ADL Season 17/18

Speaking to Whitletts fan today at work who said that Craigmarks manager has applied for the vacancy.

Is this true?

cant imagine Craigmark will be happy at the manager applying for a rivals vacancy. Why would he want to leave a team that is top of the league with a good chance of promotion. 

Whittless have a good setup so can understand the attraction but that is a slap in face to craigmarks players.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/01/2018 at 11:04, yoyopack said:

Speaking to Whitletts fan today at work who said that Craigmarks manager has applied for the vacancy.

Is this true?

cant imagine Craigmark will be happy at the manager applying for a rivals vacancy. Why would he want to leave a team that is top of the league with a good chance of promotion. 

Whittless have a good setup so can understand the attraction but that is a slap in face to craigmarks players.

I was told today by a committee member today that Iain Patterson of Craigmark has applied for the post with John Redmond being part of his management team.

Not a Craigmark supporter but sad to hear this given how well the proverbial underdogs have been performing this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Few interesting fixtures this week(weather permitting) which will have a huge impact on the promotion slots.

My own predictions are:

AWR v Maybole ,  (a home win for me, as Bryan Slaven will not accept anything less at this stage of the season).

Craigmark v Ardeer, (a draw based on Ardeer's performance against us & Winton)

Dalry v Vics, (an away win or at worst a high scoring draw. We are losing daft goals but have goals in us from all over the park)

Lugar v Muirkirk, (a potential away win, based on the Kirk's first half show against us, Could have had the game done & dusted after 45 mins).

Whitletts v Annbank, (a home win for the new manager)

T

No even be an ADL thread next season with the new leagues  and posibility of the Ayrshire Cup/ Ardagh Cup being dropped.
To paraphrase the Proclaimers 'Ayrshire No More'

Aye. More's the pity.
Competitions that have been on the go far longer than the West Region, cast aside without a thought.
Competitions that actually have a sponsor as well.
And they'll have the cheek to call it progress.

Aye. More's the pity.
Competitions that have been on the go far longer than the West Region, cast aside without a thought.

So you’re happy to play the same teams week in week out, season after season in the ADL? Regardless of what league we end up in, I personally can’t wait to go to different places, play new teams and meet new folk next season. What would your suggestion have been to freshen things up?

Few interesting fixtures this week(weather permitting) which will have a huge impact on the promotion slots.
My own predictions are:
AWR v Maybole ,  (a home win for me, as Bryan Slaven will not accept anything less at this stage of the season).
Craigmark v Ardeer, (a draw based on Ardeer's performance against us & Winton)
Dalry v Vics, (an away win or at worst a high scoring draw. We are losing daft goals but have goals in us from all over the park)
Lugar v Muirkirk, (a potential away win, based on the Kirk's first half show against us, Could have had the game done & dusted after 45 mins).
Whitletts v Annbank, (a home win for the new manager)
T

I watched the highlights from the saltcoats game, Some terrible defending from irvine vics for the goals but obv didn't impact the result. I think Dalry will be a hard team to beat this year in the Adl.

My predictions

1. AWR v Maybole - Ardrossan -WIN
2. Craigmark v Ardeer - Draw (Hopefully a win)
3. Dalry v Irvine -Draw
4. Lugar v Muirkirk - Draw
5. Whitletts v Annbank - Whitletts win

ADl Predictions

1st - Dalry
2nd - Irvine
3rd - Ardrossan w
4th - Craigmark

West of scotland winners - Ardeer (Obv)

I watched the highlights from the saltcoats game, Some terrible defending from irvine vics for the goals but obv didn't impact the result. I think Dalry will be a hard team to beat this year in the Adl.

My predictions

1. AWR v Maybole - Ardrossan -WIN
2. Craigmark v Ardeer - Draw (Hopefully a win)
3. Dalry v Irvine -Draw
4. Lugar v Muirkirk - Draw
5. Whitletts v Annbank - Whitletts win

ADl Predictions

1st - Dalry
2nd - Irvine
3rd - Ardrossan w
4th - Craigmark

West of scotland winners - Ardeer (Obv)

Ardrossan
Ardeer
Dalry
Muirkirk
Whitletts

2 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

So you’re happy to play the same teams week in week out, season after season in the ADL? Regardless of what league we end up in, I personally can’t wait to go to different places, play new teams and meet new folk next season. What would your suggestion have been to freshen things up?

I was actually referring to the cups, not the league. The league reconstruction has been passed so we will have to wait and see whether or not it is a good move.

The cups are still to be decided on and personally I believe it would be a bad move to lose them.

7 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Aye. More's the pity.

10 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Be careful what you wish for. I seem to recall this same mantra being trotted out when the West Region was being discussed between Ayrshire and Central.

Did it work out? The diminishing crowds would suggest otherwise. Once the novelty value had gone, the casual supporters stopped travelling to some away games, leaving the die-hard fans as the only one's prepared to be at every game.

Why did they need freshened up T ? Please enlighten me mate .. [emoji460]️

Why did they need freshened up T ? Please enlighten me mate .. [emoji460]️

Personally, I’m bored watching same teams at same grounds every season, and we’ve only been in ADL 4 year since I started watching Whitletts. We play yourselves, Craigmark and Maybole minimum of 3 times between league and Ardagh. Thats 9 games against the same 3 teams in a season of only 28 games if you go out cups at 1st stage. For me thats just too much, so I’m looking forward to visiting new teams and grounds next season regardless of what league we end up in

Archived