Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

I guess so if your in the know,  if not this could be embarrassing for you.

Good stuff Kenny - I am sure like many other halfwits that post on here the minute you are shown up you will just come back with the witty "I was only fishing" reply.

For the halfwits amongst you I will explain in simple terms - Linlithgow Rose are a members club, and as such any major issues, such as changing leagues as you suggest, would be voted on by all members. 

This hasn't happened and as of tonight I know of no plans for such a meeting.

Why don't you head off somewhere else, sit under your bridge, and wait for another chance to come out. 

8 minutes ago, PatP said:

Good stuff Kenny - I am sure like many other halfwits that post on here the minute you are shown up you will just come back with the witty "I was only fishing" reply.

For the halfwits amongst you I will explain in simple terms - Linlithgow Rose are a members club, and as such any major issues, such as changing leagues as you suggest, would be voted on by all members. 

This hasn't happened and as of tonight I know of no plans for such a meeting.

Why don't you head off somewhere else, sit under your bridge, and wait for another chance to come out. 

No need to have a meltdown,  it's not like it's a bad thing to happen it's the way ahead in my opinion. I hope the rumours are true if so good luck. If not then my post is just pish information. It's a forum is that not what it's about. I post something I, m told you correct me saying it's not happening. It's all good.

No need to have a meltdown,  it's not like it's a bad thing to happen it's the way ahead in my opinion. I hope the rumours are true if so good luck. If not then my post is just pish information. It's a forum is that not what it's about. I post something I, m told you correct me saying it's not happening. It's all good.

Personally I have never been a fan of the pyramid.

But unfortunately even I have come to realise change has to come. Junior football is stagnating beyond belief.

But tales of a imminent move are miles off.

I have said it before and will say it again - fantastic facility for kids football and great training facility. Still not seen a game on a plastic pitch where it completely resembles a grass facility. Most players I speak to prefer grass. Makes you wonder on these pitches in our top league.  
Having a great pitch at Linlithgow is no combat to poor pitches or plastic and probably comes at a huge cost to the club. 
In my opinion a grass pitch always beats a plastic one. 

Totally agree with this.

1 hour ago, PatP said:

I have said it before and will say it again - fantastic facility for kids football and great training facility. Still not seen a game on a plastic pitch where it completely resembles a grass facility. Most players I speak to prefer grass. Makes you wonder on these pitches in our top league.  

Having a great pitch at Linlithgow is no combat to poor pitches or plastic and probably comes at a huge cost to the club. 

In my opinion a grass pitch always beats a plastic one. 

Having watched most home games on it I barely notice any difference. It's a fantastic surface and you get a better game of football on it that you do on half the pitches in Junior football.  That said, it does need a certain level of looking after ie. regular brushing which some 3G's dont get and they deteriorate quicker as a result, and get them a bad rep.

A great grass pitch is always preferable, but those are not very common at our level and a 3G is much more of an asset to a club like ours than a grass pitch that nobody is allowed on.

11 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Apologies if it came across as a meltdown - I get a bit upset if people less informed on club things come out with the "I was told..." line.

If the committee want to follow that route us plebs need consulted - and that hasn't happened. Not to say it won't obviously!!

You may want to return to whoever told you and question them. 

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Having watched most home games on it I barely notice any difference. It's a fantastic surface and you get a better game of football on it that you do on half the pitches in Junior football.  That said, it does need a certain level of looking after ie. regular brushing which some 3G's dont get and they deteriorate quicker as a result, and get them a bad rep.

A great grass pitch is always preferable, but those are not very common at our level and a 3G is much more of an asset to a club like ours than a grass pitch that nobody is allowed on.

At our level good grass pitches are becoming harder to find. 

Can't argue that for a whole community this is a brilliant thing. I look forward to seeing if it lives up to expectations next week. 

43 minutes ago, PatP said:

Apologies if it came across as a meltdown - I get a bit upset if people less informed on club things come out with the "I was told..." line.

If the committee want to follow that route us plebs need consulted - and that hasn't happened. Not to say it won't obviously!!

You may want to return to whoever told you and question them. 

Already have done after a few you guys said it's pish,   he tells me it came from 1 of your committee. He normally is spot on but maybe this time he's having me off.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

You do realise its a members vote at linlithgow  aye

Out of interest, how many members are there, and if it did come to a vote (assuming bo'ness announced they were moving next season) which way do you think it would go? 

Out of interest, how many members are there, and if it did come to a vote (assuming bo'ness announced they were moving next season) which way do you think it would go? 

Reckon around 170 eligible to vote - but that's a rough guess. In the past it was over 200.

At present the majority would be led by committee.

There is no meaningful discussion via SJFA or SFA so to many of our punters not on P&B this isn't even a discussion.

Boness would impact the decision of many.

With dual membership a move to EoS is not as appealing as it may be to other clubs.

23 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Already have done after a few you guys said it's pish,   he tells me it came from 1 of your committee. He normally is spot on but maybe this time he's having me off.

He is having you off. Members will always decide on what the committee present to them. As of tonight the members have not been consulted on any change.

25 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Reckon around 170 eligible to vote - but that's a rough guess. In the past it was over 200.

At present the majority would be led by committee.

There is no meaningful discussion via SJFA or SFA so to many of our punters not on P&B this isn't even a discussion.

Boness would impact the decision of many.

With dual membership a move to EoS is not as appealing as it may be to other clubs.

Thanks for sharing that - a good insight.

So if i understand correcly - (and looking at it from any other club's point of view in weighing up the risk of this happening) there is a real chance that if the committee favour following Bo'ness to the EoS league (as per their earlier press release), the majority of members would most likely agree?

Not necessarily,well not the older ones anyway going by the feedback I get.imo the rose will leave it too long and end up in a lower tier if a full pyramid were to happen.then the fan base would reduce rapidly as the team weakened.because the better players would want to play in as high a league as possible and not tier 7 or even tier 8 depending how it would pan out.(just my opinion) be better going sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing that - a good insight.
So if i understand correcly - (and looking at it from any other club's point of view in weighing up the risk of this happening) there is a real chance that if the committee favour following Bo'ness to the EoS league (as per their earlier press release), the majority of members would most likely agree?

'I think' the Boness factor may affect the thinking of a few. No disrespect intended losing Kelty and Dalkeith had no impact on most of our punters to the extent losing Boness would have.

Again my view - dual membership is viewed as our ace card by many.

32 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Not necessarily,well not the older ones anyway going by the feedback I get.imo the rose will leave it too long and end up in a lower tier if a full pyramid were to happen.then the fan base would reduce rapidly as the team weakened.because the better players would want to play in as high a league as possible and not tier 7 or even tier 8 depending how it would pan out.(just my opinion) be better going sooner rather than later.

It's a precarious situation for east and west clubs.If two or three of the top clubs go for it other won't want to be left behind.In the east can other junior  clubs afford to loose the revenue  generated  from matches against The Rose and Bo'ness?

Other sides might disagree but Bo'ness and Linlithgow are definitely viewed as the big hitters in the East by those in the West so it would be massive if they went (and I don't see one staying and the other going).  Obviously it's made up pish at this stage but I can't see it not happening in the short to medium term with a few lesser lights in tow and tbh I hope it does to force the hand of the West sides. 

24 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Other sides might disagree but Bo'ness and Linlithgow are definitely viewed as the big hitters in the East by those in the West so it would be massive if they went (and I don't see one staying and the other going).  Obviously it's made up pish at this stage but I can't see it not happening in the short to medium term with a few lesser lights in tow and tbh I hope it does to force the hand of the West sides. 

I agree Shanner the winds of change are happening. What is frustrating is the secrecy of it all with fans in the dark which I find really insulting and a big contempt shown to the punters. The west juniors have been having meetings with the SFA regarding forming a new league in the pyramid  but nobody's allowed to know and fans are being kept in the dark by there own clubs.

Archived