Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Haa haa me? No big yin I was a cultured player who just liked a strong well timed tackle 🤣🤣

Stroll in the park for the big rose today. I’d be a bit worried if I was a wee rose fan. 

Why should we be worried? A team very much in transition at the opposite end of the table from last year and still got a chance of the title ? I'd be more worried with the situation if it was this time last year but we're probably a player or two away from getting it right.

Bonnyrigg were just better than us all over the park.
Another injury to add to the list as well. Any news on Turnbull?

Bonnyrigg were just better than us all over the park.
Another injury to add to the list as well. Any news on Turnbull?

Don't totally agree with your post - I felt being restricted by lack of available players and the knock on ability to change our game plan didn't help.

Ronald understandably ran out of steam around the hour mark - we had no replacement.

Actually felt Bonnyrigg were negative in their approach - they sat deep and were happy to let us press. They are however a very well organised side and deserved their victory.

The gloss in their victory came late when we looked to have a few very tired players.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Don't totally agree with your post - I felt being restricted by lack of available players and the knock on ability to change our game plan didn't help.

Ronald understandably ran out of steam around the hour mark - we had no replacement.

Actually felt Bonnyrigg were negative in their approach - they sat deep and were happy to let us press. They are however a very well organised side and deserved their victory.

The gloss in their victory came late when we looked to have a few very tired players.

Looking at the highlights, both teams seemed about equal until linlithgow obviously tired, would definitely not say outplayed all over the park. 

6 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Looking at the highlights, both teams seemed about equal until linlithgow obviously tired, would definitely not say outplayed all over the park. 

As usual great camera work by young Ben ................just a pity that the microphone picks up all the shouts from a stand which appears to be full of Shankly,  Fergie and Mourinho wannabees.

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

As usual great camera work by young Ben ................just a pity that the microphone picks up all the shouts from a stand which appears to be full of Shankly,  Fergie and Mourinho wannabees.

Ha ha I’ll gave to listen to that

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The screeching lunatic was in the Linlithgow dug out I think.

Edited by BS7

The screeching lunatic was in the Linlithgow dug out I think.

It sounded like the guy who announces the teams.

Indeed some of the shouts were embarrassing to the extreme.

Maybe that was Bonnyrigg’s game plan though, to sit in and frustrate Linlithgow until they were blowing out their arses....?

The silence continues to deafen on the position of Linlithgow Rose to the changes being proposed. 

Until we have an AGM or EGM I don't think you will hear anything. The members have to decide - not the committee.

48 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Until we have an AGM or EGM I don't think you will hear anything. The members have to decide - not the committee.

The time for an EGM was a month ago.  AGM alone may not be enough to change some vociferous but blinkered opinions - to many still have the 1958 mentality.  Heard there was suggestion on Saturday we could hold another Prize Bingo to replace the Bonnyrigg gate. (Our biggest gate of the season?)

On 25/03/2018 at 21:01, Deanburn Dave said:

There is no way I am going to criticise young Ben for the excellent job that he does in promoting his club and junior football in general.

But there is always a but. I watched his highlights from the Battle of the Roses last weekend and my observations were:-

1) The highlights if I remember were about 17minutes which seemed less than highlights of previous matches he has produced this year 

2) He interviewed Bradley before the match as he missed him the week before.

3) There was an advert at half time can’t say I have seen him do that in previous highlights productions.

4) He interviewed Bradley at the end of the game and Bradley actually gave the opposition some credit( a rare occurrence this season).

So less time to encounter the pain of a Lithgae defeat.

5 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

There is no way I am going to criticise young Ben for the excellent job that he does in promoting his club and junior football in general.

But there is always a but. I watched his highlights from the Battle of the Roses last weekend and my observations were:-

1) The highlights if I remember were about 17minutes which seemed less than highlights of previous matches he has produced this year 

2) He interviewed Bradley before the match as he missed him the week before.

3) There was an advert at half time can’t say I have seen him do that in previous highlights productions.

4) He interviewed Bradley at the end of the game and Bradley actually gave the opposition some credit( a rare occurrence this season).

So less time to encounter the pain of a Lithgae defeat.

I don't usually post on here but I'd thought I'd give some answers to your points raised.

1) The Kirkintilloch and Penicuik games which Linlithgow both Lost recently are well over 17 mins with the Rob Roy game being 22 mins and the Penicuik 19 minutes. 

2) I wasn't at the Hill of Beath game so I didn't interview Mark. The reason why I interview him before the game to catch up with him and his thoughts as I wasn't at the game last week.

3) The advert was for an upcoming media project I'm doing for my Higher Media at school. I've done this same thing on two previous occasions.

The first time being to promote my at the time new film 'LinLithgow' Link below.

And the second time being the game against Tayport back in November (which Linlithgow won) and again this was for a film I was promoting at the time. Link below

4) I only ask Mark the questions I believe relevant to the game or at the time. How Mark responds is up to Mark. Some interviews last longer than others.

Hope this answers any questions you have.

I don't usually post on here but I'd thought I'd give some answers to your points raised.
1) The Kirkintilloch and Penicuik games which Linlithgow both Lost recently are well over 17 mins with the Rob Roy game being 22 mins and the Penicuik 19 minutes. 
2) I wasn't at the Hill of Beath game so I didn't interview Mark. The reason why I interview him before the game to catch up with him and his thoughts as I wasn't at the game last week.
3) The advert was for an upcoming media project I'm doing for my Higher Media at school. I've done this same thing on two previous occasions.
The first time being to promote my at the time new film 'LinLithgow' Link below.
[/url]  
And the second time being the game against Tayport back in November (which Linlithgow won) and again this was for a film I was promoting at the time. Link below
4) I only ask Mark the questions I believe relevant to the game or at the time. How Mark responds is up to Mark. Some interviews last longer than others.
Hope this answers any questions you have.

Well said.

Another top notch effort on Saturday despite the result.