Servicing Scotland.

Scotland's best service station  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As most of you will know Scotland has nine bona fide, big balls service stations.   People laugh at me when I say we've got nine cornerstones to our road networks, but I'm absolutely bingo-bang-on right.    

Perhaps you've stopped off for a wimpy or Burger King?  
Perhaps you've bought a chewy toothbrush and quelled your enamel issues?  
Perhaps you've bought the very best of Chris de Burgh?  
Perhaps you've paid £1.31 per litre of fuel and thought that's only overpriced by 20%?
Perhaps you've bought some travel sweets for £2, which you'll sold for cocaine for a 70000% mark up.  

I fucking love driving a motor-driven car.    

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I know you're a Kia Ceed owner, but what's your opinion on the Seat Mii? It's between that and the Skoda Citigo right now for this metropolitan professional (currently earning a cool 5 figure salary).

These are the question which football based forums are made for.    Whenever anyone asks me about the Seat Mii, I always answer....."Yes!  it will seat mii and 3 of my pals ( just not ma golf clubs).   I mention this because I have an excellent sense of humour.   

Skoda obviously made for excellent vehicles.   I quite like the AYGO by Toyota in this range.   

Congratulations on your full driving licence though Bonksy.    It's it great to be on the tarmac with a motorised vehicle?   

Just now, Zen Archer said:

Imagine how fucking stupid you would have to be to visit a service station in a small country such as Scotland.

A modicum of internet savvy will direct you to the nearest supermarket chain with cheaper fuel and snacks.

^  Central belt w****r.  

Scotland is only a tiny bit smaller than England*, yet England has hundreds of more service stations.    Scotland is a medium sized country.  

* you got my SNP supporting hunches up there Zenbo.   You're a good egg though, as many fife based simpletons are.  

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Imagine how fucking stupid you would have to be to visit a service station in a small country such as Scotland.

A modicum of internet savvy will direct you to the nearest supermarket chain with cheaper fuel and snacks.

Welcome to the future.

vlcsnap-257961.png

I voted for Kinross, but then I remembered that the correct answer is actually Gretna Green. Apologies for that oversight. 

The finest service station in the UK is Woodall in South Yorkshire. That is just a fact. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

I voted for Kinross, but then I remembered that the correct answer is actually Gretna Green. Apologies for that oversight. 

The finest service station in the UK is Woodall in South Yorkshire. That is just a fact. 

I like Knutsford Services.   

Do we need a UK wide best services thread?  

11 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

These are the question which football based forums are made for.    Whenever anyone asks me about the Seat Mii, I always answer....."Yes!  it will seat mii and 3 of my pals ( just not ma golf clubs).   I mention this because I have an excellent sense of humour.   

Skoda obviously made for excellent vehicles.   I quite like the AYGO by Toyota in this range.   

Congratulations on your full driving licence though Bonksy.    It's it great to be on the tarmac with a motorised vehicle?   

Good suggestion, I've not ruled the AYGO out quite just yet. My Dad's currently trying to convince me to go for the Hyundai i10 because it rated 5/5 in WhatCar magazine. I took one for a test drive and personally would give it 3/5 - bland.

I've actually held a full uk driving license with no restrictions for a number of years now and certainly wouldn't go back unless forced to through medical reasons.

1 minute ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

I like Knutsford Services.   

Do we need a UK wide best services thread?  

I haven't been to Knutsford Services before. I've just searched it now - looks like a must visit. I'll have to put it high up the agenda for when I'm next in Cheshire. 

We might well need a UK-wide thread. Service stations take plenty criticism from the ignorant amongst us, but I, for one, wholly appreciate their existence.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Good suggestion, I've not ruled the AYGO out quite just yet. My Dad's currently trying to convince me to go for the Hyundai i10 because it rated 5/5 in WhatCar magazine. I took one for a test drive and personally would give it 3/5 - bland.

I've actually held a full uk driving license with no restrictions for a number of years now and certainly wouldn't go back unless forced to through medical reasons.

People say to me I have issues...the only issues I have is with Whatcar magazine which is a 2litre turbo, lowered, edition of a magazine.   

Toyota AYGO
VW UP
Seat Mii 
Skoda Citigo.  

One of these four.  

3 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

People say to me I have issues...the only issues I have is with Whatcar magazine which is a 2litre turbo, lowered, edition of a magazine.   

Toyota AYGO
VW UP
Seat Mii 
Skoda Citigo.  

One of these four.  

Thanks for the advice. I've actually spotted a nice Citigo with a couple of racing stripes, to take me from nought to sixty slightly faster.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Thanks for the advice. I've actually spotted a nice Citigo with a couple of racing stripes, to take me from nought to sixty slightly faster.

Lovely stuff.   Perthshire, of course, had more than 1 little chef.   The feeling that you can get up in the morning - drive 15 miles - and get a full breakfast for less than £9 is why I awake with morning wood.   They're always fine with unlimited butter. 

Gretna has a maze.

If you do have a UK wide one can you have a worst one too so I can vote for Scotch Corner which takes about an hour to get out of due to a regular t junction onto an A rd instead of the more traffic friendly on and off ramp.

Archived