ADL Season 17/18

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IrvineVicsMan said:

Who's joined Winton at 5/2?

Sam, he means us and the Winton. Results in the Ardagh cup have been good but that shouldn't equate to us being listed as a favourite for the league..

My expectations are that we will go straight back up and that is the number one priority. I won't give a feck whether its 1st,2nd or 3rd. Whoever wins this league is not necessarily the one that spends the most money or who plays the prettiest football. We showed that, when we last won the league and Ardeer came up with us and our last promotion was hard fought for as well.

As I have said in past seasons, nothing is a given in this league, and  anything you earn is achieved by hard graft and maintaining consistency whilst your opponents struggle.

Lots of tasty games in the first few weeks of the ADL, which could set the pattern for the season ahead.

Bring it on!

T

Sam, he means us and the Winton. Results in the Ardagh cup have been good but that shouldn't equate to us being listed as a favourite for the league..
My expectations are that we will go straight back up and that is the number one priority. I won't give a feck whether its 1st,2nd or 3rd. Whoever wins this league is not necessarily the one that spends the most money or who plays the prettiest football. We showed that, when we last won the league and Ardeer came up with us and our last promotion was hard fought for as well.
As I have said in past seasons, nothing is a given in this league, and  anything you earn is achieved by hard graft and maintaining consistency whilst your opponents struggle.
Lots of tasty games in the first few weeks of the ADL, which could set the pattern for the season ahead.
Bring it on!
T

Cheers for clarifying that Tam.

I also think we will go straight back up, I think that has to be expectation but 5/2 is short odds for us imo.

Luckily enough I got my bet on a couple of weeks back and got us at 5/1.

Like you said, it's always hard to get out of this league but hopefully the boys can get the job done.

2 hours ago, IrvineVicsMan said:

Cheers for clarifying that Tam.

I also think we will go straight back up, I think that has to be expectation but 5/2 is short odds for us imo.

Luckily enough I got my bet on a couple of weeks back and got us at 5/1.

Like you said, it's always hard to get out of this league but hopefully the boys can get the job done.

Ha ha ha no chance of going up 

Good luck to you all this season and think Irvine Vics will be the team to beat...with Dalry very close behind them.
Unsure about WV and AWR as both have seen a few changes in their teams but time will tell
Loved last seasons battles with them both and best wishes to you all.

Really looking forward to this season in the ADL. Again it looks like it's going to be competitive with no clear runaway winner. I know we seem to be favoured in some parts but I think it will be more open than most people are thinking with a few surprises along the way. I prefer it like this as it brings an added edge to each game and as I continue to harp on here, "nothing is a given" and you have to work hard for every point earned. All the best to our opponents............

"Contenders are you ready?" ;)

Mon the Toria!!

T

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody any news on the vandalism at Saltcoats ground? Our game was cancelled due to it, but iv heard nothing more. Usually when something like that happens its all over social media

Wondered why you were off again. 2 important games coming up for you,think I'll pop along and see you on Saturday

I was actually glad it was off. Couldn't make Saturday, so one less game missed. Hopefully be a cracker on Saturday, with both teams being amongst the favs for the league

Archived