ADL Season 17/18

31 minutes ago, SoccerSmith said:

Seen tonight’s results and I think, possibly being premature at the moment, that I may have to eat humble pie.

It was my opinion through the season that the Craigmark bubble would burst but fair play to all involved with the club and to Gallagher & Patterson for the turnaround from previous years. Would be good to see the underdogs go on for the league, which appears to be Dalry’s.

I think your safe enough...

No humble pie for you.

Though it would be quite funny!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, iPhone said:

I think your safe enough...

No humble pie for you.

Though it would be quite funny!

I was meaning about them even getting promoted, never thought they would be able to sustain the form/performances to see it through. To be fair I didn’t make that clear in my post. 

I think your spot on about the title, Dalry’s to throw away and having seen them a couple of times I think it’ll have to be something pretty drastic for them not to finish the season in top spot.

5 hours ago, SoccerSmith said:

I was meaning about them even getting promoted, never thought they would be able to sustain the form/performances to see it through. To be fair I didn’t make that clear in my post. 

I think your spot on about the title, Dalry’s to throw away and having seen them a couple of times I think it’ll have to be something pretty drastic for them not to finish the season in top spot.

I understood what you were meaning and I agreed and def think you will be eating humble pie. Craigmark will pick up enough points during their remaining games to guarantee them automatic promotion. Almost there anyway.

Its no surprise when you piece it all together , good bunch of lads with a mixture of younger and older experienced juniors . Local lads who hold their team close at heart . A small band of fans who follow them and are vocal in their support of the club . Young manager , coaches and a supporting committee all pulling in the same direction , all of which leads to a bit of success .

Just a pity about their facilities but to be fair this doesn't appear to have held them back . Any team winning up there know they have to work hard and earn their result . Well done Craigmark .

22 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

Its no surprise when you piece it all together , good bunch of lads with a mixture of younger and older experienced juniors . Local lads who hold their team close at heart . A small band of fans who follow them and are vocal in their support of the club . Young manager , coaches and a supporting committee all pulling in the same direction , all of which leads to a bit of success .

Just a pity about their facilities but to be fair this doesn't appear to have held them back . Any team winning up there know they have to work hard and earn their result . Well done Craigmark .

In my opinion Lugar deserved something out of last nights game

Don't think there will be many games where a team who have been defeated haven't thought they deserved something out a game . A refs decision , a mistake or a missed chance etc .

Lugar appear to be going in the right direction as well .  

1 hour ago, CopaMundials said:

Don't think there will be many games where a team who have been defeated haven't thought they deserved something out a game . A refs decision , a mistake or a missed chance etc .

Lugar appear to be going in the right direction as well .  

I wasn’t at the game so please don’t take this as a disagreement with what you said, just playing devils advocate:

From what I’ve heard Craigmark missed a penalty and some very good chances including a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper.

I’ve only been told this & didn’t see it for myself so potentially could have been embellished.

16 hours ago, SoccerSmith said:

Seen tonight’s results and I think, possibly being premature at the moment, that I may have to eat humble pie.

It was my opinion through the season that the Craigmark bubble would burst but fair play to all involved with the club and to Gallagher & Patterson for the turnaround from previous years. Would be good to see the underdogs go on for the league, which appears to be Dalry’s.

Whitletts will finish in the top 3. Craigmark are owed payback after scraping a win in the last game & Dalry aren’t as good as the other teams in the league are making them out to be. Too scared of them for some reason.

28 minutes ago, SoccerSmith said:

I wasn’t at the game so please don’t take this as a disagreement with what you said, just playing devils advocate:

From what I’ve heard Craigmark missed a penalty and some very good chances including a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper.

I’ve only been told this & didn’t see it for myself so potentially could have been embellished.

That would be murray Johnston just trying to make a gem off it 

2 hours ago, SoccerSmith said:

No mention of Lugar being the best team in the second half and the stone waller they were denied or the fact the Craigmark penalty was outside the box

34 minutes ago, sweep said:

No mention of Lugar being the best team in the second half and the stone waller they were denied or the fact the Craigmark penalty was outside the box

Other than the penalty decision think our keeper had one fantastic save all game as did your keeper so as chances goes it was pretty level. Playing  the better football doesn't win games  

So much animosity towards Craigmark. Jesus man. Give it a bye already 

Try being a Whitletts fan fs ????????‍♂️

Yous have had some luck with referees this season

8 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Yous have had some luck with referees this season

That’s what happens when you pay them extra 

you could donate some of that ticket money you make to the refs and they will do the same for yous 

1 hour ago, sweep said:

I was told about the Lugar penalty shout. As I said devils advocaat.

Archived