Servicing Scotland.

Scotland's best service station  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Knutsford, as good as it is, is no Tebay. Tebay sells cheese for a start.

Tebay is ace

As far as service stations go that is !

6 hours ago, Menzel said:

roadside-view.jpg

Stracathro! The food's okay at best, but you get to wade through the biggest amount of utter tat for sale I've seen in a long time. I actually thought they'd opened a charity shop inside it.

If you're traveling from Fraserburgh to Glasgow and suddenly realise you've left the house without a giant ceramic cat or a VHS copy of Kenneth McKellar's "This Is My Scotland" you can rest easy knowing you can pick one up here. It's a day out in itself.

10 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I know you're a Kia Ceed owner, but what's your opinion on the Seat Mii? It's between that and the Skoda Citigo right now for this metropolitan professional (currently earning a cool 5 figure salary).

I needed some city wheels and recently acquired an Up!. Seat do some incredible deals but the Up! came with a host of essentials such as heated seats and a big stereo.

3 hours ago, sjc said:

Agree with Truckhaven at J35 on the M6. Relatively cheap & reasonable food.

The one at Lesmahagow on the M74 was better though. Sadly gone now.

There's a Tesco right on junction 10 northbound of the M74 at Lesmahagow.  Plenty of parking and cheaper than your average service station.

As for this poll, the correct answer is Harthill.

10 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Knutsford, as good as it is, is no Tebay. Tebay sells cheese for a start.

Tebay id pretentious as f*ck!

If Stanraer are playing anywhere north of Stirling the supporters bus always stops at Stirling Services. Some of the freaks seem to enjoy it. Service stations are for shoplifters and salesmen.

There used to be a great truckstop beside Harthill that was basically somebodys house that had loads of space for parking lorries. Not been there for a very long time and not even sure if it's still there as the area where it was at the side of the motorway is now obstructed from view by the undergrowth. It used to sell pint mugs of tea and proper fry ups at a tiny fraction of the cost of Harthill.

15 minutes ago, supermik said:

the area where it was at the side of the motorway is now obstructed from view by the undergrowth.

Full of dead hookers

2 hours ago, Lex said:

There's a Tesco right on junction 10 northbound of the M74 at Lesmahagow.  Plenty of parking and cheaper than your average service station.

As for this poll, the correct answer is Harthill.

Chap's got a point- if you're on a motorway in Engerlund then you can't be too far from a medium sized town with an ASDA, Sainsbury or Tesco, most likely in a retail park on the outskirts of the town which are cheaper than service stations.

Tam the tight. Saving money for you.

Having said that I was in a services in England last year that had some smashing totty serving but I've forgotten where it was now.. :(

Voted for Abington purely as its the last stop to get a stretch of the legs before either using the mennock pass or a71 to get home. Mental i know but i hate doing any more than a hour on the last stint. In England i like killington lake and keele. Hate farthill and southwaite with a passion, okay for a piss and nothing else

Motorway services stations are one of the few things I miss about England. One of the only chances I'd have to play arcade games back in the Eighties. That, and the bridge across the motorway would blow my mind when I was a tot.

I was an easily pleased child.

Archived