Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

On 11/10/2017 at 22:36, blue 8 said:

I heard we have a New player for lochee big hunts is back

Been on holiday so was a bit surprised when reading the posts on the game, although it was rumoured at West Calder.  Obviously we needed someone of his experience and presence and so  it proved. 

How bad is the injury to Connor Flynn - Gillespie?

Edited by boheesian

Connor had a head knock with a Lochee player. There was blood and the physio couldn't stop the bleeding at the side of the pitch. Unless there was concussion I reckon he should be back on Saturday.

Hope he is available.  He is proving a valuable addition to the squad and can cross a great ball.  Something we have missed for a while.

Edited by Jambo'ness
Because i felt like it

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Hope he is available.  He is proving a valuable addition to the squad and can cross a great ball.  Something we have missed for a while.

Feed back I got was that he had a good game plus Shirra, Gemmell & Jacobs played well in the midfield. Get a fit Keast, Wright and Donnelly back to give us some options and maybe we can turn the corner.

Forfar may be the bottom team but they have won at Sauchie and Hill of Beath. It's a must win game for both sides on Saturday.
Mon the BU's !!!

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

Feed back I got was that he had a good game plus Shirra, Gemmell & Jacobs played well in the midfield. Get a fit Keast, Wright and Donnelly back to give us some options and maybe we can turn the corner.

Can't see Donnelly back for a couple of months.  Keast hasn't been fully fit for a while now but keeps getting a game off the bench when it would be great to rest him.  Marty coming back is a big thing.  Always capable of the unexpected and a constant pest to defences.

It has to be said that Callum Scott has been a star lately and I say that after having severely doubted him early in the season.  Keep it up Callum!

53 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Can't see Donnelly back for a couple of months.  Keast hasn't been fully fit for a while now but keeps getting a game off the bench when it would be great to rest him.  Marty coming back is a big thing.  Always capable of the unexpected and a constant pest to defences.

It has to be said that Callum Scott has been a star lately and I say that after having severely doubted him early in the season.  Keep it up Callum!

Agreed. However, I wish having done the hard work he would have a shot but he takes another touch and the chance has gone.  

Saturday's game is so important.  To get back to back league wins would be a major boost and it is what used to be known as a six-pointer.

We have done the right thing in sending 3 of the Accies back but it is a sore point that we keep Marshall, who is a good 'keeper but only temporary, to the exclusion of Andy Murphy.  The big lad was terrific for us last season and I especially remember his performance at Nitten saving us a point.

We could end up like we did last season.  Accies recall marshall or are tempted to transfer him.  By that time, Andy could be away and we are left scrambling looking for a keeper.

We have our own 'keeper now.  We should be playing him.