Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

That would be Oriam’s indoor 4g pitch and it’s possibly available most Saturdays, as I heard it’s £400 a game! Lovely surface, Hampden sized and big stand though!

You put Burnie right Ann!

13 hours ago, Dunc the drunk said:

Bonnyrigg game was on at the weekend but half an hour along the road Blackburn’s wasn’t so no advantage there, clearly you can’t “use them 24/7” . Neither is it “a great, true surface to play football on” it’s been proven time and time again with the amount of injuries sustained. So apart from being used for training a couple of weeks a year when grass areas are boggy they are just a source of income.

I shouldn't need to explain that the weather can intervene, :lol:

What's been proven "time and again" feel free to back that up with evidence.  I'm not aware of Blackburn having any more injuries than normal as a result of the pitch, in fact we seem to suffer more on bad grass pitches.   The Juniors receive no income from pitch hire, the Community Club don't hire it out that often anyway as its in use by the club teams most of the time.

12 hours ago, HawHaw said:

I personally don’t like them. The bounce and hardness prevents flair players from showcasing their skills. It is difficult to turn on them and it robs from the spectacle of the game.

Utter nonsense.

I personally don’t like them. The bounce and hardness prevents flair players from showcasing their skills. It is difficult to turn on them and it robs from the spectacle of the game.

I agree about the bounce on artificial pitches but surely this should encourage teams to play the ball on the deck instead of lumping it up the park?

With regards to the hardness of artificial pitches, I’d say there’s very little difference between modern 3/4G pitches and grass ones these days, and if there’s any ‘pro’ for artificial surfaces, they’re at least consistent 99% of the time whilst most Grass pitches in the juniors have a few weeks at the beginning and end of the season where they’re bone dry and brick hard through the warm weather and/or use of sand in some cases.

The bit about artificial pitches stopping flair players showcasing their skills is utter nonsense though. If anything I’d say it might even give more opportunities to use their skills. Then there’s the old argument that if you’re good enough, then the pitch shouldn’t matter.

29 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I agree about the bounce on artificial pitches but surely this should encourage teams to play the ball on the deck instead of lumping it up the park?

With regards to the hardness of artificial pitches, I’d say there’s very little difference between modern 3/4G pitches and grass ones these days, and if there’s any ‘pro’ for artificial surfaces, they’re at least consistent 99% of the time whilst most Grass pitches in the juniors have a few weeks at the beginning and end of the season where they’re bone dry and brick hard through the warm weather and/or use of sand in some cases.

The bit about artificial pitches stopping flair players showcasing their skills is utter nonsense though. If anything I’d say it might even give more opportunities to use their skills. Then there’s the old argument that if you’re good enough, then the pitch shouldn’t matter.

It has been well documented that 2 of the greatest players in the world with multiple Premiership titles, FA cups, Leaugue cups, Champions Leagues winners and one of them a La Liga title and World Cup winner & numerous individual honours have both refused to play on artificial pitches. 

4 minutes ago, HawHaw said:

It has been well documented that 2 of the greatest players in the world with multiple Premiership titles, FA cups, Leaugue cups, Champions Leagues winners and one of them a La Liga title and World Cup winner & numerous individual honours have both refused to play on artificial pitches. 

Have they aye? Then that’s their choosing and a point bordering on irrelevant.

Who are they ?

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
29 minutes ago, HawHaw said:

Who are they ?

Thierry Henry and Didier Drogba

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Drogba played on 1 on 22 October last year which kind of fecks up your argument.

Henry is retired so him saying he wont play on plastic is hardly relevant.

Nonsense, I’ve got the message, Newbies are no allowed to have an opinion in this community. I will keep my opinions to my self in future.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

How is it nonsense. Drogba obviously still plays on plastic and scored that day.

I could say I refuse to do any homework for school. Hardly relevant as I left school in 1985.

1985 my arse!

Archived