Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

4 minutes ago, PatP said:

Hearing that your vice chairman has packed in. 

defecting over the flints

11 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

defecting over the flints

Surprised you noticed when seven pints in at the club. 

So player movements aplenty but all out the way.  Fraser Eddington to Penicuik, Robert Sloan over the flints to team up with his buddy.  The two brothers back there too.

Looking at it sensibly, what have we lost?  Eddington rarely featured last seson and when he did, seemed a little lightweight for us.  No doubt he will be on fire against us next season.

Last season was not Sloan's best, I'm sure he would agree but he was still the most creative player at the club and the only one who could be relied on at set-pieces. He helpeed us win a title and a cup so will always be respected.

The brothers are no great loss.  Roddy was a luxury who never performed against the top clubs, just the dross like Jeanfield & the wee rose.  Ruari was a little lightweight for the centre of midfield and rarely won 50-50's.

Time to re-build for sure.

On 2017-6-9 at 22:11, PatP said:

Hearing that your vice chairman has packed in. 

You are incorrect Patp. He merely stepped down to work as assistant secretary but don't let that stop you from making an arse of yourself.:rolleyes: 

Last season was not Sloan's best, I'm sure he would agree but he was still the most creative player at the club and the only one who could be relied on at set-pieces. He helpeed us win a title and a cup so will always be respected.

I'm loathe to be critical of AMcG but IMO, Sloan suffered from some odd team selections at times the last season or two. But regardless of who was available, Sloan would always have been the first name on my team sheet in the centre of the BU midfield.

48 minutes ago, boheesian said:

You are incorrect Patp. He merely stepped down to work as assistant secretary but don't let that stop you from making an arse of yourself.:rolleyes: 

So he was VC but now he's not ... and you think I'm making an arse of myself???!!!

35 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I'm loathe to be critical of AMcG but IMO, Sloan suffered from some odd team selections at times the last season or two. But regardless of who was available, Sloan would always have been the first name on my team sheet in the centre of the BU midfield.

Agree with you 100%.  Being stuck at left-back on occasion was never smart on MCG's behalf but Robert always gave his all, no matter where.  Remember that clean sheet at Sauchie?

27 minutes ago, PatP said:

So he was VC but now he's not ... and you think I'm making an arse of myself???!!!

Aye 

Agree with you 100%.  Being stuck at left-back on occasion was never smart on MCG's behalf but Robert always gave his all, no matter where.  Remember that clean sheet at Sauchie?

Aye

Sloan being played as a left-back or left on the bench used to really baffle me. Regardless of whether Sloan himself had a great game in midfield, he was always a steady 7/10 and the team just played far better with him in there.

51 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Aye 

To be fair I never had you down as the brightest either.

When is Pentland making a comeback or is he still hanging out for a position somewhere else?

Mind you the greeting he did when he took over from Mark gave away where his heart  lies - you should ask him about that in the canteen. 

Any chance of Alden El-Zubadai losing a few stone over the summer and playing in the heart of the BU defence next season ?       Or has AMcG told him he can go ?

21 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Any chance of Alden El-Zubadai losing a few stone over the summer and playing in the heart of the BU defence next season ?       Or has AMcG told him he can go ?

Don't think he will be there 

what players have we actually got for nxt season ? 

Don't think he will be there 
what players have we actually got for nxt season ? 

Don't know who's all still signed but there's definitely one player I can think of in the East Superleague I'd like us to sign.

Murphy

gemmill

keast 

phillip

mcgregor 

snowden 

marty 

campbell 

Dougie 

5 hours ago, PatP said:

Your post said our VC had packed in. Which would suggest he had left the Club and that was not the case.

Murphy
gemmill
keast 
phillip
mcgregor 
snowden 
marty 
campbell 
Dougie 

Gibb?

9 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

Murphy

gemmill

keast

phillip

mcgregor

snowden

marty

campbell

Dougie

Going by that, we have plenty of room to manoeuvre.  Priorities based on that list are a couple of centre-backs, one experienced one younger.  A true left-back (not someone filling in).  Creative midfielder, though how we replace Sloan adequately I don't know.  And the perennial request, a big front man with some strength.  Will we see a few dropping from the SFL?

BTW what is the situation with Strickland & Smith?