Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

Disgraceful behaviour.

You insist that the rose should compensate Lugar Bowling Club as an act of sportsmanship? Why if it is nothing to do with the club?

Whilst I appreciate that if someone phoned ahead and didn't show its not on and does not show them up very well, but with only 10 minutes notice it's not as though Lugar bc were financially affected other than perhaps the loss of revenue which they wouldn't have gotten anyway? If they called in additional staff to cope with an expected influx then that's both unfortunate and disappointing from their view which I understand.

But for a less than intelligent "fan " of another team to suggest that they receive a financial recompense is just further evidence of the massive chip they have on their shoulder about being second best to the rose in EVERY department.

Oh and if you don't post gifs then how about we call them pictures just to keep your imbecile brain happy.

#allabouttherose!

#31andcounting

HTG

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to football related matters and it was great to see the new floodlights in action on Saturday.

Even better news that we have been permitted to remain with 2:30pm kick offs through the winter and utilise the lights.

That should allow longer for ground works to get a game on and longer in the social club for fans to generate revenue.

Well done to the club for their forward thinking of upgrading the lights. And there were fans of other teams who questioned when they would be used.

HTG

Some guy called Andy phoned the secretary of the boolin green and said they would be there in 10 mins just leavin Mauchline never appeared

That's very out of character if it's the Andy I'm thinking upon.

We passed their buses at Mauchline and that was 20 minutes before kick off.

You insistthat the rose should compensate Lugar Bowling Club as an act of sportsmanship? Why if it is nothing to do with the club?

Whilst I appreciate that if someone phoned ahead and didn't show its not on and does not show them up very well, but with only 10 minutes notice it's not as though Lugar bc were financially affected other than perhaps the loss of revenue which they wouldn't have gotten anyway? If they called in additional staff to cope with an expected influx then that's both unfortunate and disappointing from their view which I understand.

But for a less than intelligent "fan " of another team to suggest that they receive a financial recompense is just further evidence of the massive chip they have on their shoulder about being second best to the rose in EVERY department.

Oh and if you don't post gifs then how about we call them pictures just to keep your imbecile brain happy.

1z2r4u.jpg

MTBU

Bold bits:

*I didn’t insist anything. Fact.

*I was merely informing you that they weren’t gifs. Fact.

Back to football related matters and it was great to see the new floodlights in action on Saturday.

Even better news that we have been permitted to remain with 2:30pm kick offs through the winter and utilise the lights.

That should allow longer for ground works to get a game on and longer in the social club for fans to generate revenue.

Well done to the club for their forward thinking of upgrading the lights. And

1z2sgq.jpg

Wow. You're working hard on not being bitter today 8ball..... but yet again on the rose thread instead of commenting on the beggars thread !?!?....

So surely your #allabouttherose

#32andcounting

HTG

4 hours ago, Specky said:

Well done to the club for their forward thinking of upgrading the lights. And there were fans of other teams who questioned when they would be used.

HTG

I was reading that yesterday and if that takes off maybe other teams would get lights.

Wow. You're working hard on not being bitter today 8ball..... but yet again on the rose thread instead of commenting on the beggars thread !?!?....

So surely your #allabouttherose

#32andcounting

HTG

[emoji1]

We both know I comment plenty on our thread though don’t we? Go count my posts.

Specky I have him on ignore. He obviously has issues and not seeing his dreadful posts makes this a much better place.

No you don’t.

Nice big post TONY

Maybe have a word with your pal Specky about shortening his frequent, furious rants then and I won’t have to quote them. Also ‘Tony’ in lower case will be fine [emoji1]

Tommy Coyne will be making his 300th appearance this Saturday at Tayport.  He's also closing in fast on Davies Blaikie's record of 273 goals. TC has 269 goals from 299. What amazing goals to games ratio.
Well done TC a genuine Rose Legend.

Great goals record but he's still a big helmit[emoji38][emoji8]

Congratulations to Tommy Coyne on his 300 games for the Rose.

in my opinion the best player ever to play for the club due to his ability, loyalty, goal scoring achievements and general good guide.  His relationship with the home fans is second to none.  He could walk into any junior club or many senior but has chosen to give almost his whole career to one club.  He will become the club’s all time record scorer before the end of the season.  

Well done TC.

Archived