Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

16 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

.....................not the first time the words "in and out"  and "swan" have been mentioned in connection with the rosey posey support.

One hesitates to suggest it's all about ... 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to finally get the game played. Thought we were miles ahead in every department without ever overly extending ourselves.

Great to see TC equal the club all time scoring record and a fantastic achievement. Hopefully he breaks the record next week against the Beggars.

On a sad note - bad injury to Leiper marred the game. It looked a sore one and likely need a good few stitches.

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

Good to finally get the game played. Thought we were miles ahead in every department without ever overly extending ourselves.

Great to see TC equal the club all time scoring record and a fantastic achievement. Hopefully he breaks the record next week against the Beggars.

On a sad note - bad injury to Leiper marred the game. It looked a sore one and likely need a good few stitches.

Shame 

What are the odds for the game being played on Saturday? Forecast has temperature dropping below zero by 6 today, then down to -5 tonight, a high of +2 tomorrow, a low of zero on Friday night, then up to +5 by KO time. How the local grass looking just now?! At Prestonfield, the area shaded by the stand can be problematic. 

What are the odds for the game being played on Saturday? Forecast has temperature dropping below zero by 6 today, then down to -5 tonight, a high of +2 tomorrow, a low of zero on Friday night, then up to +5 by KO time. How the local grass looking just now?! At Prestonfield, the area shaded by the stand can be problematic. 

It was covered in snow yesterday and with the temps as they are today I presume still is. The ground underneath had a thin crispy top layer but was fine underneath, wouldn't have been a problem for studs. Unfortunately the temps don't look like being favorable until after kick off time on Saturday with the Met Office issuing a further (yellow) warning of more snow on Friday.

My bet is that it is postponed... (personally I am hoping so as I can't make it on Sat!)

Snow is not as bad as will add a layer of insulation to the ground, it's the frost which will kill it....

As previously I would think that fans would come out in force to help clear the pitch of snow to get the game on.

Archived