Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

24 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

No high ground is being sought.  I just tire of the constant sniping of Waldorf & Statler.

I posted that the taxpayers of Bo'ness are HELPING to pay for this.  I made no claim of exclusivity.  No doubt, we have also helped to improve facilities all over the country, maybe even in Linlithgow too.

They're not a patch on 8mile and Sheep but hey ho. I fail to see how flagging that Bo'ness taxpayers are helping to pay for it is making any point at all when or if they're contributing the same as the people of Prestwick.  You've used the argument in response to a (spurious) point about Bo'ness Utd not taking responsibility for upgrading their stadium. The simple answer to that is that Bo'ness - along with dozens of others - would struggle to raise that level of funding, they don't own the stadium  (although I suspect that's not at the heart of the challenge) and they're opting to work as part of a wider community initiative.  Good luck to them. 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

They're not a patch on 8mile and Sheep but hey ho. I fail to see how flagging that Bo'ness taxpayers are helping to pay for it is making any point at all when or if they're contributing the same as the people of Prestwick.  You've used the argument in response to a (spurious) point about Bo'ness Utd not taking responsibility for upgrading their stadium. The simple answer to that is that Bo'ness - along with dozens of others - would struggle to raise that level of funding, they don't own the stadium  (although I suspect that's not at the heart of the challenge) and they're opting to work as part of a wider community initiative.  Good luck to them. 

Try to go back before you decided to wade in, in defence of the trolls.  An official post was made stating funding had been received.  Almost before any fan of the BU's could post, the usual suspects appeared, making snide remarks about the grant and in their usual high and mighty manner proceeded to contribute destructive criticism over how this money was obtained and its use.

The point I was making, was that in a civilised society we are all contributing to help others and can do without the pretentious comments from certain individuals who seem to think it is wrong to have received funding.

12 hours ago, HTG said:
Have a look then.  Don't talk to any club about online embarrassment when you've got what you've got in your ranks. 

Oooft! Maybe have a word with your resident gobshite that’s never off the B.U thread then. You know, the one that chucked the Rose, bad-mouthed all things Rose and got a season ticket for Ibrox just because yous had one tough season in what, the last ten, fifteen years?!  

11 hours ago, HTG said:
I never said that they did. But if you don't think that a lot of the shite on here is anything other than a specific reaction to the behaviour of others then you're kidding yourself on.  It cuts two ways and becomes self-perpetuating.  Both threads are the worse for it. Ffs it's only a week back that one of you lads stuck up a photo of our ground and claimed we were at it for calling the Bo'ness game off. Of course it was just "banter".  Except that it's tedious beyond belief because the level of "banter" is woeful.  Between 8mile and Sheep, our thread is totally polluted. I've no more desire to see a race to the bottom than you but I'll not see you suggest there is any level of high ground for Bo'ness to take on pie and bovril. 

Fucking hell! From usually the most level headed and worth reading Rose fan, this is ridiculous! :lol:

You just cannot take a wind-up, EVEN when it doesn’t work! Only thanks to one of your sharper posters mind you... The state you got yourself in over it last week and the fact you’re still bumping your gums about yet is really quite something.  That’s a couple of times now in recent seasons that Lithgy v Bo’ness games have been postponed at Prestonfield so I’ve made up some nonsense about the Rose getting the hose out or letting the frost get in, and each time it’s provoked a huge, outraged, overreaction from the Rose committee man.

Despite me just being at the wind-up, your immediate going-on-the-defensive and overreaction probably looks to the neutral (and has been remarked upon) that there might have actually been something in it. And seeing as you’ve dug him out too, I think that’s what Sheep might’ve been alluding to with his response last week.  So anyway, if the banter is that woeful and you can’t take it, just step away from the internet.

Edited by 8MileBU

Fucking hell! From usually the most level headed and worth reading Rose fan, this is ridiculous! 

You just cannot take a wind-up, EVEN when it doesn’t work! Only thanks to one of your sharper posters mind you... The state you got yourself in over it last week and the fact you’re still bumping your gums about yet is really quite something.  That’s a couple of times now in recent seasons that Lithgy v Bo’ness games have been postponed at Prestonfield so I’ve made up some nonsense about the Rose getting the hose out or letting the frost get in, and each time it’s provoked a huge, outraged, overreaction from the Rose committee man.

Despite me just being at the wind-up, your immediate going-on-the-defensive and overreaction probably looks to the neutral (and has been remarked upon) that there might have actually been something in it. And seeing as you’ve dug him out too, I think that’s what Sheep might’ve been alluding to with his response last week.  So anyway, if the banter is that woeful and you can’t take it, just step away from the internet.

To be fair I knew your comments on Prestonfield were just banter.

Because otherwise it would have been like a Hobo commenting on someone's curtains...!!!

To be fair I knew your comments on Prestonfield were just banter.

Because otherwise it would have been like a Hobo commenting on someone's curtains...!!!

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Belter mate.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Belter mate.

Same patter all the time 

25 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Same patter all the time 

Aye and its usually makes no sense whatsoever, like his ‘witty’ retort above.

I wonder if Dalkeith's decision to apply for the EOSL will have any effect at our club.  Change is coming folks, like it or not.

I wonder if Dalkeith's decision to apply for the EOSL will have any effect at our club.  Change is coming folks, like it or not.

Looking forward to it.

On 7/19/2017 at 08:50, Jambo'ness said:

Mark Kelly signed again from Accies till the end of the season.

Tomorrows game has been switched to the Stadio El Newton.

I agree that it looks like change is coming. The question is whether it's the BU's and a few others jumping ship into the EoSL .....or a radical restructuring of Scottish football. I would prefer the second but predict it will be the first.

I'm sad at the thought of an artificial surface at Newtown.

This is selfish. Newtown Park is my favourite place in the world to watch football. It won't be the same. I had the privilege of playing there and sentimentally I will miss the park when it is gone. The football will be different, we will see less of the contact and sliding tackles that are part and parcel of Junior football (McQueen, Reid, Caldwell, Shirra, Nimmo, Gemmill) but aren't conducive to a non-grass surface.

This isn't selfish. An artificial surface is tougher on joints and bones. There will be more injuries. Careers may be shortened. The introduction of a Hub, the longer-term goal, will likely be to the detriment of the critically underfunded and under-utilised Recreation Centre. This is an historically mismanaged community asset, parts of which are slowly being mothballed. Take away the need for an artificial 5-a-side facility and the non-swimming part of the Recreation Centre will be redundant. The Academy next door has a swimming pool, offering the currently skint Community Council a convenient cost saving opportunity.

Saying the club has been sustained only by external sources is disingenuous and disrespectful to the efforts of the many hardworking people, including my father, who over the past 70 years have given their time freely to maintain United despite the difficulties we faced through not having control of our own facilities. Be thankful for what you have, rather than ridicule others for what they don’t.

Edited by B-U-tiful United

Great Post.

An objection to the council could have this stopped.

A child was almost killed outside kinneil school last year. The last thing needed is more cars parked and traffic on Jamieson Avenue

10 hours ago, B-U-tiful United said:

I'm sad at the thought of an artificial surface at Newtown.

This is selfish. Newtown Park is my favourite place in the world to watch football. It won't be the same. I had the privilege of playing there and sentimentally I will miss the park when it is gone. The football will be different, we will see less of the contact and sliding tackles that are part and parcel of Junior football (McQueen, Reid, Caldwell, Shirra, Nimmo, Gemmill) but aren't conducive to a non-grass surface. 

Christ on a stick! Have you actually seen any games on a new artificial pitch? Slide tackles can easily be carried out, and indeed are easier to do so as the surface is far more consistent.  Next you'll be telling us that the keeper wont be able to dive any more. 

People need to live in the present and future rather than the past. A modern all weather pitch that is adequately maintained is far more conducive to good passing football than grass pitches.

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

3 points for the BU's more important than silky Football at Newtown Park tomorrow.

B

11 minutes ago, buboy said:

Game on at Newtown

Should try and sign ex Armadale striker Chris...goals goals goals

26 minutes ago, drs said:

Christ on a stick! Have you actually seen any games on a new artificial pitch? Slide tackles can easily be carried out, and indeed are easier to do so as the surface is far more consistent.  Next you'll be telling us that the keeper wont be able to dive any more. 

People need to live in the present and future rather than the past. A modern all weather pitch that is adequately maintained is far more conducive to good passing football than grass pitches.

Great post, the modern artificial pitches are for the most fantastic and much more conducive to good football than some old bumpy poorly maintained grass pitch.  Also the fact that our climate means the parks are usually heavy and bumpy artificial is the way to go.

1 hour ago, Bo'ness United said:

Great Post.

An objection to the council could have this stopped.

A child was almost killed outside kinneil school last year. The last thing needed is more cars parked and traffic on Jamieson Avenue

Utter shite.

I'm sure Falkirk Council, who are heavily involved in the project and part funding it will really object.  This is a facility that will benefit the club and community.  The likes of you will be happy to see United playing in a wreck of a ground in front of 50 people in ten years time as long as nothing changes.

As for a child was almost killed, that can happy all over the country, should we just stop letting kids out?