Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

Going by that, we have plenty of room to manoeuvre.  Priorities based on that list are a couple of centre-backs, one experienced one younger.  A true left-back (not someone filling in).  Creative midfielder, though how we replace Sloan adequately I don't know.  And the perennial request, a big front man with some strength.  Will we see a few dropping from the SFL?
BTW what is the situation with Strickland & Smith?

Smith is transfer listed according to the Journal. Don't know about Strickland.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Heard from someone who knows a committee man that Campbell and Keast had signed on for next season.

Keast was on a 2 year deal. Campbell was/is looking to join the Police. Main concern is Donnelly-plus how many we need to bring in-as he is needing an op on his recurring injury problem.

22 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

So player movements aplenty but all out the way.  Fraser Eddington to Penicuik, Robert Sloan over the flints to team up with his buddy.  The two brothers back there too.

Looking at it sensibly, what have we lost?  Eddington rarely featured last seson and when he did, seemed a little lightweight for us.  No doubt he will be on fire against us next season.

Last season was not Sloan's best, I'm sure he would agree but he was still the most creative player at the club and the only one who could be relied on at set-pieces. He helpeed us win a title and a cup so will always be respected.

The brothers are no great loss.  Roddy was a luxury who never performed against the top clubs, just the dross like Jeanfield & the wee rose.  Ruari was a little lightweight for the centre of midfield and rarely won 50-50's.

Time to re-build for sure.

I'm not quite sure that anyone can say we won't miss any of these 4 players - consistency on the field is one of the major factors in success.

How many seasons in a row can we suffer what is usually termed as 'rebuilding' but in all honesty is just par for the course with us.

3 minutes ago, Bo'nus Ball said:

Scott Sally from Fauldhouse.

Is that the centre forward 

For your sake I hope he is better than the centre forward we signed from Fauldhouse.

For your sake I hope he is better than the centre forward we signed from Fauldhouse.

Who was that fuzzy?

A-ha !!   You would have been better signing Steve Coogan.

We would have been better signing you Dave.

44 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

We would have been better signing you Dave.

Too far lol

Looks braw......interesting so see car parking spaces replacing the grass bank at the Kinneil end.......and where's the pie hut ?? !!

Looks braw......interesting so see car parking spaces replacing the grass bank at the Kinneil end.......and where's the pie hut ?? !!

I know it's just a concept but one of the pictures makes it look like it's opposite the enclosure as you can see it out the window but the site plan has it at the home end behind the goals. It would be odd to have the parking at the opposite end and I'd be surprised if they weren't bulldozing all the buildings on the old main stand side

Happy with the concept but as can be seen on our site the first comment is a complaint about the car parking.

These drawings tend to change a bit with necessity and budget so I would expect several amendments along the way.

some folk in jamieson avenue objecting.reason being folk there till ten at night every night and floodlighting.be better elsewhere.

Edited by lithgierose

some folk in jamieson avenue objecting.reason being folk there till ten at night every night and floodlighting.be better elsewhere.

Kind of agree with the "be better elsewhere" remark. I always imagine that it'd be nice to be able to start from scratch at the old Russell Athletic site at the top of Linlithgow Road. Nice big bit of land currently sitting there a complete eyesore.

Agree with you on best location but the NIMBY attitude of people really pisses me off.  I live close to the fives pitches on Gauze Road.  Traffic always heavy down there and noisy too but at least its giving people in Bo'ness something to do.