Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

May as well get the new season's thread underway.  A lot of changes through the summer I'm sure.

So, who should be staying and going.  Who's worth keeping on and who has disappointed?

Then more importantly where do we need to strengthen if we are to mount any sort of challenge next season?

For me, a left-back is the position we have had problems with all season.  With big Hunts quitting, we also need central defenders, hopefully with some pace.

Midfield and attack blow hot and cold at present, so a creative midfielder would be nice and our perennial request for a front man who puts himself about.  We really are too lightweight.

Over to you guys for some suggestions.

Hassan Nyang (central defender) is someone i would go for he is free after leaving Bathgate.

Edited by pie n beans

We have 5 of the present squad left, Murphy, Keast, Philp, Donnelly(needs op), Smith (could be off), and new signing McGregor. Hopefully we can keep Gemmell, Wright, Gibb, Simpson, Strickland, Ruari & Roddy(obviously speculation where they will be), Snowdon could still be around. 

Of the rest Campbell has applied to join the police, Sloan hot and cold. Aldin, Collumbine, Tierney don't think they are good enough.

We need to add pace to the team. Personnel wise we need 2 central defenders, a left back, left sided midfielder as well as a left sided forward. That's assuming we keep the ones picked out. 

Major rebuild required.

Hassan Nyang (central defender) is someone i would go for he is free after leaving Bathgate.

He has created issues at Bathgate from what I've heard from players and those involved with Bathgate, and from what I saw of him this season he was poor!

Stop teasing and spill the beans.

Allegedly an unsavoury or slevery incident involving his teammate!

10 hours ago, boheesian said:

We have 5 of the present squad left, Murphy, Keast, Philp, Donnelly(needs op), Smith (could be off), and new signing McGregor. Hopefully we can keep Gemmell, Wright, Gibb, Simpson, Strickland, Ruari & Roddy(obviously speculation where they will be), Snowdon could still be around.

Of the rest Campbell has applied to join the police, Sloan hot and cold. Aldin, Collumbine, Tierney don't think they are good enough.

We need to add pace to the team. Personnel wise we need 2 central defenders, a left back, left sided midfielder as well as a left sided forward. That's assuming we keep the ones picked out.

Major rebuild required.

That is it in a nutshell.  The team has been allowed to grow old together, without fresh injections of youth.  Let's face it, if Gribben & Nimmo hadn't acted up with AMCG they would still be here, as would Nicky who retired  early in the season.

He managed that rebuild for our first SuperLeague win, I just don't think he's up to it now but time will tell.

17 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Are you happy Boheesian with Rhino Ritchie as the back up keeper ?

Hasn't really figured for us. Think he played against Dalkeith in the EOS played ok but he has been around all season a bit like Christie's brother was  last season. So if he's happy to stick around then that's ok with me.

8 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

That is it in a nutshell.  The team has been allowed to grow old together, without fresh injections of youth.  Let's face it, if Gribben & Nimmo hadn't acted up with AMCG they would still be here, as would Nicky who retired  early in the season.

He managed that rebuild for our first SuperLeague win, I just don't think he's up to it now but time will tell.

I'm not happy when managers and players disagree it affects moral. Their job should be to have more faces than the toon clock and get the players doing their job. Not in to huffy footballers and managers.

21 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Is Chic Clark away then.  Never seem to have been their since Andy Murphy signed

He moved on a couple of weeks after Murphy arrived

10 hours ago, Bo'ness United said:

Does anyone know if there will be a new home kit for next season. 

If there is when it will be available? 

Will find out.

Really a bit early to go with a new season thread is it now.

There are still games going on - have a bit of respect!

Our season is over, that is all that matters to me.  The new season will be a relief.