Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to kirkintilloch and a girfuy to linlithgow and the scumbag who booked a bus of 45 into our bowling club and gave a false mobile number to no show at a cost of several hundred pounds of catering and bar staff wages that we can ill afford when we had turned down a booking request for a childs birthday party due to your booking!

Thats very poor. Only buses yesterday were official supporters club. Somebody is playing games and that is shocking when it is costing folk a lot of money.

Watching highlights Hill has to come for cross at the 4th goal.

11 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Thats very poor. Only buses yesterday were official supporters club. Somebody is playing games and that is shocking when it is costing folk a lot of money.

Watching highlights Hill has to come for cross at the 4th goal.

Why is leiper not playing 

Congratulations to kirkintilloch and a girfuy to linlithgow and the scumbag who booked a bus of 45 into our bowling club and gave a false mobile number to no show at a cost of several hundred pounds of catering and bar staff wages that we can ill afford when we had turned down a booking request for a childs birthday party due to your booking!

Name the person who contacted you - as that is just not on.

23 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Name the person who contacted you - as that is just not on.

He can't name the person if they have given a false Number? 

Surely the sensible thing to do in these situations is to take a deposit over the phone with bank details, no deposit no booking. 

Surely the sensible thing to do in these situations is to take a deposit over the phone with bank details, no deposit no booking. 

Even so the first call the person would introduce themselves.

Personally this stinks of someone trying to drop the Rose in the muck. As this isn't the first time such a thing has happened.

As a member of a bowling club I fully appreciate the impact this would cause. I know whenever we booked a bus into a BC we always provided both mobile and club no.

Agree maybe in future a deposit

1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

I had the same thought earlier but then I thought of some of the bowling clubs I’ve been to, many are run by folk of a fair age who might not be as up to speed with that kind of stuff. They might also be clubs long established in their community where someone’s word has always been good enough.

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I had the same thought earlier but then I thought of some of the bowling clubs I’ve been to, many are run by folk of a fair age who might not be as up to speed with that kind of stuff. They might also be clubs long established in their community where someone’s word has always been good enough.

Sadly 8 Mile,  nowadays you can't take anyone's word like in days gone past. 

Sound's to me like someone with a grudge against linlithgow, easy to phone in a booking and give a club a bad name. 

Correct Willie and only too easy for some cretin with no connection with a club other than their grudge to drag their name into the mud and as always there are ready made haters of all clubs on here sitting waiting to take advantage. What I would advise is that any clubs receiving these calls check with the club or nominated group to double check as the rose committee know who is likely to book into clubs or pubs in advance and could verify contact details.

I feel really sorry for the bowling club involved and condemn this behaviour whether it's our club being dragged down or any other. It just spoils it for everyone because of some fud.

Utter scumbag and that’s the right term to use in this instance.
Things are tight enough these days and to be put out of pocket like this is disgusting, you can bet your bottom dollar it wasn’t anyone connected to the Rose that instigated it and I’m a BU supporter.

Archived