Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

15 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Hi HTG, that’s right, I was. We were at the Scottish Cup game last season......funny story but I emailed Linlithgow over the weekend about this because my son happened to tell me on Friday night that he had started writing his list to Santa and it should be finished soon. I asked him what was on it and the first thing he said was “a Linlithgow Rose badge” I told him that I had tried but it looks like they don’t sell them.....to which he replied “it’s ok Daddy, Santa’s elves will make it for me” emoji33.png haha

I will do if that’s ok with you, it would be very much appreciated emoji1303.png

If HTsanta cant get one.I have a spare

IMG_20171114_132959.jpg

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Can’t make our game on Saturday so going to take my son along to Bo’ness.

Having read the last page or 2, this does sound so trivial, but he is 6 years old and collects Pin Badges from every ground he visits. Do your club sell them?

Yes we do. I'll pm you.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:34, lithgierose said:

If HTsanta cant get one.I have a spare

IMG_20171114_132959.jpg

Pinned on the rhino`s arse ?

8 hours ago, goodold luthgy said:

Pinned on the rhino`s arse ?

No need  for slagging bawheid 

7 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

No weather forecasts from Dismal Dave or have you given up like your team?

From a guy who dumped the Wee Rose for a season ticket at the bigots that's utterly embarrassing.

29 minutes ago, drs said:

From a guy who dumped the Wee Rose for a season ticket at the bigots that's utterly embarrassing.

No embarrassing is trolling individual posters - you are about as relevant as a tramp commenting on somebody's curtains.

Thats a bit aggressive, you okay hon?

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

No weather forecasts from Dismal Dave or have you given up like your team?

Unlike yourself, Dave is a diehard supporter and doesn't jump ship when the going gets tough. You certainly showed where your loyalties lay. As I said before it's handy to have two horses to ride with one arse.

42 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Unlike yourself, Dave is a diehard supporter and doesn't jump ship when the going gets tough. You certainly showed where your loyalties lay. As I said before it's handy to have two horses to ride with one arse.

To be fair.he didn't turn his back on the team or club.it was how the place was being run by some.but now they have gone more than auldheid are coming back.could see the same happening down boness way.or as reported before half time last week.boness supporters have already started voting with their feet.Mcgonigal must stay.

Going to boness to watch scottish cup match and stay the night any good pubs or clubs you would recomend and  restaurants we could go to

Going to boness to watch scottish cup match and stay the night any good pubs or clubs you would recomend and  restaurants we could go to

Anywhere but Bo'ness.

Linlithgow is 3 miles away and full of excellent pubs, clubs and hotels. Indeed many from Boness choose that option themselves.

1 hour ago, quietmaybe said:

As auldheid says

2 hours ago, quietmaybe said:

You'll get well fed at the Corbie Inn if it's just decent bar food in decent portions that you're after.  There and the Town Bistro are both good. Linlithgow has a bit more variety for a reasonable taxi ride but it's not essential on a one night only stay. 

Just for my many fans from Lithgae here's the BU match weather forecast.

Dry with a cool breeze coming from the West (i.e. the Kinneil end). Will feel like a cold 2C during the game so wrap up warm and keep warm with the pies and Bovril.

Mon the BU's !!!

1 hour ago, HTG said:

You'll get well fed at the Corbie Inn if it's just decent bar food in decent portions that you're after.  There and the Town Bistro are both good. Linlithgow has a bit more variety for a reasonable taxi ride but it's not essential on a one night only stay. 

Also Richmond Park is under new management and sources say the food is good. For a pint near the ground Fisons Social Club is a good venue.  Some kind hearted BU fan who's a member will sign you in.

Edited by boheesian

I went to the new improved Richmond Park and was a bit underwhelmed.   

The starter was five perfectly cooked prawns spread around on a plate with two three inch long  over toasted Bruschetta with a lemon oil drizzle.   Really needed to be 6 prawns on a smaller plate with the 2 bruschetta more oiled up with a stronger lemon oil drizzle to give it a sharper citrus kick.      At £5.50 it was overpriced.     

The main course was roast lamb with all the trimmings.  It was one very thick slice (about an inch thick !! ) of lamb and it was moist and very tasty.   The parsnips, carrots and brocolli were perfectly cooked  but the yorkshire pudding was a bit "meh" and the roast tatties were well short of crispy.     Could have done with a bit more gravy and there was no mint sauce .     Main course was decent portion wise but plenty of room for improvement in quality.        

I ordered the cheesecake to finish the meal and it was no more than OK but the portion could have been a tad bigger.     

In my opinion the Corbie Inn offers a better meal for less money.   

Also Richmond Park is under new management and sources say the food is good. For a pint near the ground Fisons Social Club is a good venue.  Some kind hearted BU fan who's a member will sign you in.

Hardly a inspiring recomendation with you come from the Royal and Ancient Burgh yourself

22 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Hardly a inspiring recomendation with you come from the Royal and Ancient Burgh yourself

The quality of the education is sadly lacking in the Royal and Ancient car park when  you can't even spell recommendation. 

As the saying goes "one mans meat is another mans poison"  

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I went to the new improved Richmond Park and was a bit underwhelmed.   

The starter was five perfectly cooked prawns spread around on a plate with two three inch long  over toasted Bruschetta with a lemon oil drizzle.   Really needed to be 6 prawns on a smaller plate with the 2 bruschetta more oiled up with a stronger lemon oil drizzle to give it a sharper citrus kick.      At £5.50 it was overpriced.     

The main course was roast lamb with all the trimmings.  It was one very thick slice (about an inch thick !! ) of lamb and it was moist and very tasty.   The parsnips, carrots and brocolli were perfectly cooked  but the yorkshire pudding was a bit "meh" and the roast tatties were well short of crispy.     Could have done with a bit more gravy and there was no mint sauce .     Main course was decent portion wise but plenty of room for improvement in quality.        

I ordered the cheesecake to finish the meal and it was no more than OK but the portion could have been a tad bigger.     

In my opinion the Corbie Inn offers a better meal for less money.   

No mint sauce!! Heathens!! No mention of prices for main and dessert!!