Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

How many off his goals have been pens  ? 

My guess would be 20% tops but I am sure the stats chaps at the club know better. 

Amazing return at this level for one player. 

Has tc passed Davie Blakie's record yet? I've lost track.

He has certainly been a legend for us and one of the best things to happen.

Have to admit I remember his debut against camelon (?) And some questioned him lol wonder what they think now.

8 minutes ago, Specky said:

Has tc passed Davie Blakie's record yet? I've lost track.

He has certainly been a legend for us and one of the best things to happen.

Have to admit I remember his debut against camelon (?) And some questioned him lol wonder what they think now.

Davie has 276 goals so still holds the record

Just shows how good Davie was. I remember him in the 80s/90s (hopefully) as being super sub so it shows what he did for us

He was one of those players who when he came on fans and teammates alike grew taller as they knew we would score.

Just shows how good Davie was. I remember him in the 80s/90s (hopefully) as being super sub so it shows what he did for us

He was one of those players who when he came on fans and teammates alike grew taller as they knew we would score.

Always remember Blaikes testimonial he was awarded the obligatory penalty which he duly missed.

Never mind he still bagged a hat trick anyways...!!

TC takes penalties and for me that just shows his desire to score at every opportunity. Priveledged to have watched both and would give the edge to TC (Just).

On 15/10/2017 at 19:05, PatP said:

My guess would be 20% tops but I am sure the stats chaps at the club know better. 

Amazing return at this level for one player. 

He has scored 65 penalties in open play from 69 attempts. That's a conversion rate of just over 94%. A quick Google suggests that over a sustained period between 2000 and 2010 the percentage of penalties converted in the EPL ranged between 76% and 80%. On the basis that everyone is playing at the level their ability dictates, TC's record is remarkable. Consider him probably jinxed by this post! 

He has scored 65 penalties in open play from 69 attempts. That's a conversion rate of just over 94%. A quick Google suggests that over a sustained period between 2000 and 2010 the percentage of penalties converted in the EPL ranged between 76% and 80%. On the basis that everyone is playing at the level their ability dictates, TC's record is remarkable. Consider him probably jinxed by this post! 

Misses - Dundonald, Broxburn, Carluke and Livingston??

Technically he scored the rebound against Carluke.

His 1st miss was a friendly against Lochgelly - saved by Ronnie McPherson who was our keeper but filled in for them.

He also missed against Queens Park in another friendly.

But his record from the spot is still immense.

TC's hangdog, tortured-poet demeanour seems to lead people to assume that he's lazy, but his work-rate is actually very good. He doesn't get enough credit for it. He crops up all over the place and tracks back well. It doesn't come naturally to him, but in a way that's all the more impressive because he chooses to dig in and pull his weight for the team. All he lacks is pace, but on the smaller pitches of Junior football, against slower defenders, that's not such a problem. 

If it hadn't been for his goals last season, Rose would have been in serious relegation trouble right to the end. Him, Batchy and Leiper were the players that kept them up with what became a deceptively big margin. 

3 hours ago, Specky said:

Who you would have taken in a heartbeat ..... thankfully he enjoys scoring against you lot more than your money. emoji16.png

If he is that good why has he not attracted senior teams 

So he lacks ambition and well paid 

How you work that out?

Clearly has put medals over money. Winning every medal in the junior game.

If money was his motivation he would have left years ago.

Another goal today - TC LEGEND

Archived