Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
1 hour ago, Skipper said:
You wont understand. You weren’t there.

You have turned into Auld Heid. Win 5-0 and still didnt score enough !!

You have turned into a couch potato. Never discuss the finer points of tactics with those that make great efforts to go to the gemmes !

You have turned into a couch potato. Never discuss the finer points of tactics with those that make great efforts to go to the gemmes !
Fud - I have probably seen 4 times the amount of games you have and you are about 20 years older than me.

On 19/01/2018 at 22:47, Burnie_man said:

Having watched most home games on it I barely notice any difference. It's a fantastic surface and you get a better game of football on it that you do on half the pitches in Junior football.  That said, it does need a certain level of looking after ie. regular brushing which some 3G's dont get and they deteriorate quicker as a result, and get them a bad rep.

A great grass pitch is always preferable, but those are not very common at our level and a 3G is much more of an asset to a club like ours than a grass pitch that nobody is allowed on.

Seen the first half of the Killie  v Celtic game earlier and 2 players  injured in the game due to the surface. I rest my case.

Seen the first half of the Killie  v Celtic game earlier and 2 players  injured in the game due to the surface. I rest my case.

Ah well, case closed then. Players never get injured on grass pitches. Thanks for clearing that up [emoji1303]

Huffed and puffed today and made life difficult for ourselves. Shields with 2 needless bookings within minutes.

The two McLennan's being probably our shining lights.

Darren with another howler which is concerning as his error gave pumpherston a life line in a game we were in total control off.

Can't afford these errors in the coming weeks.

19 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Huffed and puffed today and made life difficult for ourselves. Shields with 2 needless bookings within minutes.

The two McLennan's being probably our shining lights.

Darren with another howler which is concerning as his error gave pumpherston a life line in a game we were in total control off.

Can't afford these errors in the coming weeks.

It's no wonder we huffed and puffed as we were playing on a glue pot for 60 minutes with ten men! Bring back the plastic!! Lol

Darrens mistake seemed to come from a horrific bounce - no surprise on that pitch. 

But despite that we won. And the run without a loss continues! 

It's no wonder we huffed and puffed as we were playing on a glue pot for 60 minutes with ten men! Bring back the plastic!! Lol
Darrens mistake seemed to come from a horrific bounce - no surprise on that pitch. 
But despite that we won. And the run without a loss continues! 

Agree the park was a glue pot - albeit didn't hinder Roddy who seemed to glide effortlessly over it at times.

I thought Darren took his eyes off the ball rather than a bounce. Either way it was one of these one in a million mistakes

Agree the park was a glue pot - albeit didn't hinder Roddy who seemed to glide effortlessly over it at times.

I thought Darren took his eyes off the ball rather than a bounce. Either way it was one of these one in a million mistakes

Darren will get the blame but I think that's harsh. With the state of the park we shouldn't be passing it back into the centre of the goals. It always could take a bobble, which it did. Daz also pulled off a few good saves.

Jack Beaumont giving it the GIRUY [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Archived