...

With the budgets at hand, Dalry, Whittlets & Irvine Vics should have been thrown out of football if they didn’t go up , success stories in the ADL this season has to be Craigmark & Lugar, combined budgets in comparison to the teams mentioned above is minuscule, REAL community sides who battle long and hard for every point & £ they earn [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

With the budgets at hand, Dalry, Whittlets & Irvine Vics should have been thrown out of football if they didn’t go up , success stories in the ADL this season has to be Craigmark & Lugar, combined budgets in comparison to the teams mentioned above is minuscule, REAL community sides who battle long and hard for every point & £ they earn [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

[emoji1589]

Common Terry how much have you guys spunked trying to get out that league ?? Add to that, how many managers have you hired to get you out that league ??? You guys proposed the change to the set up ? So thousands spent , managers come and go like the Ayr via Tarbolton bus, new set up proposed by you guys and it gets passed ???? honestly will you no be embarrassed if you don’t go up this season ????

33 minutes ago, Appraisal said:

Common Terry how much have you guys spunked trying to get out that league ?? Add to that, how many managers have you hired to get you out that league ??? You guys proposed the change to the set up ? So thousands spent , managers come and go like the Ayr via Tarbolton bus, new set up proposed by you guys and it gets passed honestly will you no be embarrassed if you don’t go up this season ????

They should be embarrassed even if they do go up...

10 hours ago, Appraisal said:

With the budgets at hand, Dalry, Whittlets & Irvine Vics should have been thrown out of football if they didn’t go up , success stories in the ADL this season has to be Craigmark & Lugar, combined budgets in comparison to the teams mentioned above is minuscule, REAL community sides who battle long and hard for every point & £ they earn emoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

You can scratch Irvine Vics off your list of teams with the biggest budget. I also think you would be surprised what a lot of these other teams pay their players as know that players they have wouldn' play for nothing even though they like to tell everyone that they do.

11 minutes ago, iPhone said:

I do think if whitletts go up this season they will be good enough to stay up. And if they don’t go up they def will the following season...

For it’s the same old song 

I hope they go up as they are not very good 

5 hours ago, Beng24310 said:

You can scratch Irvine Vics off your list of teams with the biggest budget. I also think you would be surprised what a lot of these other teams pay their players as know that players they have wouldn' play for nothing even though they like to tell everyone that they do.

Cheers Beng,for dispelling the myth that the Vics are awash with cash. We have to fight for every penny given our noisy neighbours inflated status in the town. 3 of the 4 preseason signings that the Vics made last year were amateurs and Jamie Anderson left cos we couldn't give him the cash what Dalry were offering.

T

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

For it’s the same old song 

I hope they go up as they are not very good 

Should fit in quite well then with the likes of Darvel this weather... 

certainly wont be any worse.

16 minutes ago, Bakkali said:

Just a question, would you rather play us on the small park at KSC or our home park?

Was saying yesterday that junior football shouldnt be allowed to play on a park as small as the one at KSC.

Maybe KSC can't afford anymore damage to their property?:P

Common Terry how much have you guys spunked trying to get out that league ?? Add to that, how many managers have you hired to get you out that league ??? You guys proposed the change to the set up ? So thousands spent , managers come and go like the Ayr via Tarbolton bus, new set up proposed by you guys and it gets passed ???? honestly will you no be embarrassed if you don’t go up this season ????

In whitletts support the injuries they had last year was unreal. Not getting into a massive thread about this but it was quite horrendous. Loads of first team players out for long term.

Archived